Rare footage.

snowdog2112

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all.

More stuff is being transferred, edited, and copied so be patient. While I'm doing that I'll upload a few short things from my hard drive just to keep you busy.

This is Baseball News with Geddy and Alex from 1992. It's just a minute and a half.

Here's a 2 parter. This is from ABC's In Concert from 1992. I recorded a much shorter version of this on my own VCR in 1992 that I've still got, it's only about 3 minutes at the most with a different edit than this one. This is about 15 minutes total over 2 parts. I hope most of you haven't seen this. There's a lot of neat stuff here with quite a bit of footage from the RTB tour, some from the still unleaked show at Auburn Hills in 1991 and some from another show. Some of the audio (like Dreamline) is just superimposed studio audio but a lot of it is actually live and goes with the footage. Watch in the longshot of Superconductor to see Alex playing the keyboard with his nose. There's a ripping version of the Freewill solo section live and up close.

Here's part 1:

The next part is longer. The clips where Geddy is wearing the white tshirt and multicolored vest like where he's introducing Dreamline (live, here, unlike the previous clip) and Roll the Bones and later saying goodnight are from the Proshot show at Auburn Hills in 1991. Damn it, I want this show so bad. I loved that tour and the stage setup was fantastic. There's also a bit of overlap with a few seconds of that making of the RTB video that you saw earlier but it's brief. Those of you who haven't seen these two clips should really enjoy them I think.

Here's part 2:

Here's a longer one from my VHS stuff.

It seems like I've seen a few seconds of this elsewhere, maybe on youtube at some point but I can't find it now so I'm pretty sure this will be new to most everyone here. Sorry if it's not.

It's from what looks to be around 1981 or maybe early 1982 and it's a profile of several Canadian rock bands like Triumph and April Wine but it of course includes Rush and Geddy is sort of the connecting thread throughout. He discusses the other bands and there's a bit about Rush's history. There's a crazy bit in the middle that I didn't feel was worth editing out with Wendy O Williams for you who remember her. Then there's a wrap up of Rush in 1981 with a short interview with Geddy at CHUM that most of you have probably seen elsewhere and at the end there's a bit about the Bob and Doug McKenzie album that Geddy's on and also shows Alex briefly at their album release party.

Quality's not that great, it's almost 30 years old but it's good enough I think. Better stuff to come.

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jan 20 2011, 11:43 AM)
I just subscribed to your yotube channel.Keep em going.thanks for all the time it's taken you to transfer and upload.Us fans really apreciate these things. yes.gif

Cool! Glad you like them. Tell your friends, family, and coworkers! laugh.gif

I wish I had a virtual hat I could put on the ground for donations. The beer offer was very welcome, though. cool.gif

You guys bored yet or do you want some more?

QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Jan 20 2011, 11:45 AM)
Out of all the Rush interviews I found - the one where Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson talk about The Rolling Stones backstage at the SARS benefit concert in 2003 is the one I hold in high regard.

I've got a couple of vids from there in addition to the full length performance (and in addition to the actual Toronto Rocks dvd laugh.gif ) but I can't remember them talking about the Stones. I'll dig those out in a minute and see what's on them.

Crap, I've actually got a lot more from Sarstock than I remembered.

The clip of Alex and Geddy discussing The Rolling Stones was not available to view on television.

You had to be a member of the RollingStones.com website to view it and other footage from the Stones 2002-03 Licks Tour.

It was part of the fan goodies if you signed up.

Then someone put the videos up for free to view on 'The Rolling Stones Fan Club - It's Only Rock'n Roll' forum to see.

I sent it to Ed at Rushisaband and he posted it here.

QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Jan 20 2011, 11:51 AM)
The clip of Alex and Geddy discussing The Rolling Stones was not available to view on television.

You had to be a member of the RollingStones.com website to view it and other footage from the Stones 2002-03 Licks Tour.

It was part of the fan goodies if you signed up.

Then someone put the videos up for free to view on 'The Rolling Stones Fan Club - It's Only Rock'n Roll' forum to see.

I sent it to Ed at Rushisaband and he posted it here.

Thanks! I'm almost positive I don't have that anywhere but I've got several others like it. I'll put them up in a minute.

I just watched them all. Thank you so much!!! The majority of them I had never seen and even the ones that were of poor quality were worth watching to see what the guys had to say.

QUOTE (FT Tracker @ Jan 20 2011, 03:44 PM)
Still here, I was a rush fan many years ago and went away for along time. Now I am back and trying to catch up. I enjoy checking out these old videos very much.

Ok, great!

I'm uploading another one right now, I made a composite of Geddy's 1984 interview on Muchmusic from all the footage I think I have. If I find more later I'll add it. There's a small bit of overlap to make sure I got it all and because the middle section is much higher quality it's also A LOT LOUDER, haha! Sorry about that.

But the end result is that everyone can see 10 minutes worth instead of the 2 minute version I've seen around. I even included his best wishes at the end to Muchmusic which was a new channel at the time.

I'll get you the link when it's done. It's always funny to me to hear them back in the mid-80s talk about how long they had been around. I don't think they could have imagined still making new music and touring in 2011.

Ok, here it is. Have fun!

Just saw all the new additions! I have to head out to work (yeah, not sick enough to call in two days in a row. cool.gif ), but I will watch them when I get home! Again, thanks! They are much appreciated!

Archived