Bass Players!

CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 24 2007, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Dec 27 2005, 11:55 PM)
I bought a Geddy signature bass a few months back....$600, with a discount from my old employer....the lovely Guitar Center  boarder.gif

laugh.gif that's too funny! I got my Geddy Lee Signature Bass thru GC - while working there in 2005 as well (though I got mine in July)...it was the only actual instrument I purchased there while I was still employed by them. I got it with a slight discount ($600) but I got to put it on my Guitar Center card - with the financing deal they had going at the time, no payments for a year laugh.gif I was all excited that I got a good deal, AND got to put it on the card - not something they generally allow - until I found out that a kid up in the Danver's store got a PRS at 5% above cost and got to put it on the GC card with the no payments for a year deal! ohmy.gif I was SO PO'd! Ah well, my manager was an asshole who constantly made fun of 2.gif - he was a total LOSAH who didn't know shite about music, thought he was the best thing since sliced bread on guitar too hahahahaha....

Anywho - I don't know if I ever posted a pic of my baby on here, so here it is wub.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/MyBass1.jpg

I used to have a Peavey Millenium 4 plus bass. I used to have a Peavey Mark VIII head. I used to have a large Peavey cab featuring two 12" speakers & an 18".......No more now sad.gif

Basses

1. Squier vintage modified fretless jazz bass (3 tone sunburst) (main)

2. Ibanez GRS 210(blue) with badass bridge fretted (other main)

3. Squier P-Bass (red)

Amp

1x15 100 Fender Rumble

Effects

Digitech BP-50

Ibanez flanger

Boss Bass Chorus

Most get

Geddy Lee Jazz

Ampeg svt stack

QUOTE (Jon @ Sep 3 2007, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (rushbass @ Sep 2 2007, 10:12 PM)
Just added another one to my arsenal... a Takamine EG512 CGAMQ Acoustic Bass Guitar (quilted amber)...

Nice! Any piccies?

Silly me... forgot the pics! I played one at the Guitar Center in Dallas the day of the Rush concert, and fell in love with it... here she is:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/rushbass/DSC00610.jpg

And here is the rest of the arsenal again, to round it all out:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/rushbass/MyAxes.jpg

I've had my bass for quite a few years now but I'm just now trying to learn how to play.

Here's my bass, an Ibanez TRB-50. I don't know what year it is, probably around '95 or so.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l202/Syaoran_2001/trb50.png

Not really an incredibly fancy bass, but a good bass to learn on, I like it.

As for an amp, I use a Peavy Microbass. I don't know much about amplification and effects so it works just fine for my needs.

QUOTE (Syaoran_2001 @ Sep 3 2007, 09:12 PM)
I've had my bass for quite a few years now but I'm just now trying to learn how to play.

Here's my bass, an Ibanez TRB-50. I don't know what year it is, probably around '95 or so.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l202/Syaoran_2001/trb50.png

Not really an incredibly fancy bass, but a good bass to learn on, I like it.

As for an amp, I use a Peavy Microbass. I don't know much about amplification and effects so it works just fine for my needs.

Thats a sick picture of The beatles in the background! 653.gif

Oh, and the bass is cool, too. tongue.gif

QUOTE (makehaste2112 @ Sep 8 2007, 07:58 PM)
Thats a sick picture of The beatles in the background! 653.gif

Oh, and the bass is cool, too. tongue.gif

Thanks, I got that picture at a garage sale, it's a great picture and I've never seen it anywhere else. That's my Beatles Wall, I have some of my best Beatles records framed around the picture. In my bass picture you can see Abbey Road and the bottom half of Introducing the Beatles. I also have a really nice near mint copy of The Beatles Again (aka Hey Jude) up there and I plan to frame a few other choice pieces from my collection. The next one going up is my original issue error pressing A Hard Day's Night album.

QUOTE (Syaoran_2001 @ Sep 10 2007, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE (makehaste2112 @ Sep 8 2007, 07:58 PM)
Thats a sick picture of The beatles in the background!  653.gif

Oh, and the bass is cool, too.  tongue.gif

Thanks, I got that picture at a garage sale, it's a great picture and I've never seen it anywhere else. That's my Beatles Wall, I have some of my best Beatles records framed around the picture. In my bass picture you can see Abbey Road and the bottom half of Introducing the Beatles. I also have a really nice near mint copy of The Beatles Again (aka Hey Jude) up there and I plan to frame a few other choice pieces from my collection. The next one going up is my original issue error pressing A Hard Day's Night album.

Cool. The Beatles rock. 1022.gif

I think there are a couple of those kinds of pictures in the third anthology set, of them in the garden.

Well, you can already see my Sting Signature Fender Precision. wink.gif

My other bass is a white Encore:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/Oxygeneb.jpg

The 'Oxygene Bass' I call it. biggrin.gif

Almost forgot to say, I'm saving up for a Rickenbacker. tongue.gif (but one like Chris Squire's)

Agent By-Tor, show us a pic, someone here will probably know. wink.gif smile.gif

Edited by Jaye

QUOTE (Jon @ Oct 1 2007, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 29 2007, 04:27 PM)

Almost forgot to say, I'm saving up for a Rickenbacker. tongue.gif (but one like Chris Squire's)

A used one I presume, as they don't make one like Squire's anymore.

There's a 4001CS for sale on Talk Bass at the moment:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368118

(Not mine - I'll never sell mine!)

b_sigh.gif

Yeah, A used one would do. My Encore is used.

Still don't have enough money yet, though.. sad.gif

I know...double post...

Anyone have any source for bass sheet music, tabs, guitar pro for Leave That Thing Alone?

Son (16 and a 2.gif fan...don't ya heart.gif it) is trying to learn it and can't get all the parts figured out...

Much appreciated!!

QUOTE (njcruzr @ Oct 19 2007, 09:37 PM)
I know...double post...

Anyone have any source for bass sheet music, tabs, guitar pro for Leave That Thing Alone?

Son (16 and a  2.gif  fan...don't ya  heart.gif  it) is trying to learn it and can't get all the parts figured out...

Much appreciated!!