Star Wars Blu-Ray announced

The Owl

Can't wait for this. Hopefully my parents will be able to afford an HDTV by the time this comes out so we can see it in true HD. (I've had a PS3 for almost three years now, but it's plugged into an SDTV. While it does look better, it's definitely not HD.)

Here's one of the deleted scenes from ROTJ.

Side note: I have a bad feeling about this, folks. I can just see Lucas releasing the films as a boxed set containing all six movies instead of separating the two trilogies or selling them individually. I hope that's not the case as I will refuse to buy the prequel trilogy.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 16 2010, 08:36 AM)

Side note: I have a bad feeling about this, folks. I can just see Lucas releasing the films as a boxed set containing all six movies instead of separating the two trilogies or selling them individually. I hope that's not the case as I will refuse to buy the prequel trilogy.

Im pretty sure they will have individual releases...... Im still getting the box set though..

And that deleated scene

HOLY SHIT~!

Wouldn't put it at all past Lucas to only release them in a box set. Hopefully they will give us options, because I'd buy the trilogy in a heartbeat but don't want to pay $100+ for a box set where I don't care about three of the six discs.

I've still never seen Revenge of the Sith in its entirety.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 17 2010, 04:58 AM)
Wouldn't put it at all past Lucas to only release them in a box set. Hopefully they will give us options, because I'd buy the trilogy in a heartbeat but don't want to pay $100+ for a box set where I don't care about three of the six discs.

I've still never seen Revenge of the Sith in its entirety.

I hear you. I have all of them but wouldn't dream of upscaling the prequels again.

RotS is the only one worth watching of those.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 16 2010, 06:36 AM)

but the prequels will sure look purty on blu-ray.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Aug 16 2010, 05:42 PM)

thankfully I saw the video earlier as it has been pulled from youtube by Lucas.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Aug 16 2010, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Aug 16 2010, 05:42 PM)

thankfully I saw the video earlier as it has been pulled from youtube by Lucas.

Here it is. See it while you can. Or not. smile.gif

I still would like to see the Biggs/Anchorhead scenes put back into Episode IV. Maybe it will actually happen now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zkvkgwMW0w&feature=related

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Aug 21 2010, 02:02 AM)
I still would like to see the Biggs/Anchorhead scenes put back into Episode IV. Maybe it will actually happen now.

ohmy.gif

That was actually great. I like the concept around it, but at some parts the acting is, meh. Maybe thats why it was taken out.

All I say is that I am REALLY excited for A New Hope and Empire on Blu-Ray!

Honestly I'm SHOCKED that everyone's not freaking out about these being the SE versions only, with no intention of releasing the theatrical version on BR. I guess when push comes to shove those horrendous changes aren't so bad after all. wink.gif (Yes, I'm baiting). tongue.gif From what I've heard that's not much of a secret, despite not being confirmed in that article above. It will be the SE versions. Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Alex @ Aug 21 2010, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Aug 21 2010, 02:02 AM)

ohmy.gif

That was actually great. I like the concept around it, but at some parts the acting is, meh. Maybe thats why it was taken out.

All I say is that I am REALLY excited for A New Hope and Empire on Blu-Ray!

I think most of the deleted stuff will be on the Blu-rays, but I think they specifically said that it wont be re-inserted into the movies a la LOTR extended editions

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 22 2010, 09:17 PM)
Kids starting as freshmen at college this fall were 7 years old when Episode 1, Phantom Menace was released.

Holy cow.

laugh.gif

There were some older men that were talking last night with some college students about an event that happened in 1982. I turned to the students and told them I was in the 8th grade then. They then informed me that they weren't BORN yet. ohmy.gif

And yes in fact I DID feel very old. sad.gif