Reefer & Rush

jacob's ladder

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 24 2010, 07:01 AM)
QUOTE (RobW @ Sep 23 2010, 05:46 PM)
yeah, but what's the percentage of those that smoke up Before And After the show?  cool10.gif

And then they drive home! In the same flow of traffic with those of us who aren't high! Something I always look forward to on my ride home, as do the local cops.

Pot heads are safer then drunks on the road any day, in all my years of 911 service as a first responder it is drunks we find in the wrecks not pot heads, and it is the other guy that dies not the drunk. confused13.gif

I don't think people light up depending on the material they're playing at the show, but I do think they light up when the appropriate song is played.

I didn't notice the fragrance at the show I went to in Irvine until Moving Pictures, but when they started MP, it seemed the whole section around me was lighting up. I think a lot of tokers time it according to the song.

On the S & A tour, it was needless to say that when they played Passage to Bangkok during the Encore, that was a very 'popular' time to light up.

LOL

I saw the title of this thread and started laughing... tongue.gif

Yes, I used to practice the 'Rush & Reefer' thing myself. There was a time way back when.... lol biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Sep 24 2010, 01:12 PM)
Everybody would like CoS more if they listened to it the right way. cool10.gif

I partake...a lot.....but not during a show. Of course it doesn't bother me if someone around me is, but I'd rather be courteous to the people around me that don't enjoy it.

i can listen to CoS and enjoy it without the bud. cool.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Sep 23 2010, 02:48 PM)
I'm consistently surprised by how little of that seems to go on at Rush gigs!

Agreed - never did I come home from Rush reeking of pot... now, Pantera was a different story! My friends and I hopped into the car after a Pantera concert, and once we all shut the doors, we couldn't believe how we all smelt of pot! And none of us smoked any, of course...

besides, I always thought Rush was an Acid Rock band...

http://www.egodeath.com/rushlyrics.htm wink.gif laugh.gif

I put on the headphones the other day and listened to Xanadu and thought, "wow this would be really awesome if I still smoked weed". But the reality is it's just fine without it.

BTW, I prefer the original recording to any subsequent live effort but ESL is a close second.

QUOTE (Ceiling Limited Squishy @ Sep 25 2010, 08:44 AM)
Let people enjoy themselves! Rush are a stoner's band cool10.gif biggrin.gif Seriously, you really can't get high on one person smoking up...as much as many of us wish you could! And they say *we're* the paranoid ones!

And you can't stop people doing something just because you don't like it...Oi! Stop drinking disgusting beers you lot! laugh.gif

Is fine. Smoke all you want. . .but if you light one up next to me I'm going to request nicely, and probably with profuse and abject apologies, to extinguish it. The stuff gives me migraines - talk about something that ruins a show for you, it's a migraine.

Don't like it....stay home. YOU KNOW IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN BEFOREHAND. Even if i did not smoke it (which i do) I would not give the next guy any grief about it, it's a staple of rock concerts and i knew that going in. Smoked a bunch last night at Houston....if you were there you probably smelled it. yes.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Sep 24 2010, 11:12 AM)
Everybody would like CoS more if they listened to it the right way. cool10.gif

I partake...a lot.....but not during a show. Of course it doesn't bother me if someone around me is, but I'd rather be courteous to the people around me that don't enjoy it.

Let me publicly thank you VERY much for this and for your attitude. I sincerely wish more people were like you.

You're just practicing common courtesy, which should be obvious, but unfortunately isn't that common.

Archived