40th Anniversary Tour in 2014

losingit2k

You think the guys will have a 40th Anniversary Tour in 2014 following the Clockwork Angels Tour? I turely hope so! The 30th Anniversary tour was great! Great Visuals, sound and set! I hope this one will be even better!

What's your Wish Set list!

( try to represent Every Album and Please Use the Staples they will!)

Set 1:

40th Anniversary Instrumental Medley:

(Finding my Way/Anthem/The Necromance/Something for Nothing/

Cygnus X-1/Hemisphere (Prelude)/Freewill)

Tom Sawyer

The Big Money

Lock And Key

Caravan

MalNar

Show Don't Tell

Cut to the Chase

Bastille Day

Farwell to Kings

Natural Science

Set 2:

Far Cry

Test For Echo

Coutdown

Middletown Dreams

Red Barchetta

Secret Touch

Where's My Thing

Drum Solo

Broone's Bane/ The Trees

Jacobs Ladder

Distant Early Warnings

Limelight

Encore:

2112 Overture/ Temples

YYZ

Xanadu

2112 Finale

That will Rock!

1022.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Sep 24 2010, 09:30 PM)
No.

But why not?

confused13.gif

To close to the Clockwork Angels Tour? Geddy will be trying out for the Blue Jays? Neil would be stuck on a barge as he's attempting to Cycle the World? Alex is in the US Open? Why not?

confused13.gif

Set 1:

(Finding my Way/Anthem/Cygnus X-1/Hemispheres (Prelude)/By-Tor and the Snow Dog)

Tom Sawyer

Animate

Show Don't Tell

Cold Fire

Big Money

New World Man

Lock And Key

Dreamline

Natural Science

Distant Early Warning

Set 2:

Far Cry

Test For Echo

Entre Nous

Territories/YYZ

Red Barchetta

Secret Touch

Where's My Thing/Limbo/MalNar

Drum Solo

Broone's Bane/ The Trees

Xanadu

Subdivisions

Between The Wheels

Spirit Of Radio

Encore:

2112 (Overture/Temples)/La Villa Strangiato/Working Man/2112 (Finale)

Limelight

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 24 2010, 10:19 PM)
You think the guys will have a 40th Anniversary Tour in 2014 following the Clockwork Angels Tour? I turely hope so! The 30th Anniversary tour was great! Great Visuals, sound and set! I hope this one will be even better!

At this point, the band's business model is TOUR, TOUR, TOUR. Any excuse to have a tour is a good one for them. If they're still able to play and tour on their 40th anniversary, they will.

If Geddy's voice isn't blown to bits. And Neil is still up for it. And Alex. . .well, I expect Alex to announce these plans for 2014 sometime within the next six months, along with a setlist that will get everyone's hopes sky-high before ultimately dashing them to smithereens.

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 24 2010, 10:02 PM)
If Geddy's voice isn't blown to bits. And Neil is still up for it. And Alex. . .well, I expect Alex to announce these plans for 2014 sometime within the next six months, along with a setlist that will get everyone's hopes sky-high before ultimately dashing them to smithereens.

yes.gif

If Geddy's voice isn't blown to bits.  And Neil is still up for it.  And Alex. . .well, I expect Alex to announce these plans for 2014 sometime within the next six months, along with a setlist that will get everyone's hopes sky-high before ultimately dashing them to smithereens.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

"We're gonna play Hemispheres, 2112, The Necromancer, and the entire Permanent Waves album...with a full orchestra!"

Alex said he wouldn't mind doing R40... I can see it happening. This tour then next year for Clockwork Angels and then it's only like 2 years till R40 and then they will prolly hang it up.

Seems very likely if you ask me.

Sounds good to me....

R40.....World Farewell Tour

Opening Night - 1/1/ 14......Rio.......Closing Night - 12/31/14......Toronto

They should play multiple nights at each venue.

Two shows at Red Rocks....Two shows at SPAC,NY..... Two show in San Diego....etc. etc...

Go out with a bang!!!!!!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 24 2010, 07:59 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 24 2010, 10:19 PM)

At this point, the band's business model is TOUR, TOUR, TOUR. Any excuse to have a tour is a good one for them. If they're still able to play and tour on their 40th anniversary, they will.

goodpost.gif

If they do great! I'll more than likely go see it!

If they don't I won't be bent out of shape about it. They've had a lasting career imo. They've said in the past they won't tell us, "hey after this that's that, we're retiring." Alex has said there likely will be another/more album(s) after Clockwork Angels. Whatever happens happens.

I think with how much fun they are having touring these days and how much they have said they would still like to do as a band they will still be around and tour for R40. They have said they still haven't written their best song yet...

And as for a final tour, they said a while back that when they know they will let us know

And for anyone who saw a show on this tour, they are still at the top of their game. Why stop when you are doing what you love to do, do it amazingly well, and get paid for it. What other band have been recording consistently for so long and still have a huge fan base that grows continuously?

As long as they can keep doing it they will.

R40...likely

R50...?

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 24 2010, 09:19 PM)

What's your Wish Set list!
( try to represent Every Album and Please Use the Staples they will!)

Set 1:

(Finding my Way/Anthem/The Necromance/Something for Nothing/
Cygnus X-1/Hemisphere (Prelude)/Freewill)
Tom Sawyer
The Big Money
Lock And Key
Caravan
MalNar
Show Don't Tell
Cut to the Chase
Bastille Day
Farwell to Kings
Natural Science

Set 2:

Far Cry
Test For Echo
Coutdown
Middletown Dreams
Red Barchetta
Secret Touch
Where's My Thing
Drum Solo
Broone's Bane/ The Trees
Jacobs Ladder
Distant Early Warnings
Limelight

Encore:

2112 Overture/ Temples
YYZ
Xanadu
2112 Finale

That will Rock!

1022.gif

I don't know, man. I think it's possible, but too far forward to speculate about. Would be a good farewell/retirement tour, though...

Absolutely this will happen.

What a great way to close out a beyond stellar career.

Start making plans to see R40 NOW!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Very likely. The timing is right, being about 2-3 years after the Clockwork Angels tour. If they don't hang it up after Clockwork Angels, and nothing catastrophic happens to anyone's family, it's practically a given.

If I were a betting man... I'd give it about a 80% chance of happening at this time.

I hope they play Still No Guitar again.

tongue.gif

+1

i hope i hear him use the word "revamp" again. laugh.gif

I think there's a good possibility that an R40 tour will happen. It makes sense to since after the CA tour it'll give them a few years to rest up before they hit the road again.

Maybe the set can go like this:

Set 1

The Spirit Of Radio

Distant Early Warning

The Analog Kid

Presto

Armor & Sword

Leave That Thing Alone

Manhattan Project

The Body Electric

Open Secrets

Caravan (or another CA song)