My band covers Entre Nous!

yyzyy

My band PYRAMID THEOREM covered Entre Nous a while back and finally released the music video about an hour ago.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. We know it sounds terrible, but that's what you get when you have 6 hours to record and mix a song with free studio time!

ENTRE NOUS

You know what, it's not the way the vocals actually sound. It's a decent voice. It's more about HOW it's being sung. Sounds like he's half-asleep.

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 30 2011, 04:18 PM)
You know what, it's not the way the vocals actually sound. It's a decent voice. It's more about HOW it's being sung. Sounds like he's half-asleep.

Yeah, that's what I meant by the style of singing. That style of singing would probably fit an April Wine or REO Speedwagon song better.

QUOTE (patjnev @ Apr 30 2011, 06:54 PM)
Very good job on one of my favorite songs. In fact one of the best covers I heard of a RUSH song ever !

Nice done, very good sound, I wanna hear some more covers, how about jacobs ladder or by tor and the snow dog?

Thanks a lot for the input! We actually covered Jacob's Ladder back in 2009 at a charity show. I think we really nailed it to be honest. We've covered plenty of Rush tunes in our existence. 2112 (in its entirety), Closer to the Heart, Red Barchetta, we've even created a Rush Medley early on which had Main Monkey Business, Natural Science, Bastille Day, etc.

But I'll tell you, we covered 2112 at a headlining show in front of 450 people, and when the opening chord to Grand Finale started, I have never felt that good on stage before!

You guys sound great and and I would love to see and hear more of the band, especially 2112.

Thanks a lot man! We're currently in studio mixing our debut album. As for 2112, we filmed the show with 5 cams. It's just a matter of when we will be releasing the footage, there's a lot of "paper work" that still has to be done in order for that to happen! lol. We've got a bunch of stuff up on youtube if you just type in "Pyramid Theorem".

Also, check out my

if you wish! wink.gif

Music sounds great! Your drumming is spot on.

Vocals are shaky at best.

QUOTE (yyzyy @ May 3 2011, 11:42 AM)
Thanks a lot man! We're currently in studio mixing our debut album. As for 2112, we filmed the show with 5 cams. It's just a matter of when we will be releasing the footage, there's a lot of "paper work" that still has to be done in order for that to happen! lol. We've got a bunch of stuff up on youtube if you just type in "Pyramid Theorem".

Also, check out my DRUM SOLO if you wish! wink.gif

smile.gif Your solo was awesome man and I loved the doubles and your stick tossing. I had the volume cranked and on full screen. I also really love the color of your DW kit. trink39.gif bekloppt.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'll defend your singer by far the most difficult thing to cover in a Rush song is the vocal hell even Ged struggles great cover and a fine tribute to the greatest band ever.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Apr 30 2011, 02:10 PM)
We know it sounds terrible.

Huh? Sounds awesome in terms of engineering. It depends on the standards you're talking about. "Terrible" is relative. Look around at some of the covers of Rush songs on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

Great song selection!

More synth in the mix! At least in some places, especially in the in the instrumental bridge! That's the melody there, and I think you may have taken some stuff down an octave. The lower mids get cluttered; probably why they chose the original octaves on the album.

I could do without the harmony vocals. There's enough going on in this song harmonically; it crowds the mix.

Chop off the first 37 seconds of the video and you'll get more views! I almost quit watching it, but then of course the awesomeness kicked in and then it was all good smile.gif

I agree with some of the feedback on the vox, positive and negative, but they're fine. A little more balls and attitude would be cool, but you guys had a short amount of time.

Overall great; minor tweaks could make it really awesome!

sounds good, and it's surprising how many ppl cried about the vocals. Besides needing to grow a set of nuts he actually sounded pretty damn good considering ged is impossible to copy. trink39.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ May 5 2011, 03:16 AM)
sounds good, and it's surprising how many ppl cried about the vocals. Besides needing to grow a set of nuts he actually sounded pretty damn good considering ged is impossible to copy.  trink39.gif

The singer is not a bad singer. I just don't think that his style suits that song all that well. To cover a song well you don't necessarily have to sound anything like the original singer as long as the style suits the song well.

Edited by snowdogged

loved it! very competent musicianship but your singer needs a firework up his backside...well done,oh and great drumming wink.gif

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Long story short, none of us were overly ecstatic with the recording as a whole, but it is what it is. The singing we know is the weakest point of the track, but what it boiled down to was not having enough time in the studio to make it sound how we wanted.

We had 6 hours to record drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals. With vocals being last, we only had about an hour or so to fit it in. Not saying that they are bad, but obviously it could have been much better. Even the overall mix we're not crazy about...especially my snare, I cringe with every hit!

Either way, thanks for the feedback and keep it coming!

Very well done. I know I'm in the minority, but I actually really like the vocal take on this. Excellent drumming as well.

The mix is kind of muddy, but still great job. trink39.gif