No Changes To set-list

cajun boy

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Feb 3 2011, 11:11 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 3 2011, 10:36 AM)
another thing i don't get is they know alot of the people that saw the first leg will be attending the second leg also.

Maybe it was because people thought it was a great show and they WANT to see it again. Maybe Rush has managed to brainwash people using Neil's drum solos. Maybe the fabric of reality is beginning to shear away as people start enjoying the same thing more than once!

z7shysterical.gif Seriously dude, get a grip, just because you and a few others didn't like the setlist doesn't mean for account for a majority.

i'm sure there are more than a few and not just on this forum that have grown tired of the same ole and the usual. i also think there are plenty of fans gong back to pre 80's show that are ok with it but i get bored easily especially seeing them more than a handful of times. it is what is. eh.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 3 2011, 04:29 PM)
another thing i don't get is they know alot of the people that saw the first leg will be attending the second leg also.

Maybe it was because people thought it was a great show and they WANT to see it again. Maybe Rush has managed to brainwash people using Neil's drum solos. Maybe the fabric of reality is beginning to shear away as people start enjoying the same thing more than once!

z7shysterical.gif Seriously dude, get a grip, just because you and a few others didn't like the setlist doesn't mean for account for a majority.

i'm sure there are more than a few and not just on this forum that have grown tired of the same ole and the usual. i also think there are plenty of fans gong back to pre 80's show that are ok with it but i get bored easily especially seeing them more than a handful of times. it is what is. eh.gif

Then. Don't. Go.

Simple as that.

You know what? I saw the show 4 times and will see it again 4 times more, gods willing. Seeing Alex do Working Man at the end of each show makes it ALL worth it (and my true love is Geddy but you just gotta love that Alex).

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 4 2011, 01:03 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 3 2011, 04:29 PM)

Then. Don't. Go.

Simple as that.

i actually didn't want to go but a family member is coming in from out of town and didn't want to go alone so they bought me a ticket still knowing i wasn't crazy about the show.

QUOTE (cajun boy @ Feb 2 2011, 01:58 PM)

Oh, man... I wanted them to switch out Stick It Out for Tai Shan!

that would be awesome actually, i LOVE that song.

Edited by ericplayzbass

I had actually had a bit too much trink38.gif before the show last year. I wasn't falling down drunk or anything, but this time it will be inside and I'm getting laser surgery on my eyes today (!God, please don't let them blind me!). I think it will be a whole new experience set list change or not.

I was falling down laughing at the thought of Rush doing a fan request show and thinking about what a royal mess that would be.

Relax Rush fans. Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you. th1245.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Feb 4 2011, 11:08 AM)
I had actually had a bit too much trink38.gif before the show last year. I wasn't falling down drunk or anything, but this time it will be inside and I'm getting laser surgery on my eyes today (!God, please don't let them blind me!). I think it will be a whole new experience set list change or not.

I was falling down laughing at the thought of Rush doing a fan request show and thinking about what a royal mess that would be.

Relax Rush fans. Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you. th1245.gif

cool10.gif

another thing i don't get is they know alot of the people that saw the first leg will be attending the second leg also. knowing that, why not change at least a few songs for the many that are forking out money to see them again?

Agree with you completely, just dont get it. At least I'll get to save money by not going to this leg.

In response to another assertion about fan reaction to the setlist: there are far more than a few fans that thought it was below-par.

QUOTE (Rick4001 @ Feb 3 2011, 12:15 PM)
cajun boy, this should have been considered a spoiler. I was planning to be surprised, thanks a lot. angry.gif

yeah what a bummer. would be a real treat to go to the show, not know what to expect, and then realize it's the same exact set list as last year.

i'm really pissed too.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Feb 4 2011, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Feb 4 2011, 12:36 PM)
In response to another assertion about fan reaction to the setlist: there are far more than a few fans that thought it was below-par.

There always is, for any tour.

agreed

well there goes my road trip! i know rush don't like to change things up because of the work they already put into the show but this is just not in their best interests -nor mine! i know so many will be disappointed

cancel yes.gif

Not suprised at all.

And not upset. A little dissapointment? yeah of course. I always want more.

But it is a steller show. And one more chance to see the great MP played in order which was just overwhelming for me at the Tampa show (I was well medicated too lol).

We will get a fresh, amazing new setlist in 2012. Let's be happy they extended this tour which has been a huge success for the band we love.

QUOTE (pratt53 @ Feb 4 2011, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (Rick4001 @ Feb 3 2011, 12:15 PM)
cajun boy, this should have been considered a spoiler. I was planning to be surprised, thanks a lot. angry.gif

yeah what a bummer. would be a real treat to go to the show, not know what to expect, and then realize it's the same exact set list as last year.

i'm really pissed too.

This forum contains TOUR SPOILERS! If you're trying to avoid setlists and other show details, enter at your own risk.

Don't be pissed at me. And NEVER , EVER stick a knife in an electrical socket !!!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (cajun boy @ Feb 4 2011, 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Feb 4 2011, 02:25 PM)
If they were to change LTTA to Cinderella Man or AFTK, the set list would be amazing.

LTTA, if i am correct, was up for a Grammy for BEST ROCK INSTRAMENTAL a couple years ago...are you NUTS !!!

rofl3.gif doh.gif beathorse.gif

LTTA was one of the standouts for me last year. In Vegas, Geddy played the bass solo/jam at the end like a man posessed! GeddyFinal.gif

And despite the naysayers, Faithless sounded HUGE live and was another standout for me.

Stick It Out About was probably the only song I was hoping they would swap. Other than this, no complaints. trink39.gif

QUOTE (cajun boy @ Feb 4 2011, 04:29 PM)
This forum contains TOUR SPOILERS! If you're trying to avoid setlists and other show details, enter at your own risk.

True, but 1001's "PINNED: SPOILERS - How to post them" also mentions thread titles.

Folks can see your thread title from the TRF main page.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 21 2010, 08:12 PM)
But the most important thing is thread titles. Even if someone chooses to stay out of this forum, topic titles can be seen from the main page, so having "They played (whatever song)!" as a title is a bad idea. No song titles in topic titles! And that goes for other show details like video clips, what household appliances Geddy is using, etc. No show details in topic titles.
Edited by PariahDog

QUOTE (pmarr @ Feb 3 2011, 04:04 AM)
I have not sen them since the 30th anniversary Tour so I don't give a damn what they play! Bring on Kid Gloves, Rivendell, Dog Years ,Thai Shan and whatever stinkers they may have made over the course of their brilliant career. Doesn't matter. Life is short. The amount of tours is also growing shorter. I will see them when ever possible. RUSH Rules.

Kid Gloves a stinker? Anyway.. welcome to TRF trink39.gif

I'm not disappointed though I was hoping they would replace Faithless. Other than that, the setlist is great

Kinda disappointed, but I absolutely loved the setlist and I'm just glad I can see my favourite band for three hours again. Some people take these kinds of things for granted.

Out of every concert I've been to, the Time Machine setlist is tied for the best setlist I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to another go.

Probably will have the same T-shirts and Tour Books as well...

since I already have those from the first leg, that's more money I will have to spend in the French Quarter before the New Orleans show! trink38.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Feb 5 2011, 03:23 PM)
Probably will have the same T-shirts and Tour Books as well...

since I already have those from the first leg, that's more money I will have to spend in the French Quarter before the New Orleans show! trink38.gif

I believe they plan on updating the tourbook. There was a post on rushisaband.com a week ago that allowed people to vote on some pics that would be used in the 2011 tourbook.