The Sense O' Clock News

Nate2112

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 29 2011, 07:26 AM)
force-feeding scrambled eggs to chickens

One of the greatest nights of my life!!!

"EAT YOUR BABIES MOTHER HEN!!!! AH HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!"

Yerp, that was up there with the best of them.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Apr 29 2011, 12:39 PM)
Good points. I don't know how interested I would have been in the discussions that take place in SOCN when I was 13.

I don't think I would have been.

Me neither. I was too busying trying to figure out what boobs felt like.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 29 2011, 01:45 PM)
Good points. I don't know how interested I would have been in the discussions that take place in SOCN when I was 13.

Bags of sand. wink.gif I found that out . . . a long time ago.

I don't mind discussing politics, but I didn't like the direction religious discussions were going. If the religious discussions disappear, I'd love to get back into the political discussions.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 28 2011, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 28 2011, 02:01 PM)
Nate, it's locked for new members by default, and you need to ask permission of an admin to grant you access to it. It's our political/religious/verbal abuse forum. If you're weak of heart, I don't recommend it laugh.gif You'll notice some members have little asterisks (*) by where it says "Group: Members*" Those people have access to SOCN. You want in? Ask the big boss man, the almighty, SEVENTY THREE.

Yes. And they only let conservatives in. laugh.gif

So that explains the lopsidedness!

The truth is out!

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Apr 29 2011, 12:58 PM)

Well, Andy Stitzer didn't clear that up for everyone until 2005. laugh.gif

I think it's about time for another religion thread in SOCN.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 29 2011, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Apr 29 2011, 12:58 PM)

Well, Andy Stitzer didn't clear that up for everyone until 2005. laugh.gif

Just who in the hell have you lot been sacking out with?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 29 2011, 02:26 AM)
Look, I certainly didn't mean to give the impression to Nate or any of our non-SOCNers that our politics forum is a haven for debauchery, bloodletting, goat sex, KKK keggers, force-feeding scrambled eggs to chickens, poetry reading, cutting the brake lines on wheelchairs, or Nickelback listening parties. It's not THAT bad, it really isn't. Seriously, none of us in there actually like poetry....

But discussion of politics and religion can bring out the bad side in some people. It's why many boards don't allow it, and why we have our politics section isolated. I'm not sure I want to see a kid who just turned 13 running around the board screaming REDRUM after only a week in there. (Just kidding, Nate. laugh.gif)

I'm pretty sure Invisi and Alex were the youngest people we've ever had in SOCN -- both of them were 14-1/2 when they made their first posts in there (I looked it up). And both those guys now question whether it was a good idea to go in there that early, and both of them were REALLY mature for that age. And on top of that, I think there's a big difference between 13 and 14-1/2 when it comes to discussing politics and arguing about religion. But that's just my opinion.

In all fairness, SOCN is pretty well-mannered compared to some political forums I've seen. Anyway, we mods will talk more about sacrificing Nate to Satan on his first nite in SOCN letting Nate check out SOCN.

I'm glad to see that you took both me and invisi's opinions into consideration for age. I think it offers a good perspective.

It also makes me realize how long I have been posting on this board and how much I've changed laugh.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 28 2011, 01:05 PM)
Nate, it's locked for new members by default, and you need to ask permission of an admin to grant you access to it. It's our political/religious/verbal abuse forum. If you're weak of heart, I don't recommend it laugh.gif You'll notice some members have little asterisks (*) by where it says "Group: Members*" Those people have access to SOCN. You want in? Ask the big boss man, the almighty, SEVENTY THREE.

unsure.gif

How'd I get in there then?

Another thing. To me, it's not all about the subject matter that's discussed or HOW we discuss it. But it's also about WHO we are. We are, in reality, relativelely anonymous people on a message board dicussing politics and I'm not sure if I would feel comftorable with the responsibility of introducing "new terms or subjects" to someone younger than me.

If I knew this person in real life, even as a really distant peer, it would make me feel more comftorable. It's not about shielding him from the subject matter, it's really about the responsibility we might have here. The news, eavesdropping on your parents, listening to older kids talk in REAL LIFE, to me, is completely different than the anonymous board we have.

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Apr 29 2011, 03:08 PM)

unsure.gif

Sometimes the punching bags wear out, and we have to bring in replacements. yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 29 2011, 02:10 PM)

unsure.gif

Sometimes the punching bags wear out, and we have to bring in replacements. yes.gif

laugh.gif

true true

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 29 2011, 02:10 PM)

unsure.gif

z7shysterical.gif

unsure.gif

Future mercy killing probably tongue.gif .