GH: 2112 video

Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 4 2010, 06:05 PM)
We bought this on Saturday and played it a few hours and aren't even close to finishing it.

I HATE that you have to go through the whole game to unlock 2112.....I love playing guitar hero and Rock Band dont get me wrong...I'm just getting really impatient to play the whole album!

I used to plan on "Expert" on Guitar, but haven't played much in a year so been playing on "hard"

It's unlocked after you transform 4 characters... it's the first song unlocked! I have unlocked it!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Oct 5 2010, 01:53 AM)
QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Oct 5 2010, 01:40 AM)
QUOTE (Megadeth @ Oct 4 2010, 07:52 PM)
the vocals and guitar sound different from the studio version

It's probably not the original version of the song, but re-recorded by different musicians. That's done with some songs in Rock Band and Guitar Hero to save on having to pay for copyrights.

It's definitely Rush playing and narrating yes.gif

Before the song starts, it says "as narrated by the members of Rush" or something to that effect.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Oct 4 2010, 04:30 PM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Oct 4 2010, 03:52 PM)
It's sitting in my bedroom and I'll have to wait till I'm back from LA to play it fists crying.gif

that's ok...I was gonna pick it up this past weekend, but, alas, bills took priority. Have to wait until next pay day... sad.gif

Ok, so I broke down and bought it today. Unfortunately, you can't just put it in and start playing 2112, you have to unlock it! But, other than the singing, I totally suck at this. So, at this rate, I will NEVER get to play it! laugh.gif

See you in a few days...when I FINALLY get this crap done! cool.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Oct 8 2010, 01:42 AM)
It's sitting in my bedroom and I'll have to wait till I'm back from LA to play it fists crying.gif

that's ok...I was gonna pick it up this past weekend, but, alas, bills took priority. Have to wait until next pay day... sad.gif

Ok, so I broke down and bought it today. Unfortunately, you can't just put it in and start playing 2112, you have to unlock it! But, other than the singing, I totally suck at this. So, at this rate, I will NEVER get to play it! laugh.gif

There's bound to be a cheat somewhere!

Some of the images in there look pretty old, esp the grand finale part near the end. Anyone know if that was actually footage they used in concert back then?

Speaking of: Im surprised noone's been able to obtain some of the classic videos used on the Hemispheres and other classic-era tours and posted it on youtube. If we cant get the actual shows (terrible we cant) then maybe at least we can see some video... Ok im off my soapbox now...

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Oct 8 2010, 02:46 AM)

I'm sure there is. If there is, I know my son will find it! cool.gif

He's a little master gamer...always kicking my ass! laugh.gif

This is awesome. How could anyone play this and not come away thinking Rush is just a fantastic rock band or in particular that Alex isn't one of the greatest guitarists ever? It just puts the focus squarly on the musicianship of this band.

This should definitely generate some new fans.

Top Unlock All Characters:

Enter Blue, Green, Green, Red, Green, Red, Yellow, Blue as a cheat code.

Unlock All Venues:

Enter Red, Blue, Blue, Red, Red, Blue, Blue, Red as a cheat code.

Absolutely Nothing:

Enter Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green, Green as a cheat code.

Air Instruments:

Enter Yellow, Red, Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Green, Green, as a cheat code.

All HoPo:

Enter Green, Green, Green, Blue, Green, Green, Green, Yellow as a cheat code.

Always Slide:

Enter Blue, Green, Green, Red, Red, Yellow, Blue, Yellow as a cheat code. (prevents trophies/achievements)

Colour Shuffle:

Enter Blue, Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, Red, Yellow as a cheat code.

Focus Mode:

Enter Green, Yellow, Green, Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Green as a cheat code.

HUD free mode:

Enter Green, Green, Red, Green, Green, Yellow, Green, Green as a cheat code.

Invisable Rocker:

Enter Green, Green, Red, Yellow, Yellow, Yellow, Blue, Blue as a cheat code.

Mirror Gems:

Enter Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, Green, Yellow, Red, Blue as a cheat code.

Performance Mode:

Enter Red, Yellow, Yellow, Blue, Red, Blue, Green, Red as a cheat code.

Random Gems:

Enter Blue, Blue, Red, Blue, Green, Green, Red, Green as a cheat code.

Super User:

Enter Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, Yellow, Red, Blue, Green as a cheat code.(pre release version of the game only)

there is no cheat to unlock all songs on this game. I learned that the hard way. lmao but I eventually just played and unlocked the song and its badass to play!

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 10 2010, 10:30 AM)
Anyone figger out which version this is??

It's definitely Rush, and it's definitely not the studio version

It's a new studio version. They went in to the studio and recorded a new version of it I guess. Thats what I've heard.

I think it's awesome how the whole song's on there. I just got the game and I've played through 2112 and it's amazing. I do the vocals, and sometimes the guitar.

Very enjoyable.

2.gif on!!!

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Oct 8 2010, 02:46 AM)

My cheat is my 10 year old son who unlocked the whole 2112 suite for me this weekend. What a great kid I have!! common001.gif common001.gif He was stoked when he finally got to play it! He was so proud, he texted me while I was at work! Oh Ged, I love that kid of mine! wub.gif

QUOTE (tkdryan @ Oct 10 2010, 11:36 PM)
holy crap  is that you playing the game?

Wait, who are you talking about?

But, if me, no, wish though. tongue.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Oct 4 2010, 05:23 PM)
More 2112.

Needs more Cygnus X-1 I and II

Needs the discography.

They should make a Rush Guitar Hero game. Like the Van Halen and Aerosmith games (except good....).

They could have the game start playing local clubs with Rutsey, then go through history.

The only problem would be that they would have to split Geddy in two... and two Geddy's might cause the apocalypse.

QUOTE (Homer J @ Oct 12 2010, 05:14 AM)
So, who else thinks the boys should perform this during their next tour, narration and all?

Eh..... it might be cool to incorperate GH into the one of the videos that opens the sets, but I think I'd rather hear 2112 as it is on the album in a live setting.

I picked up the game on Saturday night. I had 2112 unlocked on Sunday morning (after a few hours of playing it).

I think they did an exceptional job capturing the spirit of the song; both in the narration and the guitar action. I highly recommend this game for fans of GH and (of course) RUSH. 1022.gif

2.gif

PLEASE HELP ME...I have an old xbox and have been planning to get an xbox360 for a while now. Not really for this game, but for Madden and some other shooter games.

BUT...I have had enough... I am gonna get this Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock so I can jam some 2112 RUSH.

So...

I am getting the following:

XBOX 360

Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock with Guitar.

MY QUESTIONS ARE: If I just get the GH Warriors of Rock and it only comes with 2112, where and how can I get ALL AND ANY other RUSH songs available for this? What are the other songs available?

Do I have to buy other full versions of GH? Or an I just download ALL the RUSH songs that they have available?

Also, I will be able to get codes somewhere on the internet to jump straight to 2112...right?

One more thing, is there a certain guitar that I can get that looks more like one of Alex's or Geddy's?

Basically, I want all RUSH and want to find out what the best way to go about doing it would be. I have never played this game before but since everyone seems to love this and you can play RUSH I am just gonna get it. Especially now with all the free time I have on my hands.

Thanks in advance...

Marc

Archived