Alterations to the Time Machine Setlist

That One Guy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jan 15 2011, 11:44 PM)
QUOTE (GuitarPlyr01 @ Jan 14 2011, 03:14 PM)
Some of these are good suggestions.  Some are just not going to happen.  I hate to admit, because I'd like to see some of the old stuff get played, but get over it people, stuff like Fly by Night, Finding, My Way, Middletown Dreams, are never going to be played.  They are a VERY, VERY long shot.

Why no shot at Middletown Dreams? If Marathon has a good enough choice to be included, then I would think anything off of PW is up for grabs.

And I hope like hell it would have chance I just think it's unlikely, has it ever been played live? I think Big Money is another one off of PoW that needs to be played.

It's the songs off of CoS, FBN, and AFTK that just don't have a shot. I'd like to Madrigal, but it just won't happen.

And to the above post (^) talking about CTTH, I agree 100%. That off-speed tempo just really threw the entire song off. I wish they'd go back to the old long jams in the middle like they did back in the 80s and on Different Stages.

QUOTE (Ranger J @ Jan 17 2011, 08:02 PM)
I wouldn't mind seeing Countdown live (switched with another Signals track), I have taken a strange liking to this song over the past couple of weeks.

Same thing with me, only it was over a period of the last couple months as opposed to weeks.. lol

I wish any participating member of Rush or its management would read stuff like this on this site. The band, Ray, or whoever taking notice of stuff like this would be cool.

QUOTE (NoRoXiM @ Jan 19 2011, 07:16 PM)
Swap Time Stand Still with Ceiling Unlimited.
Swap Far Cry with Jacobs Ladder.

No and no. Takin out Far Cry is unrealistic. It's a solid closer. Jacob's Ladder... That's a bid flaccid to end a show with.

I'm all for The Trees being brought in with an Alex intro. I was a little sad it wasn't there in the first place.

And a Lerxst Rant. We NEED one of those.

Ceiling unlimited???? are you kidding me???? Geddy butchers singing that song live. That song is one of those cringe moments for me while listening to RUSH.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Jan 20 2011, 01:41 AM)

No and no. Takin out Far Cry is unrealistic. It's a solid closer. Jacob's Ladder... That's a bid flaccid to end a show with.

I'm all for The Trees being brought in with an Alex intro. I was a little sad it wasn't there in the first place.

And a Lerxst Rant. We NEED one of those.

I think Far Cry is a bad closer but a great opener, especially with the pyro like on S&A tour. I like a closer to be a classic, and I also like to get warmed up a bit before a band hits me in the mouth with a song like TSOR.

Unlike some of you, I actually like the new arrangement for CTTH. Maybe that's because I don't much care for the original version. I really wish they'd swap it for The Trees, Circumstances, Bangkok or anything else old that they actually have the balls to still play. I don't really get this thing with Ged's voice. I've never heard of any other band refusing to play songs because they can't sing them in the same key anymore. We'd rather hear a song not be as good than not hear it at all.

Stick It Out is a song I could really do without. Some of you mentioned getting rid of Time Stand Still, but this is the Time Machine tour. I don't think a song with "time" in the title is going anywhere.

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jan 22 2011, 11:48 AM)
Some of you mentioned getting rid of Time Stand Still, but this is the Time Machine tour. I don't think a song with "time" in the title is going anywhere.

Good point.

I was thinking that to myself as well haha

Edited by Hemispheres89

I don't think there's anything stopping Time Stand Still from being dropped. I would HATE to see it dropped, but Geddy does seem to have an issue singing it correctly. I just hope there are some changes to keep it fresh. I don't wanna pay twice for the same show. They have to be slightly different.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 9 2011, 10:33 PM)
Time Stand Still for Force Ten
Stick It Out for Natural Science
Freewill for Nobody's Hero
Malignant Narcissism" between Caravan and Neil's solo.
Presto for Roll The Bones (shoot me now!)

Since you're the first poster here I'm going to pick on you tongue.gif

Time Stand Still for Force Ten

yes.gif

Stick It Out for Natural Science

..Most illogical

Freewill for Nobody's Hero

no.gif

Malignant Narcissism" between Caravan and Neil's solo

Good idea!

Presto for Roll The Bones (shoot me now!)

Both are about just as bad, but I like RTB more.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jan 21 2011, 11:07 PM)
they'd have to make a minimum 5 changes for me to buy a ticket.

Then your not going. tongue.gif