Let's show some love for Hemispheres!

Ted Barchetta

La Villa!

It really is the perfect Rush album. In recent times Hemispheres has been my #1 album. PeW is my "other" #1. Hemispheres is the only one that ever takes its place.

Current Top 5

1. Hemispheres

2. Permanent Waves

3. AFTK

4. Moving Pictures

5. 2112

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Oct 17 2010, 09:24 PM)
I love this album so much; The music, the singing, the arrangements and the concepts; It's all so damn good!

Maybe i'm on a contact high from just playing through the whole thing on bass, but I just can't stop thinking about how kickass this album is! WAH!

So? What is the thing you love most about Hemispherescool.gif

Yes, I love this album, it's just...

WAIT!!! - you buried the lead... You played this whole album on the bass??

notworthy.gif

What do I love most about this album? Well, it was the first Rush album I was made to sit and just listen to so it has a special place in my heart. It opened my ears and eyes to this band. La Villa Strangiato was life changing.

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Oct 17 2010, 09:24 PM)
I love this album so much; The music, the singing, the arrangements and the concepts; It's all so damn good!

Maybe i'm on a contact high from just playing through the whole thing on bass, but I just can't stop thinking about how kickass this album is! WAH!

So? What is the thing you love most about Hemispheres? cool.gif

EPIC PERFECTION.

Best Rush album ever. Best album ever.

Yep, it's my favorite Rush album as well. I thunk it's the peak of their progressive period and Geddys voice is just awesome. He would never wail like that again. An intense record all around. I bought it the year it came out and I was only 9'at the time. I remember the stoner in the checkout line behind me with the album in his hands as well. He was really surprised to see a kid like men using that album. Oh,'and it was the limits edition red vinyl version. I bought two at the time; one to play and one to collect. It's still sealed as a matter of fact!

QUOTE (RobW @ Oct 21 2010, 07:32 PM)
La Villa!

It really is the perfect Rush album. In recent times Hemispheres has been my #1 album. PeW is my "other" #1. Hemispheres is the only one that ever takes its place.

Current Top 5
1. Hemispheres
2. Permanent Waves
3. AFTK
4. Moving Pictures
5. 2112

Nice choices trink39.gif Don't think these 5 gems will change for a long time in ranking, if ever smile.gif

1. MP

2. PeW

3. 2112

4. Hemi

5. AFTK

For me, Hemispheres is a close second to Permanent Waves, and just ahead of Moving Pictures. But I agree with everyone else, it consists of four songs which are close to perfect in every way.

My interesting (well, at least to me) Hemispheres story. The first time I heard the album was on a German club field trip to downtown Chicago. My friend had a boom box and bought two cassettes during the day, one of which was Hemispheres. So the first time I heard it was on a crowded bus. Still, the greatness of the album was evident from the first listen.

Ironically enough, the other tape was one from the Village People. He was booed when he put that tape in and was eventually forced to stop the tape.

It floats around my top 3

Anyone here fly United Airlines? Their in-flight magazine is called Hemispheres, and whenever I open it up, I always expect to hear the opening Hemispheres chord.

Anyhow, the album is truly a masterpiece. I can't even guess how many listens it took me to process all of the detail and intricacies within. I love that they went through this ambitious phase.

Archived