American Idol- anyone?

Running Rebel

There's a long way to go but I am liking Lauren Alaina so far. Glad to hear they are all going on tour, it's newer friendlier American Idol and I think a good call. It would have been pretty mean to tell someone they were in and going on tour only to take it back the following week.

I have an unsubstantiated theory about whoever sings first (or goes early) is at a dissadvantage in the voting and I mentioned it when the show opened that night that I hoped Casey wasn't getting the curse. My wife thought I was nuts until it happened.

There is also the young girl vote as I think they tend to vote the most which is why someone like Stefano made it and Abrams didn't. I do think that now that alot of older people have cells and know how to use them it might even it up, but then again, I've never voted so who knows.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have this hunch about Scotty. He's smart enough to know to stay in his lane, knows exactly what kind of artist he is, has a phenomenal voice for his chosen genre, and as he showed last week he can sing a song from another genre and not completely embarrass himself. If he doesn't win, he'll make the final two. That's my prediction.

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Mar 30 2011, 03:48 AM)
I just have this hunch about Scotty. He's smart enough to know to stay in his lane, knows exactly what kind of artist he is, has a phenomenal voice for his chosen genre, and as he showed last week he can sing a song from another genre and not completely embarrass himself. If he doesn't win, he'll make the final two. That's my prediction.

I don't eve like Country music but i like Scotty. i think you're right, he'll do well.

Gotta disagree with all you peeps about Haley.

Steven Tyler said what needed to be said - she sings sexy! I love Jazz, I like her voice and she looks good. That said, I have to suspect that the people who actually vote in this thing are not going to be voting for sexy. If she does Black Velvet, though I may actually drop a dime.

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Mar 31 2011, 11:32 PM)
America got this all sorts of wrong. How is Stefano still in this?

millions of girlie girls with cell phones

Anyway America? You got it right tonight. Steffa NO? A matter of time

Naima and See ya Meghia buh bye

I will miss Naima. I don't think she was ever going to win this, but she's (imo) a better singer, and more naturally talented than some of the people who not only remained in the competition, but weren't even in the bottom 3.

I'm not sure it even matters as long as you're in the top 10. Many of the 'losers' have had better careers than the winners. Let's hope somebody out there gives Naima the right kind of opportunity.

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 1 2011, 08:31 AM)

I'm not sure it even matters as long as you're in the top 10. Many of the 'losers' have had better careers than the winners. Let's hope somebody out there gives Naima the right kind of opportunity.

Kris Allen. Do we really need to hear "We gotta leeeive like weeeer diane"?

rofl3.gif Not even Diane (my wife) needs to hear it anymore

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 1 2011, 07:31 AM)
I will miss Naima.  I don't think she was ever going to win this, but she's (imo) a better singer, and more naturally talented than some of the people who not only remained in the competition, but weren't even in the bottom 3.

I'm not sure it even matters as long as you're in the top 10.  Many of the 'losers' have had better careers than the winners.  Let's hope somebody out there gives Naima the right kind of opportunity.

I think that there are quite a few from this years top ten that have a chance at having good singing careers. I think that Pia and that kid who sings country will go the farthest as far as careers go. I think Pia will win it all if she can just loosen up and do at least one song that she shakes her booty a bit in. Also, I really liked Naima. If she brought out an album that wasn't some kind of dance crap, I'd definitely like to give it a listen to.

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (Alph Seeker @ Mar 31 2011, 05:50 PM)
Gotta disagree with all you peeps about Haley.

Steven Tyler said what needed to be said - she sings sexy! I love Jazz, I like her voice and she looks good. That said, I have to suspect that the people who actually vote in this thing are not going to be voting for sexy. If she does Black Velvet, though I may actually drop a dime.

Sexy? really? how so? I dont see it. (yes I'm female, but I know sexy when I see it) To me, she seemed medicated--goofy smile, simply no emotion...i dont get it.

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Apr 1 2011, 12:13 AM)
QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Mar 31 2011, 11:32 PM)
America got this all sorts of wrong. How is Stefano still in this?

millions of girlie girls with cell phones

Anyway America? You got it right tonight. Steffa NO? A matter of time

Naima and See ya Meghia buh bye

^^this

America got it pretty much right otherwise. Neither of these two need have stayed.

Pags is right, doesnt really matter now. They are going on tour, and they will all have some sort of career out of this.