This is REALLY bad!

HigherWater

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheBlonde @ Mar 29 2011, 10:57 AM)
What sort of unforseen circumstance would be acceptable to you?

I did read on RIAB that Toledo had to be postponed because of the April 1 /2 postponement.

If the venue had to postpone for some reason, or maybe there was some sort of equipment issue that couldn't be resolved before the show, saying something along those lines would probably appease most fans.

But really, if the band had to postpone for a personal and/or medical reason, they don't "owe it" to you to tell you why. And it would violate the US HIPAA laws...which apply to everyone in the US, citizens or not.

I'm not saying that fans don't have the right to be ticked that the shows were postponed. I'd be, especially if I couldn't make the rescheduled show. But to say that we are owed an explanation? eyesre4.gif

Fair question. I would say there are no unforeseen circumstances that are acceptable without explanation. In other words, I don't have a problem with the postponement, I have a problem with the arrogance of the press release. How about this:

"The Arena in Greensboro has a conflict and cannot accomodate Rush on April 1. Due to the amount of chewing tobacco left behind after Wednesday's tractor pull the arena will need an extra day to clean. We are sorry for any hardship this may have caused but we all know: In North Carolina TRACTOR PULL COMES FIRST!"

That would have been fine with me!

HW wink.gif

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 29 2011, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (TheBlonde @ Mar 29 2011, 10:57 AM)
What sort of unforseen circumstance would be acceptable to you?

I did read on RIAB that Toledo had to be postponed because of the April 1 /2 postponement.

If the venue had to postpone for some reason, or maybe there was some sort of equipment issue that couldn't be resolved before the show, saying something along those lines would probably appease most fans.

But really, if the band had to postpone for a personal and/or medical reason, they don't "owe it" to you to tell you why. And it would violate the US HIPAA laws...which apply to everyone in the US, citizens or not.

I'm not saying that fans don't have the right to be ticked that the shows were postponed. I'd be, especially if I couldn't make the rescheduled show. But to say that we are owed an explanation?  eyesre4.gif

Fair question. I would say there are no unforeseen circumstances that are acceptable without explanation. In other words, I don't have a problem with the postponement, I have a problem with the arrogance of the press release. How about this:

"The Arena in Greensboro has a conflict and cannot accomodate Rush on April 1. Due to the amount of chewing tobacco left behind after Wednesday's tractor pull the arena will need an extra day to clean. We are sorry for any hardship this may have caused but we all know: In North Carolina TRACTOR PULL COMES FIRST!"

That would have been fine with me!

HW wink.gif

Monster Truck Shows are on Sunday Sunday Sunday!

This was in my email box because I subscribe to the Rush newsletter:

Monday, March 28, 2011

Live Nation announced today that due to unforeseen circumstances the Rush performance previously scheduled for this Friday, April 1st in Greensboro has been postponed one day and will now take place on Saturday, April 2nd at the Greensboro Coliseum. Doors remain 6:30 pm with show time at 7:30 pm.

After much consideration, as the Toledo performance would have been the 4th show in 5 days the decision was made to delay the show rather than move forward as previously scheduled. The added time between shows will ensure that fans in Toledo are treated to the best performance that Rush can deliver.  As a result, the Toledo performance previously scheduled for Wednesday, April 6th will be postponed one week and will now take place on Wednesday, April 13th at Huntington Center.

Tickets for both of the previously scheduled performance will be honored at the rescheduled dates.  Fans requiring a refund may do so at point of purchase.

Sounds like an explanation to me. Come on, they have had basically a "two on, one off" or a "two on, two off" type schedule on their tours since the early 1990's. I adore Geddy, but his voice is the main reason they don't cram more shows into a shorter period of time. Besides, I pay a LOT for good seats at shows (and I am, by NO means, well off or rich...I am a blue-collar gal who works her ass off, and I have even taken a second job just to afford to see Rush) and I want the best performance that they can offer. If 4 shows in 5 days is going to cause a problem, then I am glad that they decided to remedy that. And, someone pointed out earlier that they will make it up to the fans via free merch. Damn, I paid $50 for a "rain date" hat from the first leg...you can make back at least some of the cost of your ticket if you wanted. cool.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 29 2011, 08:24 AM)
good news though - if history tells us anything, those going to the rescheduled shows will pick up a free hat or something.

I never got anything for the Red Rocks resched date, I wasn't unhappy other than the weather was perfect the evening on the actual date. Thought it was funny when it did start to lightly rain, Alex was playing The Trees at the time I remember that.

I also have to wonder if it was intentional or not, but having Toledo closer to the Cleavland date means they can get into Cleavland quicker, make sure those film cameras are all set up the way whomever wants them.

It's just really sucky that they had to do this date bumping all seemingly last minute, heh and 3 years ago waking up in Colorado the day of the show and hearing on the radio driving up to Red Rocks, I think that was closer to last minute if there ever was. Guess I'm forgetting about Chicago though, those youtube videos, everyone in the venue and then they pull the plug, that was a good rain storm though.

Well Red Rocks 2008, the crew was affected by the rain with the set up. From what I learned from Nobody's Hero, it was the exact same scenario to a T with the 2004 Red Rocks tour date. It seems to me Red Rocks is a mecca for people coming in from anywhere to see their favorite band play there, it was an amazing vacation I had there, even without the concert, and I did make it back for the resched concert, but the flight delay home put me off flying. Indeed, weather related postponements can't be worked around, obviously this was someones lack of scheduling things in the right spot.

The reason RUSH rescheduled the Greensboro show is that Live Nation also scheduled the Royal Comedy Tour at the War Memorial next door. Don't know if it's parking issues or what? The comedy tour was asked to move their date and they refused. RUSH agreed to move the show date. This led to a domino effect and rather than having 4 shows in 5 days....they moved the Toledo show too. You've gotta love Live Nation...@#%$-ups.

QUOTE (Ceiling Unlimited @ Mar 29 2011, 07:28 PM)
The reason RUSH rescheduled the Greensboro show is that Live Nation also scheduled the Royal Comedy Tour at the War Memorial next door.  Don't know if it's parking issues or what?  The comedy tour was asked to move their date and they refused.  RUSH agreed to move the show date.  This led to a domino effect and rather than having 4 shows in 5 days....they moved the Toledo show too.  You've gotta love Live Nation...@#%$-ups.

If they cannot host concurrent events, why have two venues? Not like either is competing for the others audience.

Where was the FTC and DOJ when Ticket Monster bought Live Nation which had already bought Music Today?

Edited by GTIMANiac

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 29 2011, 01:02 PM)

QUOTE (Geddycrazy @ Mar 29 2011, 06:29 AM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Mar 28 2011, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Mar 28 2011, 09:33 PM)
. Just like it was Bush-League when Guns and Roses used to cancel 

and don't compare rush to guns and posers...they cancel shows with no regard for anyone but their worthless selves. drug issues, pussy-like attitudes and egos are not part of rush, never have been. different class of human beings were talking about.

U dont know what the hell ur talking about- I've seen GnR like 8x since 2007 & they've had no cxed shows- yes they come on a bit late sometimes & sometimes very late but Axl has always been a night owl- true fans know this & then they put on f***ing mind-blowing shows of up to between 2.5 up to 3.5+ hrs. long sometimes- Axl & the band sound simply outstanding , but they do little to no advertising, interviews, etc. so people have no idea & just half listen to media bs -It's pussies that can't handle staying up a little late for an incredible rock show- this aint the Mickey Mouse Club!

If it ain't the Mickey Mouse show and you are over 11, then type out WHOLE FUKKIN WORDS!

Goddamn kids.

assuming sarcasm- but just in case, the mods edited it- wish i was a kid again though! moon.gif

Shit happens.

When shit happens you have to deal with it.

QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 28 2011, 07:16 PM)
laughed at by time...........

the new date is better for me but still a strange occurrence.

Perhaps with the Tarheels out of the NCAA they think they can sell more tickets. cool10.gif

I'm sure their reasons are legit. I'd think it could be great for some and a bummer for others. A few more tickets may have been sold due to the change. I considered the G'boro gig but live in Atlanta. By the way... it's Tar Heels. Two words, unless you go or went to NCSU or are a DOOKIE.

I scored three front row seats for Toledo thu the Musictoday sale months ago. A friend of mine from Chicago who has been a huge Rush fan all his life had a couple days of vacation scheduled for the Toledo date since December in order to use one of those tix. It would have been his first time in the front row, and actually the first time within 10 rows of the stage.

Unfortunately, he has a big meeting scheduled with people flying in from across the country for the rescheduled date, so there is no way he can make it now. To say he is disappointed would be an understatement.

I can understand things can come up, but it really should be a truly last resort to reschedule a date. Hopefully what ever the reason was rises to that level.

It appears to me that ticket sales are not real great in Toledo, so I guess I am glad the show is still on. It would be just my luck to get front row tix at face value for less than $100, and then have the show canceled due to poor sales.