Predictions for 2011

maxey2112

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ Sep 5 2010, 02:34 PM)
They better keep Presto and Marathon. Hearing two of my favorite songs played this tour was great, I hope they keep them for next year.
2.gif

Indeed, Marathon is a damn good song, a very gallopy song. Has quite a bit of energy left.

But if they did drop it, it would be nice if they represented PoW with Middletown Dreams, or Manhattan Project (yeah right on either lol.)

Song list ? Not really important smile.gif Most important thing is if they will come to Europe ! My life depend on that smile.gif Anyway would like to see "Faithless", "Presto" and "Camera Eye"

My prediction is that I will buy tickets for as many shows as I can and not really care what they play. 1022.gif

I also predict that someone will bitch about the setlist, or the fact that Geddy didn't hit all the notes one night, or that Alex botched a solo. eyesre4.gif

i heard they are "revamping" the setlist, dropping some of the songs that have been played to death, and reaching into the vault. wait a minute that's what they've been saying the last 3 tours. my prediction is more of the same, keeping alot of what they played this tour, playing alot of the new album, and 1 or 2 song swaps.

I think it will be heavy on the new album. Fully expect to hear both Caravan and BU2B again, especially if they revamp them.

Probably less Snakes and Arrows stuff would be my guess.

And I expect ticket prices to be utterly insane - not that they aren't already high. Dickhead scalpers will be making a fortune off the next tour.

They'll play 4 more CWA songs in addition to the two already on the setlist, and will drop TCE, PRESTO, FAITHLESS.

I bet they will add another gem from PW.

I don't know really...

I always love these. I am really taken by predictions that begin with "They will probably...", "I think they will", and "They will play..." These statements are great. Who knows what they will do? I am going to second the idea that whatever they will do, I will go. I am so pleased that after 25 years of shows and 28 years of being a fan that I can still see them. Eve if they played RTB all the way through with Superconductor as an encore opening for Lady GaGa, I would probably show up.

I'm definately expecting them to keep the usual shit like the Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer. I'm hoping they keep The Camera Eye for next year and also Presto and Marathon. And of course Caravan and BU2B are lock-ins as well as most of the material from Clockwork.

AS A MATTER OF FACT, being that it looks like Clockwork Angels is a 'concept album', I wouldn't be surprised if they played yet again an entire album on stage...the new one wink.gif

And if not, definately bust out the new multi-piece title track Alex blabbed about 1022.gif

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 5 2010, 05:26 PM)
I always love these. I am really taken by predictions that begin with "They will probably...", "I think they will", and "They will play..." These statements are great. Who knows what they will do? I am going to second the idea that whatever they will do, I will go. I am so pleased that after 25 years of shows and 28 years of being a fan that I can still see them. Eve if they played RTB all the way through with Superconductor as an encore opening for Lady GaGa, I would probably show up.

if they played rtb all the way through it would be my longest pee break ever.

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 5 2010, 03:53 PM)
Probably less Snakes and Arrows stuff would be my guess.

They're only playing 3 this time around from S&A. Can't cut down much farther from that.

I think some MP songs go back in the vault... I'll guess Red Barchetta, Vital Signs, and Witch Hunt (played on both S&A legs and now Time Machine) all get bounced to make room for the new stuff.

Time Stand Still, Presto, CTTH, LTTA, and Working Man(VT, R30, Time Machine) also get shuffled out.

I won't even try predicting what they will add in place of those 8 songs, but here's what I'd do for those 8 slots:

3 additional songs from CA

Natural Science

Cut to The Chase

Analog Kid

Cinderella Man

Lock And Key

and then throw in

Show Don't Tell

Test For Echo

to get back up to 27 songs like the S&A tour cool.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 5 2010, 02:56 PM)
My prediction is that I will buy tickets for as many shows as I can and not really care what they play. 1022.gif

I also predict that someone will bitch about the setlist, or the fact that Geddy didn't hit all the notes one night, or that Alex botched a solo. eyesre4.gif

Wow. You must be psychic.

Totally agree with buy tickets to as many shows as possible and not care what they play. Been my strategy for a while now and has worked great (although not so good for the wallet...oh well).

Also agree many will bitch. Possibly even me. But wont make any difference to above (buy tickets to as many shows as possible).

As many have said...Its Rush...

And even the worst RUSH concert is great!

Can't wait to hear the rest of the new stuff though. And anything else they play that they have never played live before or haven't played since before Vapor trails. And really anything they play at all...

Here we go again!

Set 1

Clockwork Angels (Entire)

Set 2

Limelight

Freewill

The Camera Eye

Middletown Dreams

Cut to the Chase

YYZ

Drum Solo

Hope/ The Trees

2112 Overture/ Temples

Jacob's Ladder

Xanadu

Encore:

Far Cry

Tom Sawer

The Spirit of Radio

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (NaturalScientist75 @ Sep 5 2010, 06:39 PM)
Totally agree with buy tickets to as many shows as possible and not care what they play. Been my strategy for a while now and has worked great (although not so good for the wallet...oh well).

I hear ya! I have put my marriage on the line going to shows this tour, and plan on even MORE shows next time around! Gotta hit Red Rocks (if they play there next tour) and The Gorge, plus my local show (either Boise, ID or SLC, UT), and have already told the family that our next summer vacation revolves around RushCon in Toronto (which usually revolves around Rush shows in said Canadian city). I am shooting for 10 shows next tour. Who's with me (in going bankrupt)? laugh.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 5 2010, 06:39 PM)
Here we go again!

Set 1

Clockwork Angels (Entire)

Set 2

Limelight
Freewill
The Camera Eye
Middletown Dreams
Cut to the Chase
YYZ
Drum Solo
Hope/ The Trees
2112 Overture/ Temples
Jacob's Ladder
Xanadu

Encore:

Far Cry
Tom Sawer
The Spirit of Radio

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I could go for that.

But cut a few CA out of the first set. and add something off signals (losing it)))))

Also, could close the first set with a caress medley (Bastille, LP, Necromancer)