GH: 2112 video

Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Oct 12 2010, 11:14 AM)
PLEASE HELP ME...I have an old xbox and have been planning to get an xbox360 for a while now. Not really for this game, but for Madden and some other shooter games.

BUT...I have had enough... I am gonna get this Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock so I can jam some 2112 RUSH.

So...

I am getting the following:

XBOX 360
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock with Guitar.

MY QUESTIONS ARE: If I just get the GH Warriors of Rock and it only comes with 2112, where and how can I get ALL AND ANY other RUSH songs available for this? What are the other songs available?

Do I have to buy other full versions of GH? Or an I just download ALL the RUSH songs that they have available?

Also, I will be able to get codes somewhere on the internet to jump straight to 2112...right?

One more thing, is there a certain guitar that I can get that looks more like one of Alex's or Geddy's?

Basically, I want all RUSH and want to find out what the best way to go about doing it would be. I have never played this game before but since everyone seems to love this and you can play RUSH I am just gonna get it. Especially now with all the free time I have on my hands.

Thanks in advance...
Marc

As far as I know, the best place to download tracks is with Rock band, not GH... I know Rock band has all of Moving Pictures... not sure about other songs.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PLEASE HELP ME...I have an old xbox and have been planning to get an xbox360 for a while now. Not really for this game, but for Madden and some other shooter games.

BUT...I have had enough... I am gonna get this Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock so I can jam some 2112 RUSH.

So...

XBOX 360

MY QUESTIONS ARE: If I just get the GH Warriors of Rock and it only comes with 2112, where and how can I get ALL AND ANY other RUSH songs available for this? What are the other songs available?

Do I have to buy other full versions of GH? Or an I just download ALL the RUSH songs that they have available?

Also, I will be able to get codes somewhere on the internet to jump straight to 2112...right?

One more thing, is there a certain guitar that I can get that looks more like one of Alex's or Geddy's?

Basically, I want all RUSH and want to find out what the best way to go about doing it would be. I have never played this game before but since everyone seems to love this and you can play RUSH I am just gonna get it. Especially now with all the free time I have on my hands.

Thanks in advance...
Marc

Well, here's the thing. The GH series has only seen two other Rush songs, YYZ on GH: Smash Hits (and GH2 but it was a cover) and a live version of TSoR on Guitar Hero 5. Since those songs are on disc-based releases, you need to get a certain code from each game's manual and pay an additional fee to be able to export to GH: WoR. So you'll probably need to go get a copy of both games, and more than likely new copies since most, if not all, used copies will have no working code. I'm not too sure on where that code is inserted, I'd try to find out right now but I can't be bothered. sad.gif

However, the Rock Band side has an alternate version of The Trees in RB2, as well as Closer to the Heart, an alt. version of Working Man and the whole Moving Pictures album as downloadable content. No clue if future DLC for the GH side will have any Rush but I'm assuming there will be future Rush songs on the RB side, especially now with its keyboard controller.

Regarding your other questions, I've heard there's no code to unlock all songs but I'm not certain. Looks like you'll need to play the game's story. (But hey, you get to hear some cool narration from the guys!) As for a guitar resembling Geddy's or Alex's, I'm not certain. (I don't have the game, btw.) Hope I cleared some stuff up for you.

So...

XBOX 360

Thanks in advance...
Marc

I have Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

Rock Band has much more Rush songs. It has all of Moving Pictures, Closer to the Heart, Working Man, The Trees

Guitar Hero has different games with like 1 Rush song. Spirit of Radio is on one of them, but there are no Rush downloads available through Guitar Hero. If your objective is to play as much Rush as possible, I'd recommed you buy Rock Band 2, then download all the Rush stuff...

QUOTE (vnslykrx @ Oct 10 2010, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 10 2010, 10:30 AM)
Anyone figger out which version this is??

It's definitely Rush, and it's definitely not the studio version

It's a new studio version. They went in to the studio and recorded a new version of it I guess. Thats what I've heard.

Have you heard Geddy singing this? There's no way that's the Geddy Lee of today. Sounds more like the Geddy of the 70's...some vault edition they had, or maybe a Live Version, but Rush did NOT go back into the studio for this game specifically

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 12 2010, 12:03 PM)
QUOTE (vnslykrx @ Oct 10 2010, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 10 2010, 10:30 AM)
Anyone figger out which version this is??

It's definitely Rush, and it's definitely not the studio version

It's a new studio version. They went in to the studio and recorded a new version of it I guess. Thats what I've heard.

Have you heard Geddy singing this? There's no way that's the Geddy Lee of today. Sounds more like the Geddy of the 70's...some vault edition they had, or maybe a Live Version, but Rush did NOT go back into the studio for this game specifically

Sounds a lot like the Overture/Temples from St Louis '80.

If you're just getting GH WoR only for RUSH songs, you may want to pass on it. However, it does have some really good songs by other artists. I had fun unlocking 2112 and there are many songs that I plan on going back and playing again. I'm not sure that 2112 alone is worth the pricetag (mine was about $60 from Gamestop, for the Wii).

I will echo others by saying that Rock Band has a much wider selection of RUSH songs. They are downloadable but they do cost extra...can't remember what I paid but it wasn't too much. RB might be the way to go if you're looking for a larger selection of just RUSH. However, I've always liked the GH look and feel better than RB (just personal preference).

To be perfectly honest, I've only played the RUSH songs on RB a couple of times. I never felt the desire to play them repeatedly. I can see myself going back and playing 2112 many times. It's really that well done!!

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Oct 12 2010, 11:53 AM)

As far as I know, the best place to download tracks is with Rock band, not GH... I know Rock band has all of Moving Pictures... not sure about other songs.

That is one of the main reasons I went with Rock Band instead of GH.

Too bad...

Archived