Which is the silliest video?

laughedatbytime

Which is the silliest video?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the silliest video?

• Superconductor
    • Other

i love the time stands still video biggrin.gif i remember visiting my aunt in edinburgh and buying the chronicles video.when the tss video came on,my aunt was just cracking up watching it.that's one of the reasons why i'll always love it. biggrin.gif 2.gif cheer.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif atickhum.gif

You really could've expanded this poll to include all of Rush's videos. I don't think they like making them, so they put in as little effort as possible.

Before this thread I wasn't even aware that Superconductor had a video or was even a single unsure.gif The video is cheesy but it does fit the theme of the lyrics.

I'm sorry but TSS will always top my list. Not only as the worst Rush video ever but one of the worst ones of all time. When it comes to discussing the worst video of all time you really can't go wrong picking anything Rush has come out with.

QUOTE (RushNut @ May 17 2011, 08:31 AM)
QUOTE (teababe27 @ May 17 2011, 02:12 AM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ May 16 2011, 10:56 PM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ May 16 2011, 07:17 PM)
Time Stand Still

goodpost.gif bacon.gif

This.

+1

+2

The first time I saw the time stand still video, this was my reaction:

http://images.wikia.com/halofanon/images/c/c4/Wtf_is_this_shit.jpg

Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE (racefaceec90 @ May 17 2011, 01:35 PM)
i love the time stands still video biggrin.gif i remember visiting my aunt in edinburgh and buying the chronicles video.when the tss video came on,my aunt was just cracking up watching it.that's one of the reasons why i'll always love it. biggrin.gif 2.gif cheer.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif atickhum.gif

I wub.gif this one too! 653.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ May 17 2011, 01:25 AM)
QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ May 17 2011, 01:12 AM)
The DEW video with the kid spinning around on the bomb. Reminds me of The Phantom Menace.

I like the Distant Early Warning video as a spoof on Dr.Strangelove. (Isn't that Geddy's son in this video? thought i read that somewhere..)

It does have some hokey 80's special effects like Geddy's face melting plastic head. laugh.gif

While it's cool that they referenced Dr Strangelove the execution is more than cringe-inducing.

I don't think it was really Geddy's son. Think that's just a myth. Someone else may know.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 17 2011, 11:20 AM)
You really could've expanded this poll to include all of Rush's videos. I don't think they like making them, so they put in as little effort as possible.

Before this thread I wasn't even aware that Superconductor had a video or was even a single unsure.gif The video is cheesy but it does fit the theme of the lyrics.

I'm sorry but TSS will always top my list. Not only as the worst Rush video ever but one of the worst ones of all time. When it comes to discussing the worst video of all time you really can't go wrong picking anything Rush has come out with.

All of Rush's videos aren't that bad. I like the vids for Half the World, Show Don't Tell, and Nobodys Hero. They're pretty good.

Another vote for Time Stand Still, even though Neil is just smokin' hhhhotttt in that tank top. Except there was some bizarre effect applied that made his eyes look scary. Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ May 17 2011, 03:27 PM)
Another vote for Time Stand Still, even though Neil is just smokin' hhhhotttt in that tank top. Except there was some bizarre effect applied that made his eyes look scary.

Agreed with this post.

On all points. wink.gif

Big Money = Horrible 80's cheese

The Driven video may be silly in a way- but at least it fits the lyrics.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how does the Time Stand Still video fits the song. All they do is float around playing the songs, with Aimee Mann being behind the camera while floating around as well.

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 18 2011, 11:18 AM)
Big Money = Horrible 80's cheese

But is it really worse than the TSS video? laugh.gif

Cheesy, yes, but at least they're not floating around doing random spins on random pretty backgrounds.

Big Money is SO 80's!!!!!

It has all the elements of an 80s music video. Back when MTV still played music videos. All the Atari arcade glory. All the synthesizer. All the clothes.

Ah, the memories.

But it still fits the lyrics. Which Time Stand Still fails to do.