Favorite Guitar Solos

Nate2112

Dont Know if this will be considered a guitar solo but on Audioslave's Revelations, i just love that guitar sliding in the middle!! wub.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes covered Paul Simon's AMERICA, one of my fave Howe leads

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/13857_176172928742_170691943742_2891063_4716278_n.jpg

every Lerxt solo really. Gilmour as well. Steven Wilson has some amazing stuff.

I love the extended version of Aqualung. Bravado and Hemispheres and LVS of course, as well as Limelight. Firth of Fifth. A lot by Brian May, especially You and I. Yours is no Disgrace. Samba Pa Ti. Some Satriani and Jeff Beck. Wither by Dream Theater.

I Drive The Hearse, Dark Matter, The Start of Something beautiful and Way Out Of Here. Alex's Solo in Anesthetize.

Marooned, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Wish You Were Here and a lot others.

Anything by Mark Knopfler, ESPECIALLY that solo during Telegraph Road four minutes into the song wub.gif quite possibly my third favorite behind Bravado on DS and LVS.

I love the one towards the end of Brena by A Perfect Circle.

Rhandy-SATO

Maybe we should try to keep it to one only? If so, for me it's Gilmour's solo in Comfortably Numb. Takes me places, it really does. And then if it's listened to in combo with substances that take one pleaces......hoo boy!!

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 13 2011, 06:56 AM)
Out of left field a bit here, but Im going to say the ending guitar solo on Boston's "Hitch a Ride." Beautiful, tasteful, tuneful playing with amazing tone by the great Tom Scholz.

kudos, great record

at this point i will bring up one of my faves, the Made in Japan-Highway Star lead is phenomenal

Pretty much any David Gilmour solo, but particularly Time and Take It Back.

Also seconding that first solo in Dire Straits' Telegraph Road.

And kind of obscure, but I just love the one from Journey's Only The Young.

Pretty much anything from:

Duane Allman

Warren Haynes

Jerry Garcia

SRV

Jimmy Page

Certain ones that stand out would be: You Don't Love Me, Whipping Post, In Memmory Of Elizabeth Reed, Terrapin Station, Little Wing, Since I've Been Loving You, Dazed And Confused, etc....

Archived