The Office

Ted Barchetta

I really love this show. I love how you can really relate to alot of the characters; how personable they are. I like how even though Michael and Andy are kind of obnoxious and moronic; they're really nice guys on the inside and they care for their friends.

I think it's one of the most consistently excellent shows i've ever seen on TV.

Anybody else love this show as much as I do? biggrin.gif

I like the show a lot, the first four seasons are really strong and have some of the funniest moments ever in a sitcom. This season and last years haven't done much for me but it still has it's funny moments. Dwight is my favorite character and the stuff that Rain Wilson and Steve Carell come up with on the show is comedic genius. Only on TV can someone like Michael Scott be that big of an idiot, offend that many people and still keep his job laugh.gif

I love the pranks Jim pulls on Dwight. The stapler in the jello is an all time classic. All of them are pretty damn good though.

Aslo, thanks to this show I will forever have a crush on Jenna Fischer wub.gif

I got behind in watching this show this summer. Michael Scott has to be one of the most socially awkward people I've ever seen. He's train-wreck funny. Dwight is probably the funniest (and a bit spooky.)

I'm kinda disappointed with this season so far, a few moments of funny buried in an otherwise pretty lame episode. Like the baptism? What was up with that?

From Season 5....

Dwight Schrute: I got a knock knock joke.

Michael Scott: No... God...

Dwight Schrute: Michael please! Please please. Please! Please let me.

Michael Scott: Alright.

Dwight Schrute: Knock knock.

Michael Scott: Who's there.

Dwight Schrute: KGB.

Michael Scott: KGB who-- [Dwight slaps Michael]

Dwight Schrute: [in "Russian" accent] We Will Ask The Questions!

Michael Scott: What the hell was that! [tries to slap Dwight back]

Dwight Schrute: What are you doing!

Michael Scott: What are you doing?

Dwight Schrute: Hey! Hey! Stop it! Hey come on.

Michael Scott: You like that?

Dwight Schrute: What are you doing mine was part of a hilarious joke!

Michael Scott: Mine was retribution- what are you doing!? No more knock knock jokes! That's it.

Jim Halpert: Ding dong.

Michael Scott: Who's there?

Jim Halpert: KGB.

Michael Scott: Dwight get the door.

Dwight Schrute: I'm not answering the door.

Michael Scott: Answer the door.

Dwight Schrute: No way. It's the KGB.

Dwight Schrute: I'm not answering that!

[Dwight and Michael start arguing as Jim is still ringing the doorbell]

Michael Scott: Yes you're going to!

Dwight Schrute: I'm not going to answer it it's the KGB!--

Jim Halpert: [slaps Dwight] It's the KGB we wait for no one!

Michael Scott: Ha ha ha!

Dwight Schrute: [to camera] It's true.

Dwight Schrute: Ding dong.

Jim Halpert: Who is it?

Dwight Schrute: KGB.

Jim Halpert: Alright. I just got out of the shower I'll be one second.

Dwight Schrute: [in "Russian" accent] When you are done open the door. [long pause] Hello in there.

Jim Halpert: Yep-- I'm late for work so I have to brush my teeth it's a whole routine.

Dwight Schrute: We have other.. houses to visit.

Jim Halpert: If you wanna come back then that'd be fine.

Dwight Schrute: We will come back at... how is four forty-five?

Jim Halpert: I don't get home from work until around six.

Dwight Schrute: How 'bout... five fifteen.

Jim Halpert: You could try, that that might work.

Dwight Schrute: Very well we will come back at five fifteen.

Jim Halpert: Alright!

QUOTE (tel @ Nov 9 2010, 03:17 PM)
not seen the u.s version but i love the brit show,ricky gervais has great comic timing and a great supporting cast

The US show is very similar. They actually took some of the UK episodes and did them word-for-word... but not all in the same episode. Like one UK episode may be expanded to 2 or 3 US episodes. I really liked the UK version. Ricky Gervais saw the line of uncomfortable and jumped over it. SC in the managers role didn't always go quite as far, but I think he has in episodes like the Dinner Party and Diversity Training.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Great show, but I do think it's lost some edge in the last couple of seasons. With Steve Carell leaving, they really should start winding the show down, but I'm afraid they'll just keep going for another 3-4 seasons. sad.gif

Part of the brilliance of the UK version was that it was short and sweet, and didn't wear out its welcome. Plus the sory arc for David Brent at the end was brilliant, and I really hope they come up with something similar for Michael Scott.

And I REALLY hope they work in some kind of cameo with Ricky Gervais as David Brent before the end of the US version. yes.gif

Overall, I still prefer the UK version but the US version is very good.

I recently watched the story arc where Michael quits and starts his own paper company and then gets his job back. Some of Michael's best moments. He really hands it to David Wallace and Charles Miner.

"You don't know how high I can fly"

1022.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Nov 10 2010, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 10 2010, 12:36 PM)
One of the most uncomfortably funny episodes...

http://26.media.tumblr.com/7hu2U4T6Couz8a15eL8536k5o1_500.jpg

The show thrives on this kind of thing. biggrin.gif

The Watermelon Test

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Nov 12 2010, 02:29 AM)
Tonight's episode was kinda heartbreaking. I really feel bad for Andy. He and Erin belong together. sad.gif

Have you seen any of the UK episodes with Ricky Gervais? Just a query.

Tonight's episode was kinda heartbreaking. I really feel bad for Andy. He and Erin belong together. sad.gif

Andy and Erin are a good match for each other. It's nothing like how good Jim and Pam are for each other but they have the potential to be a very entertaining couple and help breathe some new life into the show a bit. I agree with Andy and Michael, there is nothing special at all about Gabe.

This was my favorite episode of the season so far.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 12 2010, 02:21 AM)
Tonight's episode was kinda heartbreaking. I really feel bad for Andy. He and Erin belong together.  sad.gif

Have you seen any of the UK episodes with Ricky Gervais? Just a query.

I've seen most of them. They are absolutely hilarious; I tend to enjoy british comedy more, but i have to say, due to the amount of time the US Office has been on the air, It has matured and I think it's actually pound for pound a better show than the UK version.

David Brent is a bit more insufferable than Michael; more cringe worthy.

Micheal annoyed the hell outta me in last night's episode. Like really pushing to be annoying, kinda went out of their way to force that last night.

My favorite "part" of this season was when everyone was sneezing on Dwight.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 12 2010, 04:21 PM)
Micheal annoyed the hell outta me in last night's episode. Like really pushing to be annoying, kinda went out of their way to force that last night.

My favorite "part" of this season was when everyone was sneezing on Dwight.

I didn't think he was being any more annoying or more of an ass than usual in the new episode . There have been several more episodes throughout the shows run where his annoyance level is through the roof and absoulutely untolerable. There been a few ocassions where i've wanted to just punch him in the face, how he acted at Phyllis' wedding immediately comes to mind, but this espisode I didn't at all.

Still, the funny stuff he says/does outweighs the extremely annoying stuff.