40th Anniversary Tour in 2014

losingit2k

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Sep 25 2010, 02:25 PM)
no there wont be, because they have only put out one album since R30

Actually when it's time for R40 they would've released Clockwork Angels before that.

So that would be two new studio albums between R30 and 40, right? biggrin.gif

C'mon, they aren't THAT OLD. For all we know, they could pull a DIO and go, and go, until one of them gets cancer and dies.

Oh Noes.... R.I.P. Dio. sad.gif

I mean, look at Tony Iommi, he's in his sixties, just lost his frontman, and is already back in the studio.

If he can do it, they sure can.

As Rush fans, we've been spoiled rotten. It would be great if they do something beyond next year's album and tour, but you never know when time will catch up with one of them or maybe Neil decides he needs to stay home with his kid.

I first saw them on the Signals tour. I never thought that they'd be around almost 30 years later. It's really been an embarassment of riches if you know what I mean.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Sep 25 2010, 11:17 PM)
we have been spoiled...but I think theres a good chance we see this.

R40 and out.

You know, we have been spoiled! The past decade or so has been a fabulous time to be a Rush fan. In so many ways, I think they're better than ever. We are a lucky bunch, aren't we!!!!!

QUOTE (ZivotSon @ Sep 25 2010, 10:08 PM)
As Rush fans, we've been spoiled rotten. It would be great if they do something beyond next year's album and tour, but you never know when time will catch up with one of them or maybe Neil decides he needs to stay home with his kid.

I first saw them on the Signals tour. I never thought that they'd be around almost 30 years later. It's really been an embarassment of riches if you know what I mean.

i guess from a touring standpoint yes. they've done things their way no doubt but whether or not you liked the music they've been churning out over the last 5-6 records is a another story. there's something for everybody i guess.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 25 2010, 01:50 PM)
I think there's a good possibility that an R40 tour will happen. It makes sense to since after the CA tour it'll give them a few years to rest up before they hit the road again.

Maybe the set can go like this:

Set 1

The Spirit Of Radio
Distant Early Warning
The Analog Kid
Presto
Armor & Sword
Leave That Thing Alone
Manhattan Project
The Body Electric
Open Secrets
Caravan (or another CA song)
Xanadu
Dreamline

Set 2

Tom Sawyer
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Cut To The Chase
Something For Nothing
Jacob's Ladder
MalNar/Drum Solo/Hope
Natural Science
Red Barchetta
Freewill
YYZ

Encore:
Cinderella Man
La Villa Strangiato
Fly By Night

I tried to keep the set somewhat realistic biggrin.gif

I Love the set, Manhattan Project into The Body Electric into Open Secrets is great! Ithe set really works for me except Leave that thing alone! Replace it with any other instrumental preferably MalNat and you have my vote!

1022.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 26 2010, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 25 2010, 01:50 PM)
I think there's a good possibility that an R40 tour will happen. It makes sense to since after the CA tour it'll give them a few years to rest up before they hit the road again.

Maybe the set can go like this:

Set 1

The Spirit Of Radio
Distant Early Warning
The Analog Kid
Presto
Armor & Sword
Leave That Thing Alone
Manhattan Project
The Body Electric
Open Secrets
Caravan (or another CA song)
Xanadu
Dreamline

Set 2

Tom Sawyer
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Cut To The Chase
Something For Nothing
Jacob's Ladder
MalNar/Drum Solo/Hope
Natural Science
Red Barchetta
Freewill
YYZ

Encore:
Cinderella Man
La Villa Strangiato
Fly By Night

I tried to keep the set somewhat realistic biggrin.gif

I Love the set, Manhattan Project into The Body Electric into Open Secrets is great! Ithe set really works for me except Leave that thing alone! Replace it with any other instrumental preferably MalNat and you have my vote!

1022.gif

not a bad setlist.

here are some of my changes.

replace distant early warning with the enemy within

manhattan project with territories or middletown dreams

dreamline with earthshine

freewill with entre nous

fly by night with in the end

the camera eye with hemispheres(at least just a part of it)

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 24 2010, 07:19 PM)
You think the guys will have a 40th Anniversary Tour in 2014 following the Clockwork Angels Tour? I turely hope so! The 30th Anniversary tour was great! Great Visuals, sound and set! I hope this one will be even better!

What's your Wish Set list!
( try to represent Every Album and Please Use the Staples they will!)

Set 1:

40th Anniversary Instrumental Medley:
(Finding my Way/Anthem/The Necromance/Something for Nothing/
Cygnus X-1/Hemisphere (Prelude)/Freewill)
Tom Sawyer
The Big Money
Lock And Key
Caravan
MalNar
Show Don't Tell
Cut to the Chase
Bastille Day
Farwell to Kings
Natural Science

Set 2:

Far Cry
Test For Echo
Coutdown
Middletown Dreams
Red Barchetta
Secret Touch
Where's My Thing
Drum Solo
Broone's Bane/ The Trees
Jacobs Ladder
Distant Early Warnings
Limelight

Encore:

2112 Overture/ Temples
YYZ
Xanadu
2112 Finale

That will Rock!

1022.gif

Yes! It will happen. Final Tour.

Ever since the boys did R30 I haved always thought that they will do R40. It seems fitting that as they are still enjoying themselves and still in touring mode that they will probably do this as some sort of final tour but one that they will not announce as such. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 27 2010, 06:12 AM)
i'm thinking it won't happen since that's when i'm thinking the album following clockwork will be out and toured for.
besides, it just seems too much of a repeat of R30 (not that that's bad)

i agree. it didn't even cross my mind and i highly doubt they will do an r40 tour. they've been there done that with r30.

Okay, but consider this: we're talking about 2014 for a possible R40 tour.

They toured in 2007-2008.

They toured two years later in 2010.

There will be a tour in 2011-2012.

If they keep up this loose pattern of touring every two years, logically, they should be on the road in 2014. It seems to me, they would need a reason to not do a R40 tour in 2014. It's too big a milestone and they're in touring mode right now... I can't see them passing up the opportunity.

My only guess is that they wouldn't necessarily call it R40, they might call it something else.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 27 2010, 07:27 AM)

If they keep up this loose pattern of touring every two years, logically, they should be on the road in 2014. It seems to me, they would need a reason to not do a R40 tour in 2014. It's too big a milestone and they're in touring mode right now... I can't see them passing up the opportunity.

My only guess is that they wouldn't necessarily call it R40, they might call it something else.

life begins after 40 tour old.gif

seriously i think we're talking a very slim chance here of r40.

i'd rather see a b-side tour.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 27 2010, 07:34 AM)

Okay, but why? Because they won't want to? Because they'll be retired by then? Because of some other reason? I mean, I think it's likely, but it's definitely not guaranteed. Why do you think it's unlikely?

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 27 2010, 08:42 AM)

Okay, but why? Because they won't want to? Because they'll be retired by then? Because of some other reason? I mean, I think it's likely, but it's definitely not guaranteed. Why do you think it's unlikely?

i could be wrong but i just think that they've done the anniversary tour thing and if they did anything it would be something different.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 27 2010, 07:51 AM)

i could be wrong but i just think that they've done the anniversary tour thing and if they did anything it would be something different.

So, because they won't want to repeat themselves... that's fair. I can see that. That's possible. But I do still think they'll do something to commemorate the anniversary.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 27 2010, 09:00 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 27 2010, 07:51 AM)

So, because they won't want to repeat themselves... that's fair. I can see that. That's possible. But I do still think they'll do something to commemorate the anniversary.

whatever they decide man. i won't be holding my breath on my end. laugh.gif

Honestly, I hope retirement isn't on the agenda in the next few years. They're not old. They're not young, but they're not that old wink.gif I cringe when I consider the possibility that they do the World Retirement Tour, and then do another one... and another one... and another one... with a new album or two thrown in...

How many times has Kiss retired? Eight? Ten?

And lord help me if they decide to retire and split up to do solo projects and then reform to do a reunion tour, like the Eagles, the Police, Van Halen, and just about every other washed up band that finally ran out of money from when they were superstars. I mean, I wouldn't think they could get away with that this far into their careers, but stranger things have happened.

Archived