Resist

Good,bad,andrush

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Dec 6 2010, 11:26 PM)
It's a great song, but hearing the acoustic version ruined it for me.

The acoustic version didn't ruin it for me, I just liked the full band version even more.

I'm in the tenth row center for Resist on the Different Stages CD.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Dec 6 2010, 11:53 AM)
Really, such a strong piece musically and lyrically, and complex enough to be considered a difficult piece of music.

It's perfect in every aspect; how come not many people talk about this song?

One of my favorites, too. I really love the lyrics and the music fits it perfectly. Much like Bravado and The Pass, I feel.

The only thing is that the version on T4E is overproduced, IMHO. Now, the live acoustic version kicks gluteus max all over the place. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Dec 7 2010, 12:33 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Dec 6 2010, 11:53 AM)
Really, such a strong piece musically and lyrically, and complex enough to be considered a difficult piece of music.

One of my favorites, too. I really love the lyrics and the music fits it perfectly. Much like Bravado and The Pass, I feel.

The only thing is that the version on T4E is overproduced, IMHO. Now, the live acoustic version kicks gluteus max all over the place. biggrin.gif

Jack... relax

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Dec 6 2010, 01:53 PM)

People don't talk about it because it's not a great song. It shows the beginnings of lyrics being shoehorned into the melody and also showcases the Geddy Lee Chorale Experience.

I can learn to resist anything but mediocre Rush songs. This one I can resist easily.

Sincerely,

Anagram

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 7 2010, 04:28 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Dec 6 2010, 01:53 PM)

People don't talk about it because it's not a great song. It shows the beginnings of lyrics being shoehorned into the melody and also showcases the Geddy Lee Chorale Experience.

I can learn to resist anything but mediocre Rush songs. This one I can resist easily.

Sincerely,

Anagram

Resist gives me goosebumps.

Hand over Fist on the other hand...

http://floridaufsd.org/463170524214543/lib/463170524214543/dancing_banana.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Dec 7 2010, 06:39 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 7 2010, 04:28 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Dec 6 2010, 01:53 PM)

Sincerely,

Anagram

Resist gives me goosebumps.

Hand over Fist on the other hand...

http://floridaufsd.org/463170524214543/lib/463170524214543/dancing_banana.gif

laugh.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 7 2010, 04:42 PM)
My wife thinks it's quite good and I like it too. Best ever? Errr...no. It's not even in the top 3 on Test For Echo. biggrin.gif

It's not bad but I'd actually rank it in the bottom 3 for this particular album.

Archived