Converse All Star

robertrobyn

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Dec 5 2010, 09:53 PM)
i wore them once around 90-91. i bought them in black because geddy wore them, than i realized how stupid i looked and never wore them again. tongue.gif

^ indeed

not everyone can 'pull off' the Chuck look wink.gif

I got a pair once because someone told me they were great to wear while playing drums , they were dead wrong

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Dec 6 2010, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Dec 6 2010, 11:00 AM)
In the "Boys In Brazil" doc on Rush in Rio, he freaks when he can't find them before a show

I don't think looking for the shoes is a documentary issue...

He seems like a little bitch in that scene . They are there to film geddy, get over yourself . Do the shoes affect your bass playing ? fists crying.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 6 2010, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 6 2010, 01:14 PM)
I got a pair once because someone told me they were  great to wear while playing drums , they were dead wrong

It's not the shoes fault. tongue.gif

laugh.gif Really, the most unpleasant feeling sneaker i have ever worn

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Dec 6 2010, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Dec 6 2010, 11:00 AM)
In the "Boys In Brazil" doc on Rush in Rio, he freaks when he can't find them before a show

I don't think looking for the shoes is a documentary issue...

I also don't think Converse were the shoes that had been lost. As I said above, he's had several pairs of shoes that he considers "stage shoes," to only be worn on stage. I don't think he was wearing Chuckies on the Brazil leg of that tour.

As a drummer, they were my gig sneaker of choice for a very long time. I did find I felt like I had more pedal dexterity for awhile.

These days I'm more of an old-school Nike Cortez guy, but I still gig in chucks occasionally.

• Like 1

I've worn Converse tennis shoes for years and years. To me they're really comfortable but I usually put an extra insole in the bottom.

Ditto the uncomfortable thing. Maybe its cause I weigh about twice what Geddy weighs. Also, I wear 13s and the Bozo comments would be coming.

Fellow size 13 here...but i didn't care about the comments. Back in the day, I loved wearing them, especially when broken in. Hell, I wore them playing high school basketball. Now that I'm older, they get uncomfortable after about 2-3 hours due to lack of support. So I don't wear them that often.

They were my go to shoes for years. Always got different colors. The running joke in my family was what color my chucks would be when I showed for Thanksgiving dinner.

I also prefer Vans (more padding).

You changed your handle? I like it. Simple and to the point... :dweez:
  • Like 2

Yeah, my other one was kind of dorky too :P. Plus, I <3 his nickname of glee, makes me crack up almost every time.

• Like 2

Yeah, my other one was kind of dorky too :P. Plus, I <3 his nickname of glee, makes me crack up almost every time.

Didn't even consider the "glee" angle. Well done... :cheers:
  • Like 1