Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Snow-Dog2112

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last I heard from the Dooshe-Bag HOF was "Over my dead body..."

I wouldnt be surpised to see Lady Blah Blah in there before them

QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Mar 16 2011, 11:30 AM)
my friend at school heard that Rush was nominated

is this true?

I think it's the wrong time of year for nominations, isn't it? Doesn't seem like it's been a full year since the last batch, but I could be wrong.

Following the BTLS documentary and the increased exposure Rush had been getting, I was sure last year would be their year. On the contrary, last year it became completely obvious to me that they don't intend to ever induct Rush, much less even nominate them. The list of nominees last year was ridiculous. Laura Nyro? The name sounds familiar, but who the hell can even name one thing she's done? (Has her contribution to rock and roll been greater than Yes, Rush, Deep Purple, or Thin Lizzy?) And if you're on the committee which comes up with the names of potential nominees, how does your brain think of Laura Goddamn Nyro before it thinks of Rush? It couldn't possibly! Therefore, they've thought of Rush, and then intentionally passed them over.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 16 2011, 12:11 PM)
Rush will never be in. Fact. It's part of their legacy.

It's part of what makes rush badass.

and the HOF dooshes

However Alice Cooper was inducted into the RRHF by Rob Zombie, and that made me smile.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 16 2011, 10:08 AM)

is this true?

I think it's the wrong time of year for nominations, isn't it? Doesn't seem like it's been a full year since the last batch, but I could be wrong.

Following the BTLS documentary and the increased exposure Rush had been getting, I was sure last year would be their year. On the contrary, last year it became completely obvious to me that they don't intend to ever induct Rush, much less even nominate them. The list of nominees last year was ridiculous. Laura Nyro? The name sounds familiar, but who the hell can even name one thing she's done? (Has her contribution to rock and roll been greater than Yes, Rush, Deep Purple, or Thin Lizzy?) And if you're on the committee which comes up with the names of potential nominees, how does your brain think of Laura Goddamn Nyro before it thinks of Rush? It couldn't possibly! Therefore, they've thought of Rush, and then intentionally passed them over.

You don't know who Laura Nyro is???

She was actually very influential in... well, I mean she made a huge impact with music that...

...ok, I admit it, I don't know who the f*ck she is. no.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 16 2011, 02:09 PM)

is this true?

She was actually very influential in... well, I mean she made a huge impact with music that...

I should probably retract my dissing of Laura Nyro. After posting what I did, I learned she was a huge SONGWRITER more than anything else. She wrote "Wedding Bell Blues" (a hit for the 5th Dimension), "And When I Die" (a hit for Peter, Paul & Mary and Blood, Sweat & Tears), and "Eli's Comin'" (a hit for Three Dog Night).

From Wiki:

Nyro's influence on popular musicians has also been acknowledged by such artists as Joni Mitchell, Melissa Manchester, Rickie Lee Jones, Steely Dan, Todd Rundgren, and Elton John. Rundgren stated that, once he heard her, he "stopped writing songs like The Who and started writing songs like Laura." She died in 1997 of Ovarian Cancer at the age of 49, the same disease which claimed her mother at the same age.

So... I guess she WAS influential after all. oops.gif Still, who thinks of Laura Nyro before thinking of Rush?

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 16 2011, 02:48 PM)
2.gif gets nominated EVERY year.....they simply choose not accept the nomination or induction.

Where'd ya hear that one?

If they'd been nominated, or nominated and then inducted, but refused, we'd have heard about it by now. They've been passed over 11 times so far. (Eligible starting in 1999.)

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 16 2011, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 16 2011, 02:09 PM)

is this true?

I should probably retract my dissing of Laura Nyro. After posting what I did, I learned she was a huge SONGWRITER more than anything else. She wrote "Wedding Bell Blues" (a hit for the 5th Dimension), "And When I Die" (a hit for Peter, Paul & Mary and Blood, Sweat & Tears), and "Eli's Comin'" (a hit for Three Dog Night).

From Wiki:

Nyro's influence on popular musicians has also been acknowledged by such artists as Joni Mitchell, Melissa Manchester, Rickie Lee Jones, Steely Dan, Todd Rundgren, and Elton John. Rundgren stated that, once he heard her, he "stopped writing songs like The Who and started writing songs like Laura." She died in 1997 of Ovarian Cancer at the age of 49, the same disease which claimed her mother at the same age.

So... I guess she WAS influential after all. oops.gif Still, who thinks of Laura Nyro before thinking of Rush?

The same people who think anything written by Diane Warren is rhapsodic nirvana.

(I mean geez, the woman admits she's never even been laid, yet her work is acclaimed by some as the standard by which all love songs should be judged).

QUOTE (InvisibleAirwaves13 @ Mar 16 2011, 04:08 PM)
if they were nominated, and by some miracle voted in, I think they would graciously decline.

They are Rock-N-Roll like that....

1022.gif    2.gif    1022.gif

I believe they'll never be nominated. If they ever are, they would be professional about it and play the "long time coming" card and go into the HOF graciously. Then let the hype die off and go on with making music as usual and life as usual again.

Does the RRHOF suck? Of course. Rush is too old to handle that like immature brat rock stars. If they're nominated, they'll go in. I'm sure it would be nice to have some reward and recognition for decades of hard work and sacrifice. But they'll never be nominated, and I'm with most people who agree that is just fine with us.

There are some of the best bands to ever exist who are on the outside looking in on the HOF. I dont lose any sleep over who gets in and who is in.

I think that since the ceremony is returning to Cleveland next year, it might just happen that Rush will not only be nominated later this year, but eventually inducted next year. What better way for them than to get inducted in the city that broke them in the States!

I have a good feeling that may happen.

Or something else...

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 16 2011, 06:47 PM)

is this true?

Are you sure your friend didn't mean big time rush?

laugh.gif They actually have a better chance of getting in than Rush.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 16 2011, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Mar 16 2011, 06:47 PM)

is this true?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 16 2011, 05:03 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 16 2011, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Mar 16 2011, 06:47 PM)

is this true?

laugh.gif

Oh. Snap.

You know I'd die if that happened. D;

Rush'll be in eventually. I'm sure of it. RRHoF is just taking a long time... |:

But those three amazing guys don't need their name on a plaque to take their place in history.

(It would be a nice gesture, though..!)

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 16 2011, 01:11 PM)
Rush will never be in. Fact. It's part of their legacy.

It's part of what makes rush badass.

They will be sooner or later. Bet on it. atickhum.gif

Archived