Drummers!

CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Aug 23 2005, 12:51 PM)
what is meant by...'homemade'?

really cool by the way

I followed directions at

Electronic Drums

Basically I purchased a cheap ($120) practice kit. Took apart the heads, mic'd them up, and they go into the Ddrum module (not cheap, $1000+, but great sounding). Then bought some cheaper stands, added the plastic cymbals, mic'd them up.

I live in a condo so I can't use real drums.

The ddrum4 has lots of downloadable sounds, plus it is possible to add your own.

Well I've been saving and saving my pennies and today I got this:

http://www.patrickreedmusic.co.uk/images/DTXPRESSIII.jpg

I've been playing since I got it set up at 5 PM, so I'm a wee bit tired.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 27 2005, 04:54 PM)

Sweet!!! applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 27 2005, 07:54 PM)

That's awesome Jack. I'm not a big fan of electric drum kits, but it would be nice to have one for practicing. Sometimes I get such an urge to drum, but it's 1:00 in the morning and everyone is sleeping. I would love to just be able to pop on some headphones and start playing. That probably won't happen for awhile, though, since I'm planning on getting a much better regular kit first before messing around with the electronic stuff. Still looks really sweet. trink39.gif

QUOTE (The Lackey @ Aug 23 2005, 08:13 AM)
http://photos23.flickr.com/36484341_4b33778935.jpg

home made electronic drums with cheapo foam!!
Uses a ddrum4 module for sounds.

I must say that is way cool you did that, im gonna try to build my self a custom Guitar Amp head, for scratch, again good job, i bet it plays good too

QUOTE (charliewang @ Aug 14 2005, 07:38 PM)
i just got the entire paragon set up....well i have a bit more to pay off on it so far i only got 500 on it and it's $2112 which is the greatest price ever. The guy who printed that price tag out is the biggest neil peart and rush fan i swear he just burned me 2 cd's of neil's solos feom 74 up till the r30 tour so needless to say we're pretty much buddies now. i'll post a pic of the price tag i got from it as soon as i can get some pictures on my computer.

Charlie, just wondering if you bought those cymbals because you like the sound or because Neil plays them?

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Aug 31 2005, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE (charliewang @ Aug 14 2005, 07:38 PM)
i just got the entire paragon set up....well i have a bit more to pay off on it so far i only got 500 on it and it's $2112 which is the greatest price ever. The guy who printed that price tag out is the biggest neil peart and rush fan i swear he just burned me 2 cd's of neil's solos feom 74 up till the r30 tour so needless to say we're pretty much buddies now. i'll post a pic of the price tag i got from it as soon as i can get some pictures on my computer.

Charlie, just wondering if you bought those cymbals because you like the sound or because Neil plays them?

I dont play drums, but i know what i like when it comes to how cymbals sound, i like how the effects sound, but the ride just sucks, im sorry not my cup of tea with a ride, i think matts Zildijan ride sounds better than that sabian paragon.

Cool...this is one of my favorite places!!

Drums

Premier/mid to late 80`s model in a dark/blue finish

13' Pearl Piccolo, and a 14' Slingerland.

13' and 14' mounted toms, and a 16' floor-tom.

16x22 bass drum.

Remo Roto-Toms (currently not in set-up)

Cymbals

Zildjian and Wuhan

6' A-Custom Splash

8' A Splash

10' A Splash

16' A-Custom Crash

18' A Rock Crash

18' A Thin Crash

22' Z-Custom Ride

20 A China Bow Low

13' A Medium Hats

14' Wuhan China

Pedals

DW-5000 Double Pedal...bought in 1989, and still flowing strong!!

DW, Pearl, and assorted high hat, and cymbal stands.

2- Latin Percussion Claws

Remo Clear Heads, and a Coated Ambassador on the snares. Remo Ebonys on the tom bottoms.

Sticks

Zildjian Dennis Chambers, and Tim "Herb" Alexander signature sticks.

All this made possible by God Given talent!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/Stickman1984/P5150006.jpg

This is my current set up in my new band Sacred Ace that i have just joined things are going great in this band and i hope to get some music up soon for your listening pleasure.

Man, nice vintage Premiers! They look like early 70's or late 60's.

Im told by my mate that i bought them off they are from the late 70's i do have the orginal hardware which are Trilok stands.

But i found them to be to rusty to use as the kit was dumped in my mates garage for 10yrs till i bought them off him and spent some money on it.

I don't have a drumkit yet so I guess technically I'm not a drummer. I have been reading a lot about drums and practicing a lot of the exercises in them though. I have two pairs of drumsticks though. I have Ringo Starr Pro-Mark's, and LA Speical Med. Rock. Both are Hickory. I'm hoping to get a drum pad for my birthday...

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 14 2006, 12:08 PM)
Just picked up a new Zildjian A Custom 8" splash cymbal and DW 9000 double bass pedal. biggrin.gif

Yeah, you're movin' on up now Kazz! How do you like the pedal? They are so sweet.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jan 15 2006, 01:39 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 14 2006, 12:08 PM)
Just picked up a new Zildjian A Custom 8" splash cymbal and DW 9000 double bass pedal. biggrin.gif

Yeah, you're movin' on up now Kazz! How do you like the pedal? They are so sweet.

I love the thing. Soooo smooth. I'm going to toy around with the nylon strap tomorrow and see if i like it better with that or the chain drive.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Good one KAZZMAN in my opinion the DW pedals are the most lightweight and responsive pedals of any that I have played. trink39.gif

Got a Wuhan 12" China today. It's one great little cymbal. And it only cost me $12 bucks at Guitar Center. The guy there was also asking me about my DCI jacket too, which was pretty cool.