2011 Tour!

Rushchick10

QUOTE (Phantom @ Nov 17 2010, 09:37 PM)
I have every hope that they'll film the gig for DVD release... stateside, europe, canada, japan... doesn't matter to me, just please PLEASE get it onto DVD.

No doubt about it in my mind...they will...in Europe or Japan. It is coming people.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 15 2010, 11:12 AM)
On RUSHISABAND.com this morning:

"Finnish television channel SuomiTV is reporting that Rush will play the Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland sometime in early May - likely May 3rd or 4th. Here's the original article in Finnish and here's the loose Google translation. This doesn't come as a huge surprise since Geddy Lee remarked in numerous interviews last week that the band was in discussions to tour Europe in the Spring of 2011. That said, this does seem to be the first semi-official confirmation that Rush will tour in 2011 from a major news source. It also gives us a better idea of the timing if indeed they'll be in Finland in early May. This would mean they'd be in Europe in the April-May, 2011 timeframe, and raises the question of whether any North American dates will occur before or after Europe."

There's speculation (but no real "official" word) that there will be North American dates before and after the UK dates.

Sounds promising...hopefully we get an official announcement from Rush soon! trink39.gif 1022.gif

This is indeed great news! I really hope they come back to Seattle but would like for it to be after the UK shows. I need time to save up for what is bound to be an expensive ticket. And come hell or high water, I am determined to get a front row seat this time.

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 18 2010, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 15 2010, 11:12 AM)
On RUSHISABAND.com this morning:

"Finnish television channel SuomiTV is reporting that Rush will play the Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland sometime in early May - likely May 3rd or 4th. Here's the original article in Finnish and here's the loose Google translation. This doesn't come as a huge surprise since Geddy Lee remarked in numerous interviews last week that the band was in discussions to tour Europe in the Spring of 2011. That said, this does seem to be the first semi-official confirmation that Rush will tour in 2011 from a major news source. It also gives us a better idea of the timing if indeed they'll be in Finland in early May. This would mean they'd be in Europe in the April-May, 2011 timeframe, and raises the question of whether any North American dates will occur before or after Europe."

There's speculation (but no real "official" word) that there will be North American dates before and after the UK dates.

Sounds promising...hopefully we get an official announcement from Rush soon! trink39.gif  1022.gif

This is indeed great news! I really hope they come back to Seattle but would like for it to be after the UK shows. I need time to save up for what is bound to be an expensive ticket. And come hell or high water, I am determined to get a front row seat this time.

No, what we need to do is get front row seats together!

firedevil.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 18 2010, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 18 2010, 05:02 PM)
So... Belfast next year by the sounds if it!

Jesus H. Rush on the island of Ireland. Will be glued to Radio Nova in the morning, I hope RIAB's source is a good one.

Rush will do great in Belfast and should sell out the Odyssey. Back in the early 80's I was one of many hundreds of fans from Belfast alone, to make the trip to England to see them.

Neil will enjoy a side trip to visit Bushmills, the oldest licensed Whiskey in the world... 1608. The 21yr single malt is exceptional. Also, Dunluce Castle and the Giants Causeway used for the Zeppelin album cover for Houses of The Holy.

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Nov 18 2010, 07:25 PM)

Jesus H. Rush on the island of Ireland. Will be glued to Radio Nova in the morning, I hope RIAB's source is a good one.

Rush will do great in Belfast and should sell out the Odyssey. Back in the early 80's I was one of many hundreds of fans from Belfast alone, to make the trip to England to see them.

Neil will enjoy a side trip to visit Bushmills, the oldest licensed Whiskey in the world... 1608. The 21yr single malt is exceptional. Also, Dunluce Castle and the Giants Causeway used for the Zeppelin album cover for Houses of The Holy.

The 21 is heaven. The 400 anniversary 1608 is TO DIE FOR!

Exciting times.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 18 2010, 07:50 PM)

Exciting times.

Just read an Irish messageboard, looks like Dublin was mentioned as well this morning on Radio Nova. Announcement tomorrow at 9am, apparently.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 18 2010, 08:55 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 18 2010, 07:50 PM)

Exciting times.

Just read an Irish messageboard, looks like Dublin was mentioned as well this morning on Radio Nova. Announcement tomorrow at 9am, apparently.

Just read riab.com - FFS are you kiddin' RUSH in Belfast - on my doorstep.

bring it on!!...a happy day in Belfast trink39.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 18 2010, 02:50 PM)

Exciting times.

I have to agree... the 1608 anniversary is quite something... glad I have two bottles left in my collection. The 12yr Distillery only isn't too shabby either.

QUOTE (nebbish @ Nov 18 2010, 09:30 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 18 2010, 10:07 PM)
have they ever played in Ireland before?

no... confused13.gif

I'm finding it hard to believe they're going to come to our windy little outpost in the North Atlantic....

Heading to Belfast and/or Dublin.....for me, a damn sight easier than the last 3 tours!!

We'll have to get our own shirt made:

RUSH TIME MACHINE MEGAHUGE IRISH TOUR 2011

Dublin o2 Arena

Belfast Odyssey Arena

Ah, that's it.

Woo hoo!

Anyway, fingers crossed, let's hope it isn't all a pile of horseshit. I'll believe it when I hear it.

I anticipate a Detroit date and I hope that it's at Pine Knob(DTE Energy Music Theater).

I can't wait!!! I hope we get an announcement before Thanksgiving!

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 18 2010, 06:33 PM)
Sorry, I've been racked over with multiple orgasms since HA&S rang me this evening Nebbish, we'll have a pint before the Odyssey show, great venue,  not the mention the O2 in Dub.....sorry......WHERE'S THE KLEENEX???? bolt.gif

ohmy.gif dazed025.gif Donal!

z7shysterical.gif bekloppt.gif

Edited by sundog

Are you guys serious?

RUSH in Ireland

This is too much - first a 30 year wait for Horslips and now RUSH

My wallet is taking some battering, but christ it`ll be worth it.

Hope to see some of you guys in Killarney next week at the first Horslips date

TIME MACHINE TOUR 2011

Rush has confirmed they will be extending the Time Machine Tour and coming to Europe this spring.

The following dates are confirmed, including Rush performing in Ireland for the first time ever.

More additional European announcements to come.

Thursday, May 12th Dublin O2

Saturday, May 14th Glasgow SECC

Monday, May 16th Sheffield Motorpoint Arena

Thursday, May 19th Manchester MEN Arena

Saturday, May 21st Newcastle Metro Radio Arena

Sunday, May 22nd Birmingham LG Arena

Wednesday, May 25th London O2

Rush.com members will be receiving a pre-sale notification on Monday, November 22nd that begins on Tuesday, November 23rd.

Tickets for the Time Machine Tour in Ireland & UK general on sale will commence at 9AM GMT on Friday, November 26th, 2010. Ticket links and details will be posted shortly.

Additional European dates will be announced shortly!

Also confirmed today, the Time Machine tour will return to North America for a selection of dates between March and July, primarily with Rush performing in markets not played on the previous tour run this summer.

Stay tuned to rush.com for more details!

QUOTE (carmetics @ Nov 19 2010, 05:38 AM)
Are you guys serious?
RUSH in Ireland
This is too much - first a 30 year wait for Horslips and now RUSH
My wallet is taking some battering, but christ it`ll be worth it.
Hope to see some of you guys in Killarney next week at the first Horslips date

We'll be in Killarney!!!!

Huge news. HUGE. The only fly in the ointement, and it's some fly, is The Wall is in the O2 May 23rd. So that wrecks any chance of doing all the Rush shows....

But I reckon my mini-tour will look like this:

Dublin

Glasgow

Manchester

London