yearbook quote?

FORCE10

I'm a senior in high school right now, and my school asks every student for a quote to put next to their picture in the yearbook. Obviously, I want my quote to be from a Rush song. Any ideas for some epic quotes that would be good for my yearbook? Thanks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (FORCE10 @ Oct 12 2010, 02:19 PM)
I'm a senior in high school right now, and my school asks every student for a quote to put next to their picture in the yearbook.  Obviously, I want my quote to be from a Rush song.  Any ideas for some epic quotes that would be good for my yearbook? Thanks.

I would have wanted to do the same thing, but somehow I didn't get the memo, so my picture is devoid of a caption while others do have them. My options would only have been Power Windows or earlier albums.

I would say "everyday we're standing in a time capsule racing down a river from the past". Maybe?

or put the line in about "facing down the future coming fast" - very appropriate for a graduating senior.

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Oct 12 2010, 10:32 AM)
marathon is like a 6 minute long yearbook quote! you could probably find something in there smile.gif

"you can do a lot in a life time, if you don't burnout too fast. You can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance, first you gotta last..."

Made that my facebook status for today. smile.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 12 2010, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Oct 12 2010, 01:41 PM)
"When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find and when I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind."

goodpost.gif

That would be my pick, too. trink39.gif

or

music.gif Just one more

who's searching for

the world that ought to be music.gif

Mine was a U2 quote.

uh-oh bolt.gif

Bah, forget the Rush quotes.

Say that for the next ten years all you want to do is party your ass off and bang as many broads as you can.

QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 12 2010, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 12 2010, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Oct 12 2010, 01:41 PM)
"When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find and when I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind."

goodpost.gif

That would be my pick, too. trink39.gif

Same! smile.gif

I wasn't into Rush in high school, but what seems to fit about that era:

Growing up, it all seemed so one-sided

Opinions all provided

The future pre-decided

Detached and subdivided

In the mass production zone

Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit so alone.

Just remember, if you choose not to decide what your quote's going to be, you still have made a choice. laugh.gif

I could have sworn that my Rush-loving friend in high school wrote those lyrics in one of my yearbooks, but I can't find it. I do remember him pointedly singing that line to me whenever we'd listen to the song...he loved that quote.

Oh, and my yearbook song quote is from Pink Floyd's On The Turning Away: "Just a world that we all must share/it's not enough just to stand and stare/is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away". Not Rush, but still a song I stand by to this day (and I'm pushing 40).

Damnit, I wish I was into Rush as I am now during graduation time. I was only just getting into them not long before graduation day and hadn't even heard 1/5 of their discography! But anyway, why hasn't Mission been brought up? Or has it and I just can't see it? laugh.gif Very appropriate song for graduating, IMO.

Archived