The Sense O' Clock News

Nate2112

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 28 2011, 04:15 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 28 2011, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 28 2011, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 28 2011, 02:09 PM)
Nate, I'll be honest -- you might be too young for SOCN. Just looking out for you.

I'd like the opinions of current SOCN people about whether someone who just turned 13 is too young for in there.

I respect youre decision. I understand the politics and all(i listen to Glenn Beck) but Im not faint of heart! I understand myself and It is extremely hard to make me feel even the slightest upset.

By the way why are you called 73 laugh.gif

1001001 = 73 in binary

That makes sense.... ph34r.gif

Yeah, not a lot of people know how to count in binary.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who can count in binary and those who can't.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 28 2011, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Apr 28 2011, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 28 2011, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 28 2011, 02:27 PM)
Ok...How would this effect my life. See, I have Republican beliefs and to be honest, I am proud of them. Its very hard to change me...

Can I have the full story of SOCN please? biggrin.gif

He's wise beyond his years. I think he'll be OK in there. wink.gif

On second thought, don't let him in. tongue.gif

moon.gif Take that boilermaker boy. laugh.gif

Well, I haven't seen you in that position in quite some time. Good memories.

Ok...How would this effect my life. See, I have Republican beliefs and to be honest, I am proud of them. Its very hard to change me...

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! fists crying.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 28 2011, 03:09 PM)
Nate, I'll be honest -- you might be too young for SOCN. Just looking out for you.

I'd like the opinions of current SOCN people about whether someone who just turned 13 is too young for in there.

My daughter just turned 15 and she watches the news and talks about politics and religion with me. I see no reason why he shouldn't have access at least until her proves that he isn't mature enough for discourse there. My only reservation is that things can turn heated an some posts are adult in nature from a perspective of language. Otherwise I applaud someone so young taking an interest in politics/religion. Not enough do which is probably a contributor to how messed up the world is.

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Apr 28 2011, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 28 2011, 04:22 PM)

moon.gif Take that boilermaker boy. laugh.gif

Well, I haven't seen you in that position in quite some time. Good memories.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 28 2011, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 28 2011, 04:15 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 28 2011, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 28 2011, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 28 2011, 02:09 PM)

I respect youre decision. I understand the politics and all(i listen to Glenn Beck) but Im not faint of heart! I understand myself and It is extremely hard to make me feel even the slightest upset.

By the way why are you called 73 laugh.gif

1001001 = 73 in binary

That makes sense.... ph34r.gif

Yeah, not a lot of people know how to count in binary.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Nice!!

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 28 2011, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 28 2011, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 28 2011, 03:59 PM)
I mean I wouldn't put anything bad on it. It's just text and I dont know any of you.

If i am nagging please tell me so laugh.gif

Nah, dude, we respect your enthusiasm and all! You seem like a good kid, which is why your admission to SOCN is a topic of debate...there are some adults who can't handle it in there wacko.gif I don't even know if I can handle it myself, every time I read in there I get the urge to binge on Jello pudding packs until I can't see.

Yeah...where is Osage these days? Did he accept a cabinet position with the Neo-Chimp? unsure.gif

Oh no you dint!!!!

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Apr 28 2011, 03:45 PM)
It's a politics discussion, not a strip club! Let him in!

laugh.gif Although Ouchie says that a gun is the same as a penis. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Apr 28 2011, 04:40 PM)

My daughter just turned 15 and she watches the news and talks about politics and religion with me. I see no reason why he shouldn't have access at least until her proves that he isn't mature enough for discourse there. My only reservation is that things can turn heated an some posts are adult in nature from a perspective of language. Otherwise I applaud someone so young taking an interest in politics/religion. Not enough do which is probably a contributor to how messed up the world is.

All good points, but if Nate were 15 instead of just turning 13 we wouldn't be having this discussion. wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 28 2011, 04:54 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Apr 28 2011, 04:40 PM)

All good points, but if Nate were 15 instead of just turning 13 we wouldn't be having this discussion. wink.gif

Age is no comparison. You have to take it case by case. My daughter doesn't act like a normal 15 year old and Nate doesn't act like a typical 13 year old.

Just my $.02

I joined when I was around 14 turning, 15 I believe, and I even remember questioning some of the "new" material I was exposed to, certain terms, certain issues etc etc. Sometimes I even think that I was a bit young joining, but now of course it's fine.

But you get my point.

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 28 2011, 10:32 PM)
I joined when I was around 14 turning, 15 I believe, and I even remember questioning some of the "new" material I was exposed to, certain terms, certain issues etc etc. Sometimes I even think that I was a bit young joining, but now of course it's fine.

But you get my point.

You're only saying that so that there'll be someone to take over from you as pissbucket emptier...

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 28 2011, 04:35 PM)

But you get my point.

You're only saying that so that there'll be someone to take over from you as pissbucket emptier...

Ok you know what? I worked real damn hard to earn that position and I make my $1.70 an hour as a proud man, so stop ragging on it ok? fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 28 2011, 04:35 PM)

But you get my point.

Wait for the shake! z7shysterical.gif

Politics do nothing but cause arguments. If politicians were absent, everything would be fine. This country needs a unified party, no one who f***ing squabbles about Obama's birth certificate.

Both parties suck.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 28 2011, 08:43 PM)
So what did happen with the Admins, Mods, flan case and the bag of icing sugar..?

Oh, there was chafing, some superficial burns, a court case and a LOT of counselling.

And, yes, a little bit of love. That's where the icing sugar came in.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Apr 28 2011, 04:45 PM)
Politics do nothing but cause arguments. If politicians were absent, everything would be fine. This country needs a unified party, no one who f***ing squabbles about Obama's birth certificate.

Both parties suck.

rofl3.gif

Man, oh man.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 28 2011, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 28 2011, 08:43 PM)
So what did happen with the Admins, Mods, flan case and the bag of icing sugar..?

Oh, there was chafing, some superficial burns, a court case and a LOT of counselling.

And, yes, a little bit of love. That's where the icing sugar came in.

I guess you had to be there...

tongue.gif

ph34r.gif