Rush items

Rushchick10

So, quick question: Would anyone be interested in a website dedicated to Rush memorabilia? Been tossing this idea around for a while, but don't want to put forth the effort if no one would be interested. It would be basically a site where people could post wanted/sale/trade items. I have seen something like this before, but it seemed to be dedicated to vinyl. This would have a broader scope. I know you can hunt stuff on Ebay (and, I do and have found some great items!), but you have to admit that you gotta sort through a lot of crap to find the gems.

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Feb 14 2011, 10:18 AM)
i would be interested. i have alot of "stuff" i would like to sell/trade.

I'm always in the market for Rush stuff, being an avid collector. Hit me up sometime!

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Feb 14 2011, 11:11 AM)
will do..i have everything from signed tourbooks and posters to guitar picks, sticks, gold albums, PR photos, tour riders, hell you name it.

Nice...yes, definitely check with me if you are looking to get rid of stuff! yes.gif yes.gif

I'd be interested.

Here's a link to some stuff I'm parting with:

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/fb.ashx?m=2620767

The Rush stuff is near the bottom...

I've been meaning to go through some of my Rush 45s so I'm sure I'd make some of those available at some point too and maybe some promo 12 inches.

I'd also be interested in trades depending on what it might be.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Feb 14 2011, 09:23 AM)
So, quick question: Would anyone be interested in a website dedicated to Rush memorabilia? Been tossing this idea around for a while, but don't want to put forth the effort if no one would be interested. It would be basically a site where people could post wanted/sale/trade items. I have seen something like this before, but it seemed to be dedicated to vinyl. This would have a broader scope. I know you can hunt stuff on Ebay (and, I do and have found some great items!), but you have to admit that you gotta sort through a lot of crap to find the gems.

I'd definitely be interested

even something simple like a Discogs/Craigslist format would do the trick

what about asking the TRF powers-that-be if they'd be interested in having it be part of the forum?

that'd be a hell of a lot of specifically interested eyes/traffic, and an opportunity to sell some advertising/merch themselves

win win!

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Feb 15 2011, 10:43 AM)
what about asking the TRF powers-that-be if they'd be interested in having it be part of the forum?

that'd be a hell of a lot of specifically interested eyes/traffic, and an opportunity to sell some advertising/merch themselves

win win!

Good thinking...

Well??? cool.gif

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Feb 16 2011, 01:38 PM)
Check out the thread "My Rush autographs on Ebay" and you will see how people feel about doing business on this site. It should be a separate site altogether.

Yes, please read that thread and see if anyone anywhere says people should not be allowed to sell Rush items.

Way to completely misread a thread and then complain about it in another one.

Sorry RushChick10. Don't mean to clutter your thread. Just don't want you to be misled by Syrinx.

It's a messageboard... There's no room for sensitivity.

No one in this thread has mentioned the expense of any items. I would guess nor will they. Collectors collect. Those who have posted before you seem to grasp the concept that rare items might cost. I honestly don't care, and would love to see a thread with cool and rare stuff on it for swap or sale.

It seems you are more hurt about it than anyone else, dude.

I'm out of this thread, so as to not interfere with its original course.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Feb 16 2011, 03:02 PM)

You took my quote out of context. I specified THOSE autographs were overpriced. I support a site dedicated to Rush memerobilia and I would understand the high prices for items that are extremely rare, but sendind an item to a venue will get it back signed by the three band members provided they get them during this tour.

That's what I've been trying to tell Syrinx and Rummut all along. Those comments (not complaints) were just about that auction in particular.

And for some reason, those 2 are very sensitive about people commenting on the auction.

BTW - no one says anything against having a Rush memorabilia section, for trade and/or sale. I have no idea where they're reading that.

I for one think that's a great idea for everybody.

Edited by rusher

Greetings Net Boys and Net Girls,

There is a section on an Alice Cooper forum site called, "The Trading Post".

It is a place for fans to share not only photos of their collections but also, as the term says, to trade with other fans.

From what I can gather, it is strickly limited to trade of memorabilia for memorabilia.

It all seems to work out well in a very civil manner.

I have tons of Rush related memorabilia that I've collected from 1977 to the present, and am missing just a few pieces that I have been looking for over the years.

Great idea and post Rushchick10, many thanks.

~Peace, Love, Rush Stuff

RGLT

Edited by ReGorLaTroy

Rusher - where have I misread a thread?? if you have been on this forum for a few years you would have seen that any attempt to do business or to draw attention to auctions is frowned upon by a lot of people, regardless of price asked. It somehow sullies this board. And there is a real resentment among many when someone asks a high price for something they own. Like that should really bother you. All I am saying is I would prefer a seperate site, where there would be no backlash and the sole interest would be to buy, sell or trade.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Feb 17 2011, 02:08 PM)
Rusher - where have I misread a thread?? if you have been on this forum for a few years you would have seen that any attempt to do business or to draw attention to auctions is frowned upon by a lot of people, regardless of price asked. It somehow sullies this board. And there is a real resentment among many when someone asks a high price for something they own. Like that should really bother you. All I am saying is I would prefer a seperate site, where there would be no backlash and the sole interest would be to buy, sell or trade.

Yes, you're right. Once I have been on these boards as long as you have I will have gained the profound wisdom of how message boards work. It's a lofty goal, but I will try.

And really, you talk in circles.

You say in the other thread "why does anyone get uptight when they see someone selling something for a high price? It is a free world."

That really doesn't jive with your post here, does it?

And I agree with your last sentence. Never once did I or anyone else in the other thread even hint that such a board should not be created.

Why do you and Rummut keep inferring that one of us did?