Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Snow-Dog2112

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's purely a "Disgrace Under Pressure."

The "Cock & Blow" Hall Of Shame is built in Cleveland OH for goodness sake. The same city where Rush got their start and they don't have the class or brains to put the band in?

What a sham.

I won't spend a dime to go the that place until Rush does get in.

Guess I will never visit Cleveland.

confused13.gif

2.gif should never be in nor accept an invitation to the Hall of "Fame" As far as I'm concerned you can stuff your "Fame" crap in a pipe and smoke it.

However...

2.gif should be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of "Great Music"

Bare in mind that just because you are famous does not mean you are great.

I agree that they would be gentlemen and show up, but it is a badge of honor for them and the fans (hey, that's us) that they are not there. They should have been in long ago and the fact that they have been passed over is an insult. I hope they never get into that stupid little clique. It was a joke after about 4 or 5 years and each year it becomes more of an embarrassment. Ta 'ell wit 'em. smash.gif

QUOTE (Passage2 @ Mar 16 2011, 02:32 PM)
Bands who first decided to pick up musical instruments because of Rush will be inducted before Rush.

Jesus Christ! Please don't tell me that Dream Theater will get in before RUSH!

Signed,

"Suicide Solution"

I'd like to see a newer band get nominated, maybe someone influenced by Rush. then REFUSE the award because they don't feel right about accepting until Rush gets recognzed first.

that's the kind of slap in the face RRHOF needs! it's SO overdue!!

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Mar 16 2011, 10:01 PM)
I'd like to see a newer band get nominated, maybe someone influenced by Rush. then REFUSE the award because they don't feel right about accepting until Rush gets recognzed first.

I think UFO should get into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame!

Signed,

"ROCK BOTTOM"

(Nice Avatar) 1022.gif

I'm still in shock over Genesis' induction last year. ohmy.gif

The guy who runs the HOF is an avowed hater of Prog rock. The only Prog band that has ever been nominated/inducted is Pink Floyd. And that was probably because of The Wall.

I think Bastille Dave has it right. IF Rush are ever nominated, they would graciously accept and then move on. They have been honored by the people who really matter and they know *we* think they are the best. I really think that's enough for them.

2.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Mar 16 2011, 10:39 PM)
I'm still in shock over Genesis' induction last year. ohmy.gif

The guy who runs the HOF is an avowed hater of Prog rock. The only Prog band that has ever been nominated/inducted is Pink Floyd. And that was probably because of The Wall.

I think Bastille Dave has it right. IF Rush are ever nominated, they would graciously accept and then move on. They have been honored by the people who really matter and they know *we* think they are the best. I really think that's enough for them.

2.gif wub.gif

When will Yes, Crimson or Camel get it?

Until the "Snow Goose" freezes over?

These empty suits in "Heaveland" must be suffering from a very bad case of "Moonmadness."

1022.gif

"Never Let Go"

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Mar 17 2011, 12:01 AM)

When Metallica was inducted (who I believe would fall under 'influenced by Rush') Lars Ulrich read out a list of bands that have yet to be inducted that should be. I don't remember all of them, but Rush, Deep Purple, and Iron Maiden were on there for sure.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 16 2011, 11:03 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Mar 16 2011, 10:01 PM)

I think UFO should get into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame!

Signed,

"ROCK BOTTOM"

(Nice Avatar) 1022.gif

trink39.gif

damn right they should be in!!

mostly because they're a band that greatly influenced other great bands!

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 16 2011, 06:53 PM)
i don't care one way or the other.

I also do not give a damn cool.gif 2.gif is still the best band in the world wub.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 16 2011, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 16 2011, 02:48 PM)
2.gif gets nominated EVERY year.....they simply choose not accept the nomination or induction.

Where'd ya hear that one?

If they'd been nominated, or nominated and then inducted, but refused, we'd have heard about it by now. They've been passed over 11 times so far. (Eligible starting in 1999.)

Everyone knows it's true right GR wink.gif ...I mean why would I write it if it wasn't true right GR wink.gif It's a common fact well known only by true 2.gif fans...get it GR wink.gif smile.gif

I have a bigger problem with Madonna being in there than ABBA

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 17 2011, 09:46 AM)
Who wants to make a bet they will be nominated in 2012?

I would've taken that bet for this past year... and lost.

I was sure it would happen. I was wrong.

Archived