Star Trek

progrush2112

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 12 2011, 09:30 PM)
The Perfect Mate was on tonight....starring Famke Janssen as Kamala of Krios - the HOTTEST alien babe of all time....

Famke, Famke, Famke..... wub.gif drool1.gif blush4.gif

http://www.thehomestarmy.com/s9y/uploads/Famke-Kamala.jpg

I caught it drool1.gif

Now I, Borg. Solid night of Trek on SyFy. "We are Hugh"

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 12 2011, 11:30 PM)
The Perfect Mate was on tonight....starring Famke Janssen as Kamala of Krios - the HOTTEST alien babe of all time....

Famke, Famke, Famke.....  wub.gif drool1.gif blush4.gif

http://www.thehomestarmy.com/s9y/uploads/Famke-Kamala.jpg

http://www.eriel.com/personal/autographs/FranceNuyen.jpg

Don't cry for me alien honey...you were supposed to have been tranportable...just what they wanted not much to ask for...just don't let her shed a tear on you or else...

or

those green babes from The Menagerie

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4527947235_06a8000e0e_z.jpg

sans green bodypaint

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 13 2011, 03:18 AM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 12 2011, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ May 12 2011, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 10 2011, 03:09 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ May 10 2011, 10:00 AM)
Oh, Jeffery Combs is on Enterprise?!? Maybe I should give it another chance! biggrin.gif

Yes he plays an Andorian named Shran. It's a great character, and he does very well in it.

Jeffrey Combs, as in Re Animator Jeffrey Combs?

The very same.

Also, Jeffrey Combs, as in Weyoun from DS9.

And that guy from The 4400.

He's everywhere!

Ah, Weyoun.. Don't get me started on Weyoun. I have a very strong love/hate relationship with that (those?) Vorta. Made my day when I picked up Rising Son (DS9 novel) and saw a new Weyoun. And he came back in Olympus Descending. biggrin.gif

As far as I'm concerned the Dominion could have done without the Founders, the Jem'Hadar, and all the other Vorta, but it had to have Weyoun. He's just too adorable/creepy to keep away forever. wub.gif

And don't forget - "Brunt, FCA." tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ May 13 2011, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 13 2011, 03:18 AM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 12 2011, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ May 12 2011, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 10 2011, 03:09 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ May 10 2011, 10:00 AM)
Oh, Jeffery Combs is on Enterprise?!? Maybe I should give it another chance! biggrin.gif

Yes he plays an Andorian named Shran. It's a great character, and he does very well in it.

Jeffrey Combs, as in Re Animator Jeffrey Combs?

The very same.

Also, Jeffrey Combs, as in Weyoun from DS9.

And that guy from The 4400.

He's everywhere!

Ah, Weyoun.. Don't get me started on Weyoun. I have a very strong love/hate relationship with that (those?) Vorta. Made my day when I picked up Rising Son (DS9 novel) and saw a new Weyoun. And he came back in Olympus Descending. biggrin.gif

As far as I'm concerned the Dominion could have done without the Founders, the Jem'Hadar, and all the other Vorta, but it had to have Weyoun. He's just too adorable/creepy to keep away forever. wub.gif

And don't forget - "Brunt, FCA." tongue.gif

He plays all of the roles nicely. I knew he played Shran and Weyoon but I never realized he played Brunt until I looked him up as an actor. He really seems like two different people.

Edited by usb_connector

I posted this in the trek movie rating thread, so I'll just repeat it here to move the idea to a more proper venue:

---

Purely hypothetical: If they were to reboot TNG next, who would you want for actors??

I've thought for a while that Sean Murray (McGee from NCIS) would make an excellent Data reboot. Jewel Staite (Kaylee from Firefly) as a young Doctor Crusher? Zach Galifianakis as Commander Riker? (Ok, that one was a joke)

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ May 13 2011, 02:06 PM)

http://www.eriel.com/personal/autographs/FranceNuyen.jpg

Don't cry for me alien honey...you were supposed to have been tranportable...just what they wanted  not much to ask for...just don't let her shed a tear on you or else...

This girl was a bitch! But those tears sure made Kirk go all hot and horny over her. Then again, photos of Spock's long dead great grandmother would've had the same affect on James T. tongue.gif

QUOTE (KenJennings @ May 26 2011, 10:09 PM)
I posted this in the trek movie rating thread, so I'll just repeat it here to move the idea to a more proper venue:

---

Purely hypothetical: If they were to reboot TNG next, who would you want for actors??

I've thought for a while that Sean Murray (McGee from NCIS) would make an excellent Data reboot. Jewel Staite (Kaylee from Firefly) as a young Doctor Crusher? Zach Galifianakis as Commander Riker? (Ok, that one was a joke)

Well, if we suppose they'll move on to TNG after the ToS trilogy, I suppose that the dude who plays Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory could be Lt. Barkley. Any tall, moderately built African American dude with a scruffy voice could take Worf's role. I'm not too sure about the rest. If they do remake TNG, I hope they scrap Wesley Crusher and Tasha Yar. That chick had more of a temper than the Hulk on steroids and was less likable than Wesley (which is one hell of a statement).

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 27 2011, 10:06 PM)

---

Well, if we suppose they'll move on to TNG after the ToS trilogy, I suppose that the dude who plays Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory could be Lt. Barkley. Any tall, moderately built African American dude with a scruffy voice could take Worf's role. I'm not too sure about the rest. If they do remake TNG, I hope they scrap Wesley Crusher and Tasha Yar. That chick had more of a temper than the Hulk on steroids and was less likable than Wesley (which is one hell of a statement).

If they eventually go with TNG characters again I'd hope they'd go FORWARD in time and not back like the last ST (which I liked). In such a film, some TNG characters should already be dead and should be seen in flashbacks by one of the surviving characters (Riker, for example). But even in such flashbacks it'd be after the events of the last TNG film.

In regards to an actor playing Worf, it seems that you don't think much of that character since almost any A.A. dude would suffice. Hell, using that criteria, I have a couple of friends that could play Worf. wink.gif

Wesley is the worst regular Trek character ever. If he had been in TOS, he would've been one of those replaceable red-shirted lieutenants that beams down to the planet with Kirk, Spock, and Bones and gets annihilated within 15 minutes.

http://www.blogcdn.com/xbox.joystiq.com/media/2006/12/redshirt.jpg

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 28 2011, 06:04 AM)

---

If they eventually go with TNG characters again I'd hope they'd go FORWARD in time and not back like the last ST (which I liked). In such a film, some TNG characters should already be dead and should be seen in flashbacks by one of the surviving characters (Riker, for example). But even in such flashbacks it'd be after the events of the last TNG film.

In regards to an actor playing Worf, it seems that you don't think much of that character since almost any A.A. dude would suffice. Hell, using that criteria, I have a couple of friends that could play Worf. wink.gif

Wesley is the worst regular Trek character ever. If he had been in TOS, he would've been one of those replaceable red-shirted lieutenants that beams down to the planet with Kirk, Spock, and Bones and gets annihilated within 15 minutes.

Going forward in time would pose a bit of a problem. The whole purpose of the reboot was to attract newcommers by avoiding the need for any prior knowledge to enjoy the film. If they make a movie that takes place AFTER the events of nemesis, they would be missing the point of the whole reboot. If they did something like that, they should just make a series that takes place after Voyager.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 28 2011, 05:04 AM)
Wesley is the worst regular Trek character ever. 

I gotta disagree.

My vote goes goes to Harry Kim from Voyager. The most uninteresting and unimportant character evah.....vaporize him with a phaser, and the crew wouldn't even notice..... laugh.gif

Wesley Crusher could have been a strong character, but the producers just had to make him into a girly-boy. He wore more makeup than the Bieber ever wears! He was a major league sissy, but at least he had the brains and courage to save the ship on numerous occasions.....

....and he did get to get to fire his thrusters with Ashley Judd..... drool1.gif Ya gotta give him props for that.... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 28 2011, 03:16 PM)
Ensign Ro is the worst character from Star trek.  I always hated that bitch.

Blame those damned Cardassians....they tortured her father to death right in front of her when she was little. That can really sour a girl's outlook on life..... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Riker liked her enough to screw her when they all had amnesia..... laugh.gif

Riker: What if I snore in my sleep?

Ro: What makes you think you're gonna get any sleep?

Wesley was smarter than most of the senior staff from a young age and he didn't breeze through the starfleet entrance exam. So in 4 seasons his IQ went from genius to average. That and it was really laughable that he was smarter than officers with years of experience and study out in the field and at starfleet. He was a joke.

Well, he only went to the Academy to make Mommy and Uncle Jean-Luc happy....all that pressure, ya know.... laugh.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 28 2011, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 28 2011, 06:04 AM)

---

Going forward in time would pose a bit of a problem. The whole purpose of the reboot was to attract newcommers by avoiding the need for any prior knowledge to enjoy the film. If they make a movie that takes place AFTER the events of nemesis, they would be missing the point of the whole reboot. If they did something like that, they should just make a series that takes place after Voyager.

Well yeah, I know why there was a reboot. But to do ANOTHER reboot would be boring and unimaginative.

If something is good, people will generally go.

This is a hilarious video for those of you who have seen the TNG episode "Justice" (the one where wesley gets the death penalty for stepping in flowers on that planet where everyone seems to be a sex addict): http://trekmovie.com/2011/05/28/phxcc-watc...k-tngs-justice/

For those of you who haven't seen the episode but are familiar with the general Star Trek format, you'll probably laugh too.

Wil is cool, I just wish he would turn his snark down from 11 sometimes.

Science-Fiction..now were talkin'!

Great stuff..can't get enough of it.

Star trek was absolutely brilliant/classic. applaudit.gif

I remember watching the show at the very beginning.

( 9-66) ..leme tell ya..it was ADVANCED for the

time-period..big time!! The show was not very

popular at first (the 68 or 69 season was the peak, imo)

but, there were so many classic episodes. It was too

"far out there" too odd AlienSmiley.gif , for most of the main-stream

tv viewers...just never clicked for most the older crowd.... wacko.gif unsure.gif

I think the younger viewers ( att..I was 7) were more

open to the possibilities of the whole concept of the show,imo.

All the character's were perfect for their parts.

The Twilight Zone was another classic(as well as the Time Tunnel,

lost in space, and last but not least the Outer Limits...GREAT stuff!!

I watched all these shows when they were originally on..what an

absolute treat that was, for a Sci-Fi junky, like myself. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

the L.A tv channel ktla 5 used to play Star Trek reruns every sunday

late afternoon , in the mid to late 70's..I rarely missed an episode.

That went on for yrs and yrs.I've seen every episode atleast 5 times..

some more then others. The Twilight Zone was the same deal.

....Those were the days... yes.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974

Star Trek sequel might get delayed, according to what I've read on Trekmovie. :C They keep saying it won't but the prospects don't look good. However, it does look like there might be a video game coming out..? Bah, I want a film! Or a TV series! Something!

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jul 3 2011, 03:58 PM)
Star Trek sequel might get delayed, according to what I've read on Trekmovie. :C They keep saying it won't but the prospects don't look good. However, it does look like there might be a video game coming out..? Bah, I want a film! Or a TV series! Something!

I would rather Abrams take his time and come out with something good than rush it and give us a half baked movie that's full of potential. The video game sounds interesting if they do it right (unlike Star Trek Legacy). One thing's for sure, the only actor that should appear in this trek movie is a brief appearance from Nimoy (old Spock) to give us an update or further the whole "Vulcans are going exctinct" plot (which should be the secondary plot within the movie, Nimoy would just serve as a catalyst). If more actors from previous Trek movies come in, then the new series won't stand on it's own. I know Brent Spiner wants to be in it. I think he's a great actor and played his Trek roles fantastically, but he needs to stay out.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 3 2011, 05:20 PM)
If more actors from previous Trek movies come in, then the new series won't stand on it's own. I know Brent Spiner wants to be in it. I think he's a great actor and played his Trek roles fantastically, but he needs to stay out.

I agree. No more cameos from any of the "elder" actors or characters. The new cast must be allowed to flourish on its own.

The only way I could see Brent Spiner making an appearance would be as the grandfather or father of Noonian Soong, the scientist who created Data. In the series, Enterprise, Arik Soong (great-grandfather of Noonian Soong) was a scientist who tried to recommence the eugenics program of the 1990's, which, of course, had created Khan Noonien Singh and his fellow "supermen".

I suppose it's possible, but I can't see Abrams giving much screen time to Spiner. A cameo perhaps, but not a major role....

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 5 2011, 12:43 AM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 3 2011, 05:20 PM)
If more actors from previous Trek movies come in, then the new series won't stand on it's own. I know Brent Spiner wants to be in it. I think he's a great actor and played his Trek roles fantastically, but he needs to stay out.

I agree. No more cameos from any of the "elder" actors or characters. The new cast must be allowed to flourish on its own.

The only way I could see Brent Spiner making an appearance would be as the grandfather or father of Noonian Soong, the scientist who created Data. In the series, Enterprise, Arik Soong (great-grandfather of Noonian Soong) was a scientist who tried to recommence the eugenics program of the 1990's, which, of course, had created Khan Noonien Singh and his fellow "supermen".

I suppose it's possible, but I can't see Abrams giving much screen time to Spiner. A cameo perhaps, but not a major role....

Yeah, that'd be the most reasonable way to put Spiner in there. It'd still seem a bit forced though imho. I'm fine with him never returning to a ST film in any capacity.

And I agree with having the series' actors stay out of it. Nimoy is enough.

When it comes down to it I think the original series characters are the best bet money-wise. Fans of ANY of the series will definitely watch a film on the original characters. However, I'm not sure that fans of the original series will "definitely" watch a movie showcasing the Next Generation characters. Plus, I'd guess that the very casual ST fans are generally more familiar with Kirk & the gang than they are with Picard's crew.

I EFFIN' LOVE STAR TREK. Kirk was sexy hehe. 2 years ago i asked for nothing but Star Trek videos for xmas lol