Firefox 4.0

snowdogged

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2011, 11:42 PM)
Just installed it....yeah it is indeed pretty fast.

I have to get used to the new layout though.

Just right click at the top area over the address bar and click on customize and you can move the buttons around or even add buttons.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 25 2011, 01:01 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2011, 11:42 PM)
Just installed it....yeah it is indeed pretty fast. 

I have to get used to the new layout though.

Just right click at the top area over the address bar and click on customize and you can move the buttons around or even add buttons.

I'm referring to the refresh button, home button etc...I do not see anything there to move those. It's no biggie.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 24 2011, 11:53 PM)
Downloaded it yesterday, haven't installed it yet. Any bugs to report?

Only had it installed a few hours and so far so good. However, I just now checked in the processes and this thing is a major memory hog. It's using about 250 megs of memory(unreal!) but the funny thing is that I haven't noticed any slowdown in my laptop at all. I use to notice a slow down in the old version which used around 6 times less memory than that.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 25 2011, 01:12 AM)

Only had it installed a few hours and so far so good. However, I just now checked in the processes and this thing is a major memory hog. It's using about 250 megs of memory(unreal!) but the funny thing is that I haven't noticed any slowdown in my laptop at all. I use to notice a slow down in the old version which used around 6 times less memory than that.

Mine is about the same as before....but I find it not as slow as before...Used to take forever to load up but now it is instant when I click the home page...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 25 2011, 12:16 AM)

Mine is about the same as before....but I find it not as slow as before...Used to take forever to load up but now it is instant when I click the home page...

I had a few windows open in it before. I closed everything down and restarted Firefox and now it is using around 83 megs.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Mar 25 2011, 01:26 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 25 2011, 12:16 AM)

I had a few windows open in it before. I closed everything down and restarted Firefox and now it is using around 83 megs.

About same for me

Installed it on my laptop. Crazy-fast. I don't like how it copies Safari's placement of the refresh button, I've always found that pretty annoying. Some interesting options for organizing tabs. I'll have to play around with it.

I think I'm going to stick with Chrome as my main browser for now, but it could grow on me.

Edit: Never mind, figured out how to move the refresh button. Excellent!

Edit again: Okay, wow. Best interface ever.

Edited by invisibleairwaves

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Mar 24 2011, 11:58 PM)
Terrible. Hate everything on it.

I'm back with 3.16 I like it much better.

...Why?

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Mar 25 2011, 12:12 AM)
Installed it on my laptop. Crazy-fast. I don't like how it copies Safari's placement of the refresh button, I've always found that pretty annoying. Some interesting options for organizing tabs. I'll have to play around with it.

I think I'm going to stick with Chrome as my main browser for now, but it could grow on me.

Edit: Never mind, figured out how to move the refresh button. Excellent!

Edit again: Okay, wow. Best interface ever.

goodpost.gif

Didn't like the interface, didn't like it in general really, buttons anything. Just the whole thing wasn't a fan of.

Sure faster but It wasn't what i wanted as a whole from a browser. 3.16 does, 4 just doesn't for me. It's not even the fact it's new and everything just don't like it period nothing is appealing to me about it (at this time i'll add cause you never know but right now no.)

Well, what's nice about it is the sheer level of customization. The whole interface is completely modular...you can add, remove, and rearrange anything easily. Saying you don't like the interface is like looking at a blank canvas and saying you don't like the artwork. If something isn't where you think it should be, just put it there!

Thanks, I love the upgrade.

Also just added the Moving Pictures persona. I see a member here made one using the image in his sig. See if you can find it...

Hint:

http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/80446

Good hint, huh?

I haven't bothered yet; my computer's so old and slow I don't think it will make much of a difference.

Does it still try to sneak the Yahoo! toolbar over on you?

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 25 2011, 01:43 PM)
I tried using the beta version of it but didn't like it too much....However I have downloaded the newest version but have yet to try it....I like FF though.

I did the beta too and didn't care for it. I may try it again after the themes and extensions upgrade to 4.0. I must have my Noia Extreme theme.

Reminds me of Chrome. IE9 ripped off Chrome too.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Mar 25 2011, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 25 2011, 01:43 PM)
I tried using the beta version of it but didn't like it too much....However I have downloaded the newest version but have yet to try it....I like FF though.

I did the beta too and didn't care for it. I may try it again after the themes and extensions upgrade to 4.0. I must have my Noia Extreme theme.

It's Opera...just a different name.

Just upgraded to it. A bit of getting used to, but so far it seems great. This is the first time I'm branching out to discover add-ons and personas, etc. I'm using the Rush album covers persona.

I'm kinda digging the Pin As App Tab.

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 25 2011, 02:40 PM)
Just upgraded to it. A bit of getting used to, but so far it seems great. This is the first time I'm branching out to discover add-ons and personas, etc. I'm using the Rush album covers persona.

I'm kinda digging the Pin As App Tab.

U have a link to the one you're using?

I just created my own from a pic on 5150 Studio's page... going to send them an email before "publishing" it to make sure it's ok with them that I turned one of their images into a Persona