Alterations to the Time Machine Setlist

That One Guy

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Feb 7 2011, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 7 2011, 07:21 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 7 2011, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 7 2011, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Feb 2 2011, 03:20 PM)
One can only hope the actual Clockwork Angels tour has a really different set

yes.gif

alex is already saying there's going to be a total revamp. sarcasm.gif

Yep, just like they were doing Jacobs Ladder this tour

I think we need to be a little bit more fair to Alex for that quote. At that point in time, we had no idea they were playing Moving Pictures in its entirety. That was announced later. I think playing that whole album alone makes up for not playing Jacob's Ladder.

Still wouldn't mind it in the setlist though. Awesome song.

no it doesn't. get rid of alot of that video time and they can add 3 more tracks preferably pre-84.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 8 2011, 08:32 AM)

yes.gif

I think we need to be a little bit more fair to Alex for that quote. At that point in time, we had no idea they were playing Moving Pictures in its entirety. That was announced later. I think playing that whole album alone makes up for not playing Jacob's Ladder.

no it doesn't. get rid of alot of that video time and they can add 3 more tracks preferably pre-84.

It wouldn't kill them to make different visual tracks to swap out some songs. I've said this like three times, they've never done a two-leg tour with zero changes, and I don't think this will remain the first. I loved the first leg setlist, but changes are always welcome. Even more welcome than that would be additions, as the show felt kind of short by Rush standards.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 9 2011, 03:48 PM)

yes.gif

It wouldn't kill them to make different visual tracks to swap out some songs. I've said this like three times, they've never done a two-leg tour with zero changes, and I don't think this will remain the first. I loved the first leg setlist, but changes are always welcome. Even more welcome than that would be additions, as the show felt kind of short by Rush standards.

I don't think we can expect any LONGER Rush shows in the future. Don't you think we might be asking a bit much of three dudes pushin 60! As for the scrapping the videos in favor of three or four more songs: I couldn't disagree more. The videos have become an important part of the Rush Experience. They are part of who Rush is.

HW

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Feb 11 2011, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 9 2011, 03:48 PM)

yes.gif

I don't think we can expect any LONGER Rush shows in the future. Don't you think we might be asking a bit much of three dudes pushin 60! As for the scrapping the videos in favor of three or four more songs: I couldn't disagree more. The videos have become an important part of the Rush Experience. They are part of who Rush is.

HW

They can scrap a few videos to make a few more videos for different songs. Weren't there songs in the show without big visuals? I know that the show's shorter now because they are seriously old, but I wish they could just play shows like the T4E tour, VT tour and R30. I'm wondering if CA will get a proper tour. Maybe 2013.