What is going on with the weather?

CeeJ

Anyone?

If the warmest temp in the USA is Texas at 77 degrees...

WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

Any clue on what is the cause or when it will end?

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Dec 15 2010, 03:34 PM)
Anyone?

WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

Ask Al Gore. He has all the answers you seek.

it finally got cold in New England, but back in NC where I'm from, the temps were in the teens for the high while Boston was in the 50s two days ago. It may have something to do with me moving here.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 15 2010, 03:39 PM)
it finally got cold in New England, but back in NC where I'm from, the temps were in the teens for the high while Boston was in the 50s two days ago. It may have something to do with me moving here.

Stay away from NH. I want to go fishing this weekend. tongue.gif

I'm not complaining! Memories of this past summer's utterly miserable heat indexes are still too fresh in my mind.

I don't mind being cold outdoors as long as I'm busy doing something. (Freezing on one end of a leash while waiting for the dog to take care of business doesn't count as "doing something", just to clarify. Sometimes I find myself tempted to squeeze the dog to see if it will speed things along).

However - can't stand to be cold indoors.

But I hate, hate, HATE summer. Loathe it.

CeeJ - I saw on one of Necro's posts that you guys are in Va. Beach? Not very beachy right now, eh?

It's around 75 degrees F where I am. It's going to dip down back below freezing by tomorrow night. Total insanity. wacko.gif And, those f'ing wasps wake back up every time it gets warm again! They're swarming all over the place. 062802puke_prv.gif

I don't really believe there's anything "going on." I think it's just one of those winters. It happens. confused13.gif

I wish someone could fix it.

I don't think this is what it's usually like. Everyone is saying

"It's 30 degrees colder than normal"

We thought we'd enjoy a little traveling down the east coast...

It's turning out to be a nightmare as far as weather goes.

It is 21 f-n degrees where i live 1287.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 15 2010, 05:08 PM)
It's that El Nina bitch who's causing it to be this way.

No. I LOVE La Nina. It's that little El Nino bastard brother of hers I hate.

But see, I speak from a selfish POV. My husband is director/head pro of a tennis facility. El Nino brings rain. Rain means lost income (in 2003, an exceptionally wet year, we really struggled). So El Nino is not a welcome fellow in our household. We hate him.

Tennis pros and their families must be the only people who WANT droughts.

It's jumped around from blizzards to seventy degrees to single digits and now sleet tonight in the past couple weeks here.

But it's Nebraska, so nothing really surprising, considering last year we had foot after foot of snow. Not a single snow day thus far -- but my dad reported on his way home that the streets were really bad.

Nothing terribly cold, though. It's been a mild fall and winter (30's and upper 20's the past week) by NE standards.

But I feel bad for you southern folks. D: Must be miserable.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 15 2010, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Dec 15 2010, 03:34 PM)
Anyone?

WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

Ask Al Gore. He has all the answers you seek.

i'm a big fan of his poetry. laugh.gif

The other morning I took a shower before work and when I walked out to my car, my wet hair froze laugh.gif

It's been between 10 and 20 degrees F for a couple of days, which is fine since it is DECEMBER but WTF was with the days where it was in the 50's?! That's not winter eyesre4.gif

As far as snow, I expected more in Connecticut by this time of the year. We've only gotten about 1 inch or so. Whereas other parts (a LOT of parts) of the country have gotten 5 or 6 times that.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Dec 15 2010, 08:22 PM)
The other morning I took a shower before work and when I walked out to my car, my wet hair froze laugh.gif

It's been between 10 and 20 degrees F for a couple of days, which is fine since it is DECEMBER but WTF was with the days where it was in the 50's?! That's not winter eyesre4.gif

As far as snow, I expected more in Connecticut by this time of the year. We've only gotten about 1 inch or so. Whereas other parts (a LOT of parts) of the country have gotten 5 or 6 times that.

I had Icicles hanging from my beard this morning yes.gif

We also have like a foot and a half of snow here... it sucks eh.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Dec 15 2010, 08:26 PM)

only a foot and a half..I wish we had that little.

We're expecting another foot tonight.

It's crazy it's been snowing nonstop here since Monday, same thing happened last week

They're expecting another 9 to 13 inches tonight (according to the National Weather Service)

We got about 52.1 (over 4 feet) inches last week. (closest reporter to me on the NWS map).

On the plus side it hasn't been extremely cold. Upper 20's, which isn't extremely bad.

rage.gif and we have NO snow here ohmy.gif I'll take that 18 that 36 inches.. yes.gif Ship to the SW corner of Colorado... biggrin.gif

We should have snow by now, it is that La Nina chick got all the good snow to the north.

I want my bro El Nino, he brings lots of nice deep snow to the SW.. 1022.gif laugh.gif

old.gif

Here it's been very cold the last few days. We had a decent amount of snow fall yesterday to. The temp has been in the single digits or below zero in some places since the weekend. My car wouldn't even start this morning. After like five minutes of trying it the engine finally turned on bncegrn.gif

Living in Buffalo, NY all my life you get used to it though. The snow and cold weather is just a minor inconvienence at this point.

It's been so cold here that I had to go buy more long underwear. My usual supply just isn't enough! We get cold here, but it's unusual for it to be this cold in December. It usually isn't this cold until mid January.

However, I knew we were going to pay for our long hot summer and fall.

Now we're paying...big time.

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Dec 15 2010, 04:34 PM)
Anyone?

WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

yeah it was beautiful here today, four days ago, i froze my n@@s off, i want to ride my motorcycle,,,, i actually miss the snow though

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 15 2010, 12:42 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 15 2010, 03:39 PM)

Stay away from NH. I want to go fishing this weekend. tongue.gif

Is it sitting or actually fishing? confused13.gif rofl3.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Chrysalii @ Dec 15 2010, 08:53 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Dec 15 2010, 08:26 PM)

only a foot and a half..I wish we had that little.

We're expecting another foot tonight.

It's crazy it's been snowing nonstop here since Monday, same thing happened last week

They're expecting another 9 to 13 inches tonight (according to the National Weather Service)

We got about 52.1 (over 4 feet) inches last week. (closest reporter to me on the NWS map).

On the plus side it hasn't been extremely cold. Upper 20's, which isn't extremely bad.

Hey Chrysalii, I feel ya; as you know I work in downtown. Now I live in Scipio and it has taken me nearly 2 hours to get to and from work on those bad days, like last night.

And, can you imagine, Ithaca has NO snow. I know this because we went through there the other night and the ground was bare.

Archived