Anyone seen the tour buses on the road?

osage2112

You'd think RUSH's caravan would be large and noticable.

Anyone seen them?

Osage

QUOTE (primemover2006 @ Aug 23 2010, 10:49 AM)
My wife & I saw him at a gas station on his bike less than a mile from the venue yesterday in St. Louis!!! He nonchalantly waved to us.

He must have been in a good mood.

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Aug 23 2010, 08:49 AM)

Anyone seen them?
Osage

The "caravan" doesn't necessarily travel together and is often spread apart on the highway, even if by just a couple of miles. Since the semis are unmarked/unlabeled and the tour buses are different colors, to the average traveler, they usually go unnoticed. Which, by the way, is the way they want it. Unlike this guy!

Edited by FOH Lights

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Aug 23 2010, 02:27 PM)

Anyone seen them?
Osage

The "caravan" doesn't necessarily travel together and is often spread apart on the highway, even if by just a couple of miles. Since the semis are unmarked/unlabeled and the tour buses are different colors, to the average traveler, they usually go unnoticed. Which, by the way, is the way they want it.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Aug 23 2010, 02:27 PM)
Unlike this guy!

Tacky! laugh.gif

Ended up behind Neils bus on a 2 lane highway for several miles on the way home from Shoreline a couple of weeks ago. I passed it the first chance I got, then passed it again later on I-5 after I had made a stop for coffee.

We passed his bus on the way to Wichita on Thursday. We honked and my friend waved his lanyard out the window and kept going. The bus flashed it's lights at us as we got in front of it, my plate says RUSHGRL!

We stayed at the Hyatt in Wichita with the band and the crew. We arrived right before they did. Many crew members and security peeps in the bar. The band used a private entrance and there was security on the floors they were on.

Great show btw!

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 24 2010, 12:20 AM)

We passed his bus on the way to Wichita on Thursday. We honked and my friend waved his lanyard out the window and kept going. The bus flashed it's lights at us as we got in front of it, my plate says RUSHGRL!

We stayed at the Hyatt in Wichita with the band and the crew. We arrived right before they did. Many crew members and security peeps in the bar. The band used a private entrance and there was security on the floors they were on.
Great show btw!

That effin COOL! but how did you know it was their bus? does it identify as such?

I hung out on a roadie bus in Philly (TFE 96) and those buses, at least, are very non descript. Great folks! had much fun smile.gif

SHORELINE 8-9-10

The show was outstanding!!!!!!!!! It was perfect in every way. The sound was awesome. We had great seats. I took about 80 pics.

We had VIP parking about 100 feet away from the entrance. When we got back to the truck we had to wait for the 20 or so cars to get out. So we just waited for traffic to let out a few mins. Right in front of us was a bunch of tour buses and 2 18 wheel trucks. I said to my wife I bet those are there tour buses, she kept saying no way.

Traffic thinned out and we pulled out of our spot to get in line and guess who steps out of the tour bus. It was Geddy!! He got out of one bus into the other. It was so cool I was about 50 feet from him. All the people in the parking lot had no clue.

Anyway it was a great show. Im sorry it is over. Will have to wait till next time.

Robert

Pretty sure I saw it leaving the 07/05 Chicago show. Was pulled up next to it thanks to the sinkhole on Lake Shore Drive. angry.gif Wasn't 100% sure it was them, but I don't know what the chances are that another tourbus would be in that area at that time.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Aug 23 2010, 01:27 PM)

Anyone seen them?
Osage

The "caravan" doesn't necessarily travel together and is often spread apart on the highway, even if by just a couple of miles. Since the semis are unmarked/unlabeled and the tour buses are different colors, to the average traveler, they usually go unnoticed. Which, by the way, is the way they want it. Unlike this guy!

Can't blame him for that. He is getting paid by KC Masterpiece, Kingsford and Verizon to put his pics on the trailers w/ there names. I am sure if Rush were being paid a buttload of cash, they would advertise too.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Aug 23 2010, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 24 2010, 12:20 AM)

We passed his bus on the way to Wichita on Thursday. We honked and  my friend waved his lanyard out the window and kept going. The bus flashed it's lights at us as we got in front of it, my plate says RUSHGRL!

Great show btw!

That effin COOL! but how did you know it was their bus? does it identify as such?

I hung out on a roadie bus in Philly (TFE 96) and those buses, at least, are very non descript. Great folks! had much fun smile.gif

Neils bus and trailer are pretty easy to spot, I've seen them before. Once we arrived at the venue we saw the buses and the staff confirmed that the band was staying there and they were going to arrive momentarily. I saw Kevin(security) checking in and then we ran into others in the bar.

QUOTE (goincd3 @ Aug 24 2010, 01:30 AM)
I did see 4 unmarked white semis in a convoy going down south after the Shoreline show, not more than 2 hours after the concert ended. It was kinda cool!

Load out usually takes a minimum of 3 hours. So, the grunts generally don't hit the road until well after 1:00am.

We stayed at the Hyatt in Wichita with the band and the crew.

hehehe, they labeled Wichita a "ghost town" when they arrived and swore that it was the worst Hyatt they'd ever stayed in. Meh... rock stars. laugh.gif

Ended up behind Neils bus on a 2 lane highway for several miles on the way home from Shoreline a couple of weeks ago. I passed it the first chance I got, then passed it again later on I-5 after I had made a stop for coffee.

phew! One more pass and they'd have probably pulled over and sicked Michael on you! tongue.gif Seriously though, they keep a very close eye on the vehicles that follow them and if you appear to be doing so for any length of time, they will take measures to "separate" you.

Can't blame him for that. He is getting paid by KC Masterpiece, Kingsford and Verizon to put his pics on the trailers w/ there names. I am sure if Rush were being paid a buttload of cash, they would advertise too.

Won't ever happen. You see, Rush has a lot more class than that. They do what they do because the love it and not necessarily for the cash. They also stay "unmarked" for security reasons. Because Keith Urban is a sellout... er, has sponsors, he has to spend a butt load of money on security to keep rabid fans from following their blatantly labeled trucks around & stalking them. So, it's kind of a double edged sword.

Neil's bus & trailer were parked in the open parking lot at the amp. in St. Louis when I drove up @ 3:00 the day before the concert. I got a phone pic & so did my buddy. We drove right by the bus & was surprised to see Ontario tags instead of California tags. I flipped my phone down before I hit save so I'm waiting on my buddy to end me his. Awesome Show BTW! trink39.gif

I guess "life on the road" has it's own rules...so "separating" someone in the road using huge trucks must be a sanitized way of saying...don't hang 'round her no more?

I understand the need (safety from them pesky rabid fans who'd want to actually get a glimpse of you), and the issue of Highway safety...don't want some driver distracted by the tour bus and run everyone off the road... I know the bus drivers are doing a job...not getting their jollies.

But at the end...the drivers are professionals, charged with getting from point A to B...in one piece and being AWARE of road conditions...all road conditions.

Osage

Anyone seen them?
Osage

in fairness to Keith Urban, his tour seems to be sponsored by KC Masterpiece and Kingsford....so the cost of all that on the trucks wasn't of his own checkbook.

QUOTE (spok @ Aug 25 2010, 11:25 AM)

in fairness to Keith Urban, his tour seems to be sponsored by KC Masterpiece and Kingsford....so the cost of all that on the trucks wasn't of his own checkbook.

That was my earlier point. Tour sponsors pay a lot and in return, have their name (and his) plastered everywhere. With his trucks & buses being that "visible", he now has to deal with every Tom, Dick, & Harry wanting to get a closer look - whether in a parking lot or out on the highway. Bigger safety risk for band & crew and therefore, increased security costs. I'm sure that cost is a fraction of the overall sponsorship, but still...

The Rush organization doesn't want or need to be that "visible". Monetarily, they're solvent enough to not need to sellout... er', I mean, have corporate sponsors. And come on, Neil is paranoid enough as it is, and rightfully so, I suppose. But God forbid they ever try to make him ride around in a bus with RUSH written in 12' letters on the side! laugh.gif

Edited by FOH Lights

Anyone seen them?
Osage

LOL!!!