Rush items

Rushchick10

I just received the 'All The World's A Stage' on vinyl that I purchased on Amazon! I'm very excited and am looking at the cover and reading the liner notes as it spins on my turntable cool.gif

Just thought I'd post this here as evidence that folks do actively seek out RUSH items and get excited about such...

I'd be interested to peruse a website that features memorabilia and RUSH-related items smile.gif

QUOTE (ytserush @ Feb 15 2011, 01:04 AM)
I'd be interested.

Here's a link to some stuff I'm parting with:
http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/fb.ashx?m=2620767

The Rush stuff is near the bottom...

I've been meaning to go through some of my Rush 45s so I'm sure I'd make some of those available at some point too and maybe some promo 12 inches.

I'd also be interested in trades depending on what it might be.

If the administrator decides that this is not appropriate, then please delete it.

At the risk of putting a bullseye on my back, here's the Rush/Dream Theater part of my list for those that don't want to click on the link above.

Your mileage may vary, but I consider these prices to be reasonable, maybe more than reasonable, but part of that is the hope that they go to a worthy home and that they are enjoyed. In many cases, I've either upgraded or decided to thin out the collection a little.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

FREE SHIPPING in the USA. Some of these are new to the list and some are less than they were.

(All originals No CDRs MP3s etc..) I'll be happy to answer any questions on anything below. References and photos available on request.

Still with me?

Here's the fun stuff:

OSI (Kevin Moore, Jim Matheos) -- Blood (promo in card sleeve also says promo on disc) $7

Dream Theater -- Once In A Livetime Advance 2CD promo (no art, back insert, short bio) $25

Rush -- The Spirit Of Radio (Audio tracks from the Exit...Stage Left and Grace Under Pressure videos 12 tracks Silver on the Viva label ) TRADE ONLY (Not a CDR/MP3)

Rush Vapor Trails Lithograph Numbered Limited Edition (Only 10,000 made, came with the Vapor Trails CD at selected locations) $12 (free shipping in US)

Rush In Rio (6 track limited edition promotional only sampler STILL SEALED in digipak. Nice collectors package) $20

Burning For Buddy I -- A Tribute To Buddy Rich (Produced by Neil Peart, Gold Stamped Promo) $10

Burning For Buddy II -- A Tribute To Buddy Rich (Produced by Neil Peart Gold Stamped Promo) $10

Rush -- The Story of Kings (This is the CD version of the vinyl Baktabak picture disc with Alex talking about Hold Your Fire and other topics just before Hold Your Fire came out in 1987. There is no music on the CD. It's a an unofficial period interview.) $9

Rush --The Interviews Volume 2 (Geddy talks about Counterparts album and other topics. No music, unofficial interview,)$9

Rush -- Ghost of a Chance -- rare US promo only Edit and album version color picture CD (wishbones) No front art. light scratches that don't affect play $11

Rush -- The Spirit Of Radio/2112 promo single from Different Stages Live (at 26:27 it's the longest Rush promo single to date) $15

Rush -- Nobody's Hero (Rarer Master edit version with different artwork from standard promo single) $35

Rush -- Vapor Trails (Advance -- "For Internal Use Only" copy. Atlantic logo and "For Internal Use Only" in red on CD-R disc) $50

Rush -- One Little Victory (promo with front art insert) $12

Geddy Lee -- Grace To Grace (rare promo single) $10

Rush -- The Big Money Gold CD/Video (NTSC) (Rare 3-track audio single, The Big Money, Red Sector A (Live), and Marathon and The Big Money Video Edit; some scratches that don't affect audio tracks. Haven't tested the video) $20

Boys Brigade - Melody (produced by Geddy Lee in 1983) promo 7" with Picture Sleeve (Picture Sleeve Good/7" VG) $2

Rush -- The Spirit Of Radio/The Trees/Working Man Rare US Promo 12 inch VG/VG has "Property of James Grabowska" stamped on cover. Side two has some light scuffing) --$10

Rush -- A Passage To Bangkok/Freewill Rare US promo 12 inch with unique cover VG/VG $10

Rush -- The Temples Of Syrinx/Making Memories (US Stock Copy Ex-/Ex-) $30

Rush -- Hemispheres (Rare Red Vinyl LP) $20

Rush -- The Body Electric (UK 45 with very cool picture sleeve) $10

Rush -- Closer To The Heart (live)/Freewill (live)(Canadian Anthem Stock Copy 45 Ex/Ex) $10

Rush -- The Spirit Of Radio/Circumstances (Canadian Anthem Stock Copy 45 VG/Ex) $8

Rush -- Time Stand Still/High Water (US 45 EX+) $8

Rush - Marathon (First ever Canadian Anthem promo CD single pressed -- I've heard there were only 200 made.) This particular copy has a bend in the bottom right corner. I can scan my copy and email it to you if you'd like. $80 even is probably a fair price given the bent corner

Here's a link I found on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RUSH-MARATHON-LIVE-IMP...=item5639dac90d

http://cgi.ebay.com/RUSH-MARATHON-LIVE-IMP...=item5639dac90d

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rush-1st-Canadian-Prom...=item41536080cb

Rush - Where's My Thing? (The rarest US promo ever. I've heard there were either 250 or 300 of these made. For some reason, when Roll The Bones came out some stations got this as the advance track instead of Dreamline and after Dreamline took hold, Where's My Thing? was never heard on commercial radio again. I can scan in my copy, which is probably near mint, and email it if need be. $70

Rush -- Show Don't Tell ( Rare Canadian ANTHEM promo PRO3) $50

Rush -- The Pass (Rare Canadian ANTHEM promo PRO6 Scratch on playing surface that does not affect play some scuffs not on playing surface) $15

To see what these promo cds look like, go here: www.geocities.com/wogsrushpage/Wog2.html For some reason there is no direct link. When you click the link you have to click on singles and promos for Marathon and Where's My Thing?

RUSH PROGRAMS:

Rush - Signals Tour Program EX- $19

Rush - Grace Under Pressure EX- $25

Rush -- Hold Your Fire Program Excellent Condition $20

Rush comic (mostly accurate 32-page historical account of Rush from the beginning through Roll the Bones in 1991) $10

Rush -- The Spirit Of Rush fanzine (Issue features Neil's Drums Etc. cover story interview, exclusive interview with Geddy's Test For Echo tour bass tech Russ Ryan, Tour Diary of Dream Theater's second European leg of the Falling To Infinity Tour, a Circus Magazine interview with Geddy from 1977 and more) $12

Rush 2007 Calendar (still sealed) $4

Album Flats:

Dream Theater -- Awake $10

Rush -- Counterparts $10

Rush -- Test For Echo $10

Rush -- Vapor Trails $10

All four for $35 (or trade of course)

Posters:

Dream Theater -- Scenes From a Memory Movie Poster $20

Rush --Test for Echo (18" by 24" live shots of band) $7

Rush -- Vapor Trails (18" by 24" live shots of band) $7

Rush -- ReplayX3 (Art from the cover of the Rush ReplayX3 DVD Box) $6

Rush -- Exit...Stage Left Poster (Reissued art for the Exit...Stage Left DVD) $11

Rush -- Grace Under Pressure Poster (Reissued art for the Grace Under Presure DVD) $11

Rush -- A Show Of Hands Poster (Reissued art for the A Show Of Hands DVD) $11

Photos of the above four can be found here: http://cgi.ebay.com/RUSH-REPLAY-X-3-SET-CA...=item5196cb6547

Rush -- Roll The Bones Promo Poster (24x24 album art) $16

I also have US and Canadian copies of most of the first 16 official Rush albums on VINYL through A Show of Hands in 1989. If you're looking for a specific VINYL album or are looking for a quick way to get everything through a Show of Hands, let me know and we'll work out a deal.

They would be:

Rush

Fly By Night

Caress Of Steel

All The World's A Stage

A Farewell To Kings

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Exit...Stage Left

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

Hold Your Fire

A Show Of Hands

Also have a Netherlands vinyl pressing of the Grace Under Pressure album (split seam on bottom and light surface scratches on the vinyl ) $4 or a trade of course.

FREE Shipping in USA.

I'll be happy to answer more detailed questions about any of the above.

Email: ytserush at sprintmail dot com

And if you got this far, thanks for reading!

QUOTE (rusher @ Feb 17 2011, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (Syrinx @ Feb 17 2011, 02:08 PM)
Rusher - where have I misread a thread??  if you have been on this forum for a few years you would have seen that any attempt to do business or to draw attention to auctions is frowned upon by a lot of people, regardless of price asked.  It somehow sullies this board.  And there is a real resentment among many when someone asks a high price for something they own.  Like that should really bother you.  All I am saying is I would prefer a seperate site, where there would be no backlash and the sole interest would be to buy, sell or trade.

Yes, you're right. Once I have been on these boards as long as you have I will have gained the profound wisdom of how message boards work. It's a lofty goal, but I will try.

And really, you talk in circles.

You say in the other thread "why does anyone get uptight when they see someone selling something for a high price? It is a free world."

That really doesn't jive with your post here, does it?

And I agree with your last sentence. Never once did I or anyone else in the other thread even hint that such a board should not be created.

Why do you and Rummut keep inferring that one of us did?

Last post because we are not in sync here. You are obviously very sensitive. In no way did I infer that I had some great wisdom for being a member longer than you. The mere thought that years on a Rush Forum would somehow give one wisdom is laughable anyway. I merely stated that I have seen people get upset over attempts at commerce numerous times. Believe it or not.

And I have no idea how you seem to think I am inferring that you and others don't want a seperate board for trading / selling. I could care less what you think. All I am saying is that I would prefer it to avoid getting people upset here. My opinion. My preference. Nothing at all to do with anyone else.

what i want is a man and star shirt without the word "RUSH" on it. guess i need to steal a pdf or something and get it made.... can't find it on google...

also, want Geddy's G-string Raw shirt from R30 and Neal's Snakes and Arrows concert shirt... again... just the symbol.... nothing flashy.

make it so!

trink38.gif

QUOTE (ytserush @ Mar 19 2011, 09:32 PM)
Did all the bad vibes kill this thread?

I would still be interested in this idea.

I'm always interested in seeing what's out there.

Thanks for the bump! I still think that this is a great idea new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Since everyone has joined hands to sing "We are the World" and suddenly decided they have no problems with people selling Rush stuff lets have another go at this!

I have my FTK group signed program on Ebay starting at $219 and my S&A group signed tour program starting at $199 if anyones interested in those.

A separate site or forum or thread seems kind of unnecessary since you can just put stuff on Ebay, post about it on here, and everyone gets some sort of protection and knows about the item if they're interested. Purchasing on here gives the buyer no recourse if they dont get the item, and the seller none if the person claims they never got what they paid for. Also I doubt the moderators of this forum would want to moderate disputes-nor should they have to.

QUOTE (ytserush @ Mar 29 2011, 08:45 PM)
I'm also looking for BU2B on a 7 inch single.

If anyone has one, I'll make it worth your while.

I'd probably flip my Temples Of Syrinx 45 for it (or something else).

I seem to recall getting an email saying that BU2B/Caravan will be released on 7'' for Record Store day (April 16th).

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Apr 4 2011, 04:17 PM)
If anyone has that complete tourbooks collection that came out a few years ago, talk to me about it. I don't have much in the way of rare stuff, but I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for a copy.

i have one..the signed copy..PM me if interested.

QUOTE (jebren72 @ Apr 4 2011, 06:20 PM)

A separate site or forum or thread seems kind of unnecessary since you can just put stuff on Ebay, post about it on here, and everyone gets some sort of protection and knows about the item if they're interested. Purchasing on here gives the buyer no recourse if they dont get the item, and the seller none if the person claims they never got what they paid for. Also I doubt the moderators of this forum would want to moderate disputes-nor should they have to.

I agree that the moderators shouldn't need to get involved (unless they are interested too)

I generally don't use Ebay myself because most of the time the prices tend to be inflated and not very reasonable. Perhaps that's the cost of having "protection."

I've bought/sold/traded with some people on this forum and a few other forums without incident for years.

Of course, this doesn't mean that everyone here shares the same spirit of community that others may.

My diatribe doesn't really have much to do with signed items anyway.

I've only ever traded for one signed item myself. Too much of a minefield for me to get involved in selling/trading signed stuff although I collect signed stuff if it interests me.

I also think this thread should not be just buying/selling/trading etc... but also about discussing.

QUOTE (ytserush @ Apr 25 2011, 10:33 PM)
Was anyone lucky enough to get the Rush 45 on Independent Record Store day?

I'm buying it from a friend who was cool.gif Now I have to decide whether to play it (on my boyfriend's turntable) or keep it sealed.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 26 2011, 10:03 PM)

I'm buying it from a friend who was cool.gif Now I have to decide whether to play it (on my boyfriend's turntable) or keep it sealed.

I got one too from ebay. I really want to play it, yet at the same time I want to keep it sealed.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 26 2011, 07:03 PM)

And you should have it tomorrow! cool.gif

QUOTE (ytserush @ May 13 2011, 07:47 PM)

Anyone pick up that Rush and Philosophy book yet?

Yep. Finished it last night. I enjoyed it; I'm an armchair philosopher. I learned a few things about the music -- which I didn't expect to read about (thought it would be all lyrics) -- and it struck me that these guys are geniuses.

I recommend it cool.gif