Seattle show...good/bad/ugly

Look, this is the typical "my rights are more important than your rights" debate, and there's no end to it. The more vehemently either side tries to make its point, the more douchebaggy it comes across as.

"I'm gonna stand up the whole time and FK ANYONE BEHIND ME WHO CAN'T SEE! WHOOOOO!!!!!!" - douchebag.

"I paid $100 for my ticket, and I want to sit, so nobody in front of me is allowed to stand, even though they also paid $100 for their ticket and standing at rock concerts is a tradition and I should be expecting it." - douchebag.

See what I mean? Stand up, sit down, lay on the floor and have a nap - no matter what, you're probably going to sound like a whiney brat if you come here to try to make your "point".

You're welcome.

QUOTE (MetalFiend @ Aug 10 2010, 06:51 AM)
I made in to the show when they started playing 'Freewill'.  What songs did they play before that?

Traffic was bad getting in.

Spirit of Radio (with awesome opening vid - definitely gotta check it out on youtube)

Time Stand Still

Presto

Stick it Out

Workin them Angels

Leave that thing alone

Faithless

BU2B

So unfortunately you missed a fair amount because of that stupid traffic. Great place to SEE a concert, horrible place to GET to.

Rush Rockers,

To answer some of ur questions, the reason I wanted to tailgate was becuz this venue (a beautiful amphitheater, but on a reservation) did not open their food booths until 1.5 hrs before the concert. Oh yea, their beer lines were open at 3 hrs prior, but no food? AND it was raining, and raining fairly hard so the fire threat was moot! And if you've never tailgated before an event like a concert, sporting event, etc. you are seriously missing out. We had people walking by trying to suckup and get some of my food and drinks. We were having a blast and they were walking in to buy shitty beer at $12 a pop! Another reason, I had already paid $120 for my seat, plus I wanted to buy a couple shirts. Tailgating was a great way to help keep costs down.

@yyz98, I agree that a lot of security guards are on power trips and they are really just idiots trying to boss people around for their own pleasure. Problem with this venue is the Native Americans (at this place) don't really give a shit about your experience. They just want to make money and not have any problems. It's not the most fan friendly place to see an event and every time I go here there are issues with the staff it seems.

And why didn't the dad have his boys stand in their seats? Good question and I never bothered to ask. I told him to F-off and that was good enuf for me! Bottom line, my enjoyment of the concert was waaaay more important to me than what a 4 & 6 yr could even comprehend or enjoy. RUSH is my favorite band and there was no way I wasn't going to have a good time!

@Chevyman2112, so everyone is a douche if they wanna stand and won't sit becuz you can't stand up? That's f'd up thinking man. I say don't go to the concert then. On this night probably 80% of the entire crowd was standing for virtually the entire concert! And that includes the seats and the grass!

@Joshua, exactly. He just said "my kids can't see" like it was my f'g problem. And when he started dropping the F-bombs in front of his kids that's when I decided I wasn't doing anything he wanted. I even told him that now I planned on standing the rest of the show:) He left with his kids with about 4 songs left so obviously he wasn't too big of a fan anyway...

@losingit2k, you may be right! But I hope not, this lil f'er was just plain mean...

@danielmclark all your points are valid. But the one thing that I am always cognizant of is this: If everyone or mostly everyone is standing then I am too. If most everyone sits for a song than I usually do to. I wasn't trying to make any point as we all know how that crap goes. I just wanted to let everyone know that in spite of all the bullshit I had to endure, I still appreciated the concert and loved hearing every second of the boys play!

small kids can't stand on the folding seats - they're too light and their feet get stuck in the fold.

i just made sure when i booked the seats for me and my boy (age 6), we were in one a spot w/ no seats in front (203, row 3, seats 1&2 -- the rows in front are shorter due to the runway stairs). He had an unobstructed view. zero issues.

kids at a concert grow the fanbase for the future - let's all get along.

Wow! Sounds like alot of venues still suck. I have to say again how much better Red Rocks is then all the rest. There are BBQ's going and tents to block the sun all over the place. Its a huge dirt parking lot with a ton of porta johns out there for all us tailgaters. They allow us to show up at 3pm for the 8pm show. Its a massive rush party!

Inside the venue it is standing room only. If you sit then you have to be either in the handicap area or the very very back. If you want to give your feet a break then sit but dont complain about the people in front of you.

I only had one problem at Red Rocks in 3 concerts so far and it was at R30. Mr. ahole I met that night was acting like a security guard and telling people they cant drink as we walked up to the venue. He would then say "you got punked" and laugh! When we caught up to him he tried it on our group. I then told him "you got punched" he went down and everybody laughed! He even had a fake yellow shirt that said security. I think it may have had a few red spots after we got aquainted though.

If you ever get a chance to come to the Rockies for a show you will be happy with this venue.

I cant wait until the 18th!

QUOTE (Kerohr @ Aug 10 2010, 10:29 AM)
Wow! Sounds like alot of venues still suck. I have to say again how much better Red Rocks is then all the rest. There are BBQ's going and tents to block the sun all over the place. Its a huge dirt parking lot with a ton of porta johns out there for all us tailgaters. They allow us to show up at 3pm for the 8pm show. Its a massive rush party!

Inside the venue it is standing room only. If you sit then you have to be either in the handicap area or the very very back. If you want to give your feet a break then sit but dont complain about the people in front of you.

I only had one problem at Red Rocks in 3 concerts so far and it was at R30. Mr. ahole I met that night was acting like a security guard and telling people they cant drink as we walked up to the venue. He would then say "you got punked" and laugh! When we caught up to him he tried it on our group. I then told him "you got punched" he went down and everybody laughed! He even had a fake yellow shirt that said security. I think it may have had a few red spots after we got aquainted though.

If you ever get a chance to come to the Rockies for a show you will be happy with this venue.

I cant wait until the 18th!

See you in the parking lot trink39.gif 1287.gif 653.gif 2.gif common001.gif popcorn.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Aug 10 2010, 10:44 AM)
Look, this is the typical "my rights are more important than your rights" debate, and there's no end to it. The more vehemently either side tries to make its point, the more douchebaggy it comes across as.

"I'm gonna stand up the whole time and FK ANYONE BEHIND ME WHO CAN'T SEE! WHOOOOO!!!!!!" - douchebag.

"I paid $100 for my ticket, and I want to sit, so nobody in front of me is allowed to stand, even though they also paid $100 for their ticket and standing at rock concerts is a tradition and I should be expecting it." - douchebag.

See what I mean? Stand up, sit down, lay on the floor and have a nap - no matter what, you're probably going to sound like a whiney brat if you come here to try to make your "point".

You're welcome.

Thanks. eh.gif

I'm a whiney douchebag brat because I posted my opinion. 1287.gif

QUOTE (Dax @ Aug 10 2010, 01:31 PM)
It's a simple rule, if people stand in front of me obscuring my view, i'm going to stand up. Anyone behind me can bitch at the people in front of me. If I want to sit at a concert i'll go see Enya.

or 38 special. they sucked too

QUOTE (Joshua @ Aug 10 2010, 12:19 PM)

You're welcome.

Thanks. eh.gif

I'm not a big fan of the train of touchy-feely thought that says that everyone's opinions are always valid. They're not. Someone might be of the opinion that it's okay to smoke crack in a public restroom as long as they don't get caught - they're wrong. And they're a douchebag when they try to convince everyone that they're not.

So in this particular "debate", in my opinion, the further one gets away from this:

But the one thing that I am always cognizant of is this: If everyone or mostly everyone is standing then I am too. If most everyone sits for a song than I usually do to.
the closer one gets to being a douchebag with no regard for the concert going experiences of his fellow fans.

I guess what I'm saying is, go with the flow. If you're the only one standing in a section and you're blocking peoples' view of the show, that's wrong. If you're the only one not standing, and you're complaining about not being able to see, that's wrong, too.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Aug 10 2010, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE (Joshua @ Aug 10 2010, 12:19 PM)

You're welcome.

Thanks. eh.gif

I'm not a big fan of the train of touchy-feely thought that says that everyone's opinions are always valid. They're not. Someone might be of the opinion that it's okay to smoke crack in a public restroom as long as they don't get caught - they're wrong. And they're a douchebag when they try to convince everyone that they're not.

So in this particular "debate", in my opinion, the further one gets away from this:

But the one thing that I am always cognizant of is this: If everyone or mostly everyone is standing then I am too. If most everyone sits for a song than I usually do to.
the closer one gets to being a douchebag with no regard for the concert going experiences of his fellow fans.

I guess what I'm saying is, go with the flow. If you're the only one standing in a section and you're blocking peoples' view of the show, that's wrong. If you're the only one not standing, and you're complaining about not being able to see, that's wrong, too.

I think we all are on board with your go-with-the-flow concert-going ethic. I was responding to the original poster's experience with the father behind him wanting his kids to be able to see. I think that behavior is in line with your definition of douchebaggery. Sad truth is, kids suffer visibility issues at concerts. As do hobbits and dwarves. Sprites and pixies make out alright because they have wings and can fly up near the rafters and such. So I'm not sure where my opinion is invalid. If my denouncing douchebaggish behavior is also douchey... then I would argue that you too smell of vinegar. You hover above the partisan divide, casting accusations of douchiness, with an air of self-righteousness. Yet you too flow from the same nozzle. The very nozzle you've sought to condemn! rage.gif

Bringing a kid to a rock concert is like bringing a kid to a bar. The kid really doesn't belong there, and a room full of adults shouldn't have to cater to the kid because of some dumb ass parent who thinks he's being cool by bringing his kid. You wanna bring your kid to the show? Fine. Just don't act like a total f***ing wanker by making people sit down. And don't be surprised when people sitting right next to your kids spark a joint either.

QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ Aug 10 2010, 09:20 PM)
Bringing a kid to a rock concert is like bringing a kid to a bar. The kid really doesn't belong there, and a room full of adults shouldn't have to cater to the kid because of some dumb ass parent who thinks he's being cool by bringing his kid. You wanna bring your kid to the show? Fine. Just don't act like a total f***ing wanker by making people sit down. And don't be surprised when people sitting right next to your kids spark a joint either.

for the S&A II tour at the Gorge here, a doobie got wipped out a few seats away from me, the snooty lady in front of me was all aghast. I heard her say to her husband "are they really smoking pot here?"

hey lady, here's a clue, its a rock show and yes, the toke it up in there. While my toking years are decades behind me it never fails to make me chuckle when those uninitiated to the concert world make their first show....

QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ Aug 10 2010, 09:20 PM)

Yeah, I'm with you. I really don't get the whole thing with bringing little kids to a 3 hour rock show. I have three boys- ages 6, 2 and 8 months. Going to a rock concert with a few of my friends or my wife is an escape for me. I'm going there to get AWAY from my kids! My 6 year old is in bed by 8:30 each night. No way is he gonna make it through a 3 hour rock show.

Again, I offer the following to get to the WRA.

Take SR 410 to Buckley. As soon as you cross over the White River, take the next left (there will be a small (and i mean small) sign on the right side of the road marking the turn). Take that road for about 2 miles to the first traffic light (look for another very small sign). At the light take a left and go about 5 miles. This will take you right up to the amphiteater with very little traffic.