Drummers!

CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Oct 26 2006, 10:35 PM)
i dunno man

compare a small mapex kit  first

Got pics, link?

The stand-up part of this one is the key, I need to stand with a group and sing. The drum sound doesn't really matter, as long as there is someone/something keeping the beat.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Oct 27 2006, 01:12 PM)
i dunno man

Got pics, link?

The stand-up part of this one is the key, I need to stand with a group and sing. The drum sound doesn't really matter, as long as there is someone/something keeping the beat.

How about one of these? Yamaha digital drum pad. They cost the same as the cocktail kit and are a lot more versatile. You could also use it in conjunction with your acoustic kit.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 31 2006, 03:11 PM)
i dunno man

Got pics, link?

How about one of these? Yamaha digital drum pad. They cost the same as the cocktail kit and are a lot more versatile. You could also use it in conjunction with your acoustic kit.

i have always wondered how you use the bassdrum and hihat on that, how do you use them?

QUOTE (mortkort @ Oct 31 2006, 04:25 PM)
i dunno man

Got pics, link?

i have always wondered how you use the bassdrum and hihat on that, how do you use them?

Foot pedals.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 31 2006, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (mortkort @ Oct 31 2006, 04:25 PM)
i dunno man

Got pics, link?

Foot pedals.

really? i thought it was just a toy for kids to hit on.

i want one of those!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 31 2006, 12:11 PM)
i dunno man

Got pics, link?

That would cost as much as the Cocktail Kit and take up at least one more channel on the mixer. Sound quality of the drums isn't really the important part of the sound, just keeping a beat that people can dance to is all I'll be doing. It's for a vocal group that has at least 4 singers, and some nights 6 doing '50's and '60's vocal harmonies. The voices are the important thing, the drums are just there to fill up sound and space basically. I might just use 3 pieces (snare, bass, and 1 tom) from a Pearl Forum kit that I have. Even then, that would be more than I really need. If I wanted to, I could get away with a snare, hi-hat, and a ride.

Took advantage of the nice weather here Friday and took a pic of my kit.

Pearl exports and all Paragon except both hihats and lower china.(did not like the sound of it)

Enjoy!!! need that garage built.......oh well

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/randyferron/rush/misc001.jpg

2.gif

QUOTE (o baterista @ Nov 5 2006, 08:26 AM)
Pearl exports and all Paragon except both hihats and lower china.(did not like the sound of it)

That's a really cool kit! I like the setup. trink36.gif

QUOTE (o baterista @ Nov 5 2006, 05:26 AM)
Took advantage of the nice weather here Friday and took a pic of my kit.

Enjoy!!! need that garage built.......oh well

2.gif

Wow, that's Original... rofl3.gif I bet you use 747's also, right? wink.gif

Nice kit though. Did you jam for the neighbors?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 6 2006, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE (KirkDS @ Nov 6 2006, 02:46 PM)
Nice looking set. Do you actually play them setup like that?  laugh.gif

I'm no drummer, but aren't the floor toms waaaaaay too far away from the rest of the kit? Or perhaps it's set up like that just for the photo?

Thats exactly what I'm thinking. Probably just for the photo.

To satisfy drummerboy's curiosity...here's my kit. It's a Tama SCP. All cymbals are Paiste Sigs. Pedals are DW 9002's.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i318/jmsmooch/SCP1.jpg

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 16 2004, 10:49 PM)
Hey gang! Here is our own personal space to post our set ups, even pix if you got them.

I was lucky enough to stumble on a great deal for my new (in Jan '04) Grestch Renown Maple in "Deep Black" finish. The best drums I have ever owned, and I have had more than a few kits through the years.

Drums:
18 x 22 bass drum
5 x 14 snare (best snare drum I have ever owned)
7 x 8 tom
8 x 10 tom
10 x 12 tom
12 x 14 tom
13 x 16 tom

6x6 concert tom (Ludwig)
8x6 concert tom (Ludwig)

6 1/2 x 14 Premier chrome snare (not pictured)

Cymbals:
13" K/Z hi hats
20" Avedis Zildjian Ping Ride (20 years old in 2004)
14" K Dark Thin Crash (x2)
16" K Dark Crash
10" Sabian Paragon Splash
8" Avedis Zildjian Extra Thin Splash
14" Sabian Paragon hi hats (not pictured, X-hat)
14" Wuhan China
16" Wuhan China (21 years old, and still sounds amazing)
5 1/4" Avedis Zildjian Crotale, pitch = A (Tuned cymbal)

8" Sabian Paragon Splash (not pictured)
22" Sabian Paragon ride (not pictured)
16" Sabian Paragon crash (not pictured)
15" K Zildjian Dark Crash (pictured- X-hat top)
14" K Zildjian Dark Crash (pictured- X-hat bottom)

Hardware:
Gibraltar GRS-350GC rack
Yamaha HS-1100 Hi-Hat stand
Yamaha DFP-9410 Double Bass Drum Pedal

http://home.earthlink.net/~trilogy-band/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/offsetsm.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~trilogy-band/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/leftrearsm.jpg

Ok, I ditched the rack. I had the opportunity to play without the rack not long ago and decided I had more flexibility with floor stands. So now my 8" and 10" are on a DW double tom stand w/cymbal boom and the 12" is on a tom holder clamped to a Yamaha boom/straight stand. The concert tome are also clamped to another Yamaha boom.

Also a couple months back I put the floor toms on a Yamaha floor tom stand which now also holds my ride and a crash stacked on top. I can be much more precise with my setup and put drums where I want them rather than where I can due to hardware limitations. Mo' bettah.

I know hardware doesn't change much but it does matter to me these days. I now have all nice pro hardware all the way around and have gotten rid of stands I have been using for decades.