Hemispheres

hughes&kettner

side 1 (that's an a l b u m side for you youngins tongue.gif ) never sounds old to me. i love the spacial guitar sounds and the rick tone. i could never hear it too much. i was just listening to it and i had to turn it up to 11.

lyrics are also interesting. such a great way to close the book on that era of rush.

i really like the rest of the disc. but cygnus book II is my absolute favorite 18:08 minutes of music.

2.gif

11 weeks till toledo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jan 21 2011, 02:29 PM)
11 weeks till toledo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I'm really looking forward to this one not only because I have amazing seats but its the smallest venue I've ever seen Rush play

F-n Masterpiece it is..................

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 21 2011, 06:27 PM)
I still find 'Caress of Steel' better than 'Hemispheres'. But I think 'Hemispheres' wins mostly because of LVS.

Fountain and Necromancer are my favorites. I love Caress, but because of ITIGB and Lakeside Park, it is not as perfect as Hemispheres for me.

I still find 'Caress of Steel' better than 'Hemispheres'. But I think 'Hemispheres' wins mostly because of LVS.

I agree. They're both f-in great but personally I enjoy Caress slightly more.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 21 2011, 04:20 PM)
F-n Masterpiece it is..................

^ This yes.gif

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jan 21 2011, 11:05 PM)

Fountain and Necromancer are my favorites. I love Caress, but because of ITIGB and Lakeside Park, it is not as perfect as Hemispheres for me.

Caress and Hemispheres are my two favs as well. As others have mentioned, it is a perfect album with no weakness. As far as COS goes, I could care less about Bastille Day and ITIGB, but do love Lakeside Park.

If I had to choose between 2112 and Hemispheres..

...I wouldn't be able to. I love them for different reasons.

But Hemispheres has that feeling of just.. epicness. Pair it with its predecessor and.. I really can't put into words. I get chills listening to Cygnus X-1 and then Book II: Hemispheres. (I can't listen to one without the other!)

I mean, holy cow. Show me another rock trio that can pull something off that awesome and I'd give you money. Hemispheres just blows my mind. I like the second side of the album. I really do. It's got La Villa on it, but Hemispheres is just perfect in so many ways.

My number one Rush song will always be 2112. But the two parts of Cygnus (I count them as one 'cause I'm a cheater) will always be the very close number two. (Good lord, I'm getting chills just thinking about it!)

Gotta go with the Hemi.

BTW, Hemi > Fountain > 2112

QUOTE (Rick4001 @ Jan 23 2011, 12:42 AM)
Would have loved to have seen the video screen behind Neil to that and Cygnus X-1 performed live -- didn't see Rush till Permanent Waves -- front row center!  1022.gif

Yes, I would have loved to seen that tour too along with PoWaves tour and MP. Rush at their zenith (I am not implying that they've gone downhill since).

Archived