Napoleon Dynamite

EveryNerveAware

I just happened to see that this was coming to Fox on Sunday, Jan 15th.

Napoleon Dynamite Animated Series

I'm a huge fan of the movie and although I usually don't like cartoons, including South Park, Family Guy and Simpons, I will check this out just because of my love for the movie. I don't know why but adult cartoons just don't interest me. Don't get me wrong, I have seen funny episodes of all three of the aforementioned shows, but I just don't tune in.

I will give this one a chance. Of all the movies that need a sequel this is one. I can understand Jon Heder not wanting to be known as Napoleon Dynamite, but guess what...he's known for it so might as well do at least one sequel!

"You know, there's like a buttload of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bow staff." rofl3.gif

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ May 21 2011, 04:15 PM)
Too 2004.

I agree. My girlfriend and I were watching TV when the ad for this came on. We both looked at each other and basically said "If they were going to make something like this, shouldn't it have been on like 10 years ago?"

Related, I've begun work on my new animated adventure entitled "Project X, Book II: Revenge of the Cimpanzees"

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Dec 19 2011, 12:11 PM)
Too 2004.

I agree. My girlfriend and I were watching TV when the ad for this came on. We both looked at each other and basically said "If they were going to make something like this, shouldn't it have been on like 10 years ago?"

Agreed...this should've happened when the film was still fresh. At least they could've make a sequel to preceed the cartoon series, cause that would've been a more logical approach.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 20 2011, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Dec 19 2011, 12:11 PM)
Too 2004.

Agreed...this should've happened when the film was still fresh. At least they could've make a sequel to preceed the cartoon series, cause that would've been a more logical approach.

Can't disagree with either of you, but I don't know why, I am still looking forward to it. Again, I don't watch any other adult cartoons so I will probably end up not watching it after a couple episodes. But just hearing the real characters again will be funny. IMO. We will see.

I don't understand why they went animated. They have the actors. They have the following from the movie. As much as I love animation, for this genre it is a turnoff.

South Park is different. They get away with so much more because they are dealing with kids. They couldn't do 90% of what they do unless it was animated.

Edited by Cowtothesky

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jan 16 2012, 12:54 AM)
I'm so pissed that this is now on Sundays while I have to wait longer for the return of Bob's Burgers.  Personally, I believe it's the best of the Fox animated shows now.

My wife has been pissed that Bob's has not been on. We couldn't stand that Alexander show (I think that's what it was) that replaced it. I looked it up to see if it will ever come back on, and read that Bob's is to return for a season 2.

I thought this ND show was going to suck. I watched most of both episodes, and.. they didn't suck.

I hate Bob's Burgers, I really liked Napoleon Dynamite "the movie" but this is to silly and wayyy to late trying cash in, just doesn't work.. And in reverse like many classic SNL skits made terrible movies many years to late they came out with the Coneheads movie. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

So I watched the first episode and it was cool for the first 15 mins hearing the voices again and seeing the cartoons of the characters. But after that 15 mins I just lost interest. Not sure if it's because it's bad or because I just don't like animated shows. I am one of the few who is not into Southpark, Family Guy, The Simpsons, etc.

Although, I just remembered I do like one animated show, the new Beavis and Butthead is hilarious. I love when they make fun of the MTV shows like Teen Mom and Jersey Shore. I enjoyed the original for probably the first year it was on and then lost interest. I'll probably do the same for the new Beavis and Butthead, but so far, I like it.

The only 2 cartoons I really watch anymore are Beavis & Butthead (just as good if not better than the 1990s version) and what I think is the best of the Fox animation domination block by FAR: American Dad!

New Family Guys just aren't funny anymore and The Cleveland Show has been painful to watch for its entire run. While Seth has really dropped the ball on those, American Dad is always funny to me. It helps when 4 of your 6 main characters are awesome (Stan, Roger, Steve, Francine) vs Family Guy's occasional funny jokes from Peter and Stewie. It probably doesn't help that FG is on 1000 times a week on 10 stations either.

Edited by Del_Duio

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jan 20 2012, 08:39 AM)
what I think is the best of the Fox animation domination block by FAR: American Dad!

HUGE rip off of Family Guy!

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jan 20 2012, 06:06 PM)
what I think is the best of the Fox animation domination block by FAR: American Dad!

Kind of hard not to in some degree, since Seth is creator of both.. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jan 20 2012, 05:06 PM)

In the sense that they share an animation style and they're both comedies, sure. But the dynamics, the characters, the stories... very, very different shows.

That would be like saying Futurama is a ripoff of the Simpsons.