Embarassed by Seattle Crowd *SPOILERS*

Nate1647

To everyone that says they were just watching in awe/ analyzing the music and that sort of thing, I know what that looks like too. I've been drumming for 18 years about and because of rush i picked up the bass, guitar, and keyboard probably 8 years ago. this is NOT what was going. buddies were just talking to each other, some were on their cell phones, on facebook, sitting down, or straight up leaving. Also as Janie said, the crowd in the pit was DEAD unless ged or al would come up to them. And I'm well aware rush are musicians musicians, thats why i fell in love in the first place. but when i hear comments behind me during marathon (one of the top songs of the night IMO) like, "This whole set is a joke, I'm only here for TCE" it just infuriates me.

QUOTE (Nate1647 @ Aug 9 2010, 12:06 PM)
but when i hear comments behind me during marathon (one of the top songs of the night IMO) like, "This whole set is a joke, I'm only here for TCE" it just infuriates me.

At least that person knows what TCE is new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Which is more than I can say for a lot of people i've seen at Rush shows in the past.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 9 2010, 12:21 PM)
but when i hear comments behind me during marathon (one of the top songs of the night IMO) like, "This whole set is a joke, I'm only here for TCE" it just infuriates me.

At least that person knows what TCE is new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Which is more than I can say for a lot of people i've seen at Rush shows in the past.

We brought two dudes with us who knew nothing of Rush after Moving Pictures... They had no idea what most of the set list was rofl3.gif

I guess its actually the (so called) die hard fans i'm mad about then. the middle aged guys who grew up with early rush, and thats all they care about. they can recite lyric of fountain of lamneth, but they boo and leave when presto comes on. there were just average fans all around us and they stayed and were politely clapping and watching every song! nothing wrong with that

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 9 2010, 09:25 AM)
[/quote]
I have to ask... how can a casual fan spend so much money to be so close to the band then? Those tickets were expensive. When they first went on sale, everywhere I looked the prices were the same: first five rows on Geddy's side was $1,400 PER TICKET and Alex's side wasn't much cheaper. How can you spend $1,000+ on one ticket when you are only a casual fan!? I would have given anything to be within the first few rows.

My ticket was $115 and I'm the one who took that pic in your sig so you can see exactly where we were in relation to the stage. I paid around $80 to be in row 10 two years ago when Rush played the gorge.

W.

T.

H.

Radio giveaways...and corporate ticket buying for clients.....

This this whole fans that suck thread reminds of something that happened to me when I saw them on the VT tour in 2002. My brother and I were fairly close to the stage I think it was within the first 15 rows. Anyways after they get done playing Vital Signs a guy in the row in front of me, who must've saw me singing along to it, turns and asks me "what song was that?" I was dumbfounded for a second. This guy was about 40 and if he had anything from Rush surely he owned a copy of Moving Pictures right?

I told him the name of the song and the album. He just nodded his head to me and turned back around to watch the show. The point is many people go to shows for different reasons. Maybe that guy won them or someone couldn't go and he got the ticket for free. Or possibly the man was an idiot or drunk laugh.gif You never really now for sure what kind of people will show up at these things.

I was a little irked at the guy after the show. My brother and I were thinking "how can you go see Rush and at least not know the stuff off MP?" But as time went on I thought maybe he was just a casual fan and went to see them to try and get into more of their music. Obviously he liked VS or he wouldn't have asked me what the song was. So maybe he ended up liking more stuff from the band by going.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (druid13 @ Aug 9 2010, 10:31 AM)

I have to ask... how can a casual fan spend so much money to be so close to the band then? Those tickets were expensive. When they first went on sale, everywhere I looked the prices were the same: first five rows on Geddy's side was $1,400 PER TICKET and Alex's side wasn't much cheaper. How can you spend $1,000+ on one ticket when you are only a casual fan!? I would have given anything to be within the first few rows.

My ticket was $115 and I'm the one who took that pic in your sig so you can see exactly where we were in relation to the stage. I paid around $80 to be in row 10 two years ago when Rush played the gorge.

W.

T.

H. [/quote]
Radio giveaways...and corporate ticket buying for clients.....

Heaven forbid they should be offered first to all fans/people equally. I know, I know... it's all about business and money.

I never understood why some people take so much time and effort to complain about what other people do or do not do. What do their actions have to do with you? Concentrate on yourself and let people enjoy events the way they wish to enjoy them. It is all a part of being free!

2.gif

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Aug 9 2010, 03:16 PM)
I never understood why some people take so much time and effort to complain about what other people do or do not do. What do their actions have to do with you? Concentrate on yourself and let people enjoy events the way they wish to enjoy them. It is all a part of being free!

2.gif

+1

QUOTE (Lady April @ Aug 8 2010, 01:52 PM)
Sorry to chime in on your downer but why would people bother to spend over 100 bucks a ticket to NOT enjoy the show. Mabey some of them just love to watch and listen and soak up the goods! It's all good man smile.gif

One word........

comped.

You'd probably hate me at a Rush concert. I'm very mello at the shows, and sometimes even get mad at people who stand up when folks in front of them are sitting. I know it's stupid, but just a strange pet peeve I have. Anyway, I think a lot of Rush fans are like me. They appreciate good musicianship and like to focus on the performance.

Couldn't agree more with you. I thought Marathon was absolutely awesome. Gave me chills and probably enjoyed that song the most!

Aww yaa, Marathon for the first time in 24 years, ooaa yeaa.

This show rocked so hard I pity the phoow who has a beef, cus where;s the beef?

IT'S IN THE GeFilter!!!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=AFE70B453F45A684

One thing I noticed on this tour (at least around here) is that with the lower ticket prices for the large festival venues, not only are they breaking attendance records, but they are reaching to far more casual fans. Many people with festival passes attend all shows as a social event or to get their money's worth, people who would normally not pay $100+ for a one-night arena Rush ticket. However, the response in Ottawa was quite phenomenal, over 30 000 standing, jumping and screaming in the heat. It's a very localized thing. Montreal alays had some of the best responses, and no Montreal date on this leg sad.gif.

QUOTE (Hakky2112 @ Aug 11 2010, 01:39 AM)
Aww yaa, Marathon for the first time in 24 years, ooaa yeaa.
This show rocked so hard I pity the phoow who has a beef, cus where;s the beef?

IT'S IN THE GeFilter!!!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=AFE70B453F45A684

Hakky: Oooh yea baby, thanks for the post! Marathon has always been one of my hidden fav's. It's so awesome that this band can pull one out of the vault and it can totally make a concert!

Hi Rushians:) After having seen this video several times few days ago..(my first post this.,.after been a reader for many years, from an ultra fan loyalist of Rush since 1978 from Finland and their music, attidude, wisdom, good people..)...I think that what's "wrong" with spectators ?. Maybe a regular working day next, no it was weekend I suppose). No air drummin, no body moves, no guitar playing, nothing..just standing still..lamed..few people who understood what this was... What a gutsy, raw absolutely brilliant performance, and people stand still..

Brazil..is what they deserve..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP4_QnSXYJw

QUOTE (Ruprect @ Aug 8 2010, 04:43 PM)
(BTW.... anyone get a chance to see Mr Lang perform, take it. That kid can PLAY! )

Yes Johnny Lang is a phenom!! When he first hit the big time he played several time here in Klamazoo, Michigan "a big blues town". It blew my mind to see a 15 year old kid playing and signinmg like he was friggin BB King man!!

Go see Johnny Lang - you wont regret it!!

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 9 2010, 05:36 AM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Aug 9 2010, 07:41 AM)
yeah that happened to me once and it was with part of my entourange and i literally had to leave the guy because he was just yelling the lyrics at the top of his lungs. i was like wtf.gif bye!

Why didn't you just ram a taco with extra hot sauce down his throat?! That would've shut his piehole! 1022.gif

http://memegenerator.net/Walter/ImageMacro/859887/Walter-Heisenberg-Says-Relax.jpg

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/Raymond_Cruz_325x200_BB(Episode106)Stills032.jpg

http://www.grrltv.com/files/2009/03/breaking-bad-201-01.jpg