OPENING NIGHT NOT SELLING WELL?

pony2112

Portland's selling really, really well. The lower level is completely full (when searching for 2 tix) and the 2nd level has only seats clear on the outer edges available. Way to represent Oregon and S.W. Washington!!

QUOTE (pony2112 @ Feb 19 2011, 12:34 PM)
Whats up Florida? I have been checking ever so often, and you can still get good seats in the lower level.

Maybe they're charging too damn much and people already saw them last year. Maybe they could change up the setlist??? doh.gif

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Feb 19 2011, 10:17 PM)
Whats up Florida? I have been checking ever so often, and you can still get good seats in the lower level.

Maybe they're charging too damn much and people already saw them last year. Maybe they could change up the setlist??? doh.gif

That's why I'm not going....That and it's on a Wednesday night which isn't all that convenient.

Now I have checked for the cheap seats, just for sh1ts and and giggles but I'm always told they are unavailable. I know they're trying to sell the top dollar tickets first.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 19 2011, 05:36 PM)
Portland's selling really, really well. The lower level is completely full (when searching for 2 tix) and the 2nd level has only seats clear on the outer edges available. Way to represent Oregon and S.W. Washington!!

Dammit! I haven't been able to buy my tickets yet! sad.gif Oh well, I have excellent tickets for the other shows I am seeing.

EXACTLY. Theyll be plenty of decent seats for the majority of shows this leg.

I live in Florida and in my honest opinion, it would have benefited the band and residents better if they performed in central Florida (Orlando) rather then as far south as they are. The states long and many people I know who have seen them in the past are holding out and hoping for dates in Orlando or Jacksonville.

QUOTE (vols1118 @ Feb 20 2011, 01:48 PM)
I live in Florida and in my honest opinion, it would have benefited the band and residents better if they performed in central Florida (Orlando) rather then as far south as they are. The states long and many people I know who have seen them in the past are holding out and hoping for dates in Orlando or Jacksonville.

Not happening. I wish it would as I would go through the state and catch every show in Florida as I always do.

Anyway the week of the show tickets will start flying. But I anticipate the entire upper level to be black curtained like Snakes and Arrows 2008.

Which is fine by me. In fact the 2008 show down here was sonically amazing, and I usually do not like the sonics in hockey arenas but it sounded flawless.

Yeah come to Orlando!!!!!

Just because the lower level isn't sold out yet doesn't mean the tickets sales are bad. It just means more people might be going with the cheaper seats. I wouldn't worry about it though. The show should still have a respectable turnout.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Feb 20 2011, 01:11 PM)

EXACTLY. Theyll be plenty of decent seats for the majority of shows this leg.

They are playing the Erwin Center in Austin and only have nosebleed seats left, and the show isn't until June 12th.

I wouldn't worry to much about it! The tickets will fly when the concert gets closer and the major rock radio station start dragging out the staples! Last time around The Snake and Arrows tour 2nd leg was the same and it sold out! The sound was incredible as was the concert!

However they did change the set around!

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Feb 20 2011, 05:51 AM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 19 2011, 05:36 PM)

Dammit! I haven't been able to buy my tickets yet! sad.gif Oh well, I have excellent tickets for the other shows I am seeing.

Just looked again today Rushchick10. A bit better than the last time I looked......middle of the outermost upper reserved section rather than clear to the side of the outermost upper reserved section. Still well to the edge though. It appears that they are moving up the rows before going from inside out so I think that if you get one clear to the very edge and wait a day or two you'll get moved in just a bit. I also re-searched and tried specifying "center seating" under "additional" and there was nothing. Sorry you'll be toward one of the edges. Guess we're just kicking ass here!! tongue.gif Also, might want to act fairly soon if you don't want to be on the lawn.

Fellow Orlando area resident agrees 100%. For crying out loud they just finished the tour 5 months ago in south florida. They should have done Jacksonville.

QUOTE (briremo @ Feb 21 2011, 08:26 PM)
I live in Florida and in my honest opinion, it would have benefited the band and residents better if they performed in central Florida (Orlando) rather then as far south as they are.  The states long and many people I know who have seen them in the past are holding out and hoping for dates in Orlando or Jacksonville.

Fellow Orlando area resident agrees 100%. For crying out loud they just finished the tour 5 months ago in south florida. They should have done Jacksonville.

I'm from Brevard county but go to college in Jacksonville now so I will take either there or Orlando! I was hoping that with the new arena in Orlando, Rush might schedule a concert there. The place looks amazing from the outside in my opinion!

QUOTE (briremo @ Feb 21 2011, 08:26 PM)
I live in Florida and in my honest opinion, it would have benefited the band and residents better if they performed in central Florida (Orlando) rather then as far south as they are.  The states long and many people I know who have seen them in the past are holding out and hoping for dates in Orlando or Jacksonville.

maybe there's more money to be found down there?

did you just double dip that chip?

QUOTE (pony2112 @ Feb 19 2011, 01:34 PM)

People in Florida suck? confused13.gif

They think they have more important things to do like smuggle drugs, eat early bird specials, golf, or sit on beaches. Yeah, they think there all that and a bag of chips. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 24 2011, 02:15 PM)

They think they have more important things to do like smuggle drugs, eat early bird specials, golf, or sit on beaches. Yeah, they think there all that and a bag of chips. atickhum.gif

they do have one thing i'm jealous of down there. nice weather. tongue.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 24 2011, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Feb 24 2011, 02:15 PM)

they do have one thing i'm jealous of down there. nice weather. tongue.gif

I laugh at you all. I live 4 miles from the beach and 20 minutes from the venue!

tongue.gif