Star Trek

progrush2112

I watched it as a kid in the early 70s and almost every repeat run since, TOS that is, it never gets old...

I'll grade them...

TOS - A+

TNG - B

DSN - C-

VOY - F

ENT - D

Reb - B+

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jaye @ May 9 2011, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 9 2011, 03:03 AM)
I didn't start watching Star Trek until ENT had ended (oops! latecomer).

Wow, I've been watching it longer that you, but you know waaaaaayy more about it than I do (and seen more than I have)! laugh.gif

I remember when Enterprise started: We watched a few episodes but we couldn't get into it at all... Plus, the only film I've seen is The Voyage Home. But I'm following TOS at the moment, (again, not seen oops.gif ) so I'm hoping they'll show the films after, like FX have done twice with Babylon 5. *crosses fingers*

Wow, I feel like such a noob now. I only started watching Star Trek after I saw the new movie on opening night.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ May 9 2011, 09:11 PM)

Wow, I've been watching it longer that you, but you know waaaaaayy more about it than I do (and seen more than I have)! laugh.gif

I remember when Enterprise started: We watched a few episodes but we couldn't get into it at all... Plus, the only film I've seen is The Voyage Home. But I'm following TOS at the moment, (again, not seen oops.gif ) so I'm hoping they'll show the films after, like FX have done twice with Babylon 5. *crosses fingers*

Wow, I feel like such a noob now. I only started watching Star Trek after I saw the new movie on opening night.

And I bet you know more about it than me, too. laugh.gif

I don't even own one piece of Trek merch, not even DVDs. blush4.gif

And I still haven't gotten around to getting that Garak book! banghead.gif *is slow* I guess it slipped my mind because I'm on a massive Farscape kick. Yeah, that's my excuse... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ May 9 2011, 06:24 PM)

And I still haven't gotten around to getting that Garak book! banghead.gif *is slow* I guess it slipped my mind because I'm on a massive Farscape kick. Yeah, that's my excuse... tongue.gif

Probably, but that's really because there's nothing good on TV when I get home from school. Star Trek is my 45 minute/weekday escape. Since my family is actually composed of trekkies and former trekkies, I've actually bought/gotten as gifts since 2009 most of the series on DVD through box sets sitting in their basements tongue.gif

I'm only missing ToS and Enterprise on DVD to complete my collection. Tankfully there are websites all over the internet like startrek.com that show full episodes online for free for the ones I'm missing.

Edited by usb_connector

QUOTE (Jaye @ May 9 2011, 05:24 PM)

I actually got into Star Trek about three-four years ago. I was deathly (practically) ill and sick home for a week. My dad, knowing I had loved TWOK (the first 'Trek movie I saw), got me TSFS and I ended up watching it five times in three days.. maybe more. From there out, it was like: "MOOOAR, MOAR STAR TREK ALGKRSAL;K'A" and I raided the interwebs for episodes.

Took me a while to get into ENT but once it got into the third season I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I loved the Xindi to death. My mom would always hear it from the table (I watched after school) and she'd comment about the "bug people" (Xindi-Reptillians haha). Then I got into TNG, DS9, and VOY (kinda) in that order.

But to be honest I probably wouldn't have stuck with ENT if not for the characters of Soval and Shran (JEFFREY COMBS ♥). And that Duras guy. He was pretty cool. And of course ROMULANS. Seeing the Romulan War play out on the small screen would've been so great. Not to mention Section 31 conspiracy oh my gosh. |D

Oh, and for the record I don't have that much Star Trek stuff. I have two t-shirts, way too many posters, some Star Trek artwork done by me and others, a couple ornaments, and a figure of Odo staring at me from across my desk. :3 Oh and way too many books. xD But those don't quite count.

Edited by CMWriter

Oh, Jeffery Combs is on Enterprise?!? Maybe I should give it another chance! biggrin.gif

And I don't know if books don't count - I always count my beloved Babylon 5 books. wub.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ May 10 2011, 02:00 PM)
Oh, Jeffery Combs is on Enterprise?!? Maybe I should give it another chance! biggrin.gif

And I don't know if books don't count - I always count my beloved Babylon 5 books. wub.gif

They do. Like Unattractive Truth posted, Combs plays a recurring character named Shran. I find he's the most interesting character on the show next to phlox. He plays his role really well and the episodes he appears in tend to be some of the better ones.

yay looks like they are gonna remaster TNG 1022.gif

from The Digital Bits:

As some of you may be aware, a few months ago Netflix signed a non-exclusive deal with CBS allowing them to digitally stream the entire Star Trek library to their customers, along with popular ancillary titles like MacGyver. Well, that arrangement definitely tripped our sensors. Not only is that financial incentive for TNG Remastered to move forward, but the fact that J.J. Abrams' big-screen Trek sequel is likely to start shooting in September (for theatrical release next year) provides a sufficient marketing/cross-promotional incentive too. So after several months of looking into this, our industry sources have finally begun hinting that TNG Remastered IS moving forward and that Netflix (and possibly Paramount's Epix cable channel, which has a strong relationship with the streaming service) may be the first place you'll finally see it - in HD - starting sometime in the fall. Meanwhile, SD TNG episodes will begin appearing on Netflix in July. Trek Movie posted this a month ago:

"Netflix confirmed they will be streaming every episode of every season for all five live-action Star Trek series: the original Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise. TOS, TNG, Voyager and Enterprise will all become available on July 1st. DS9 will launch on October 1st. TOS and Enterprise will be available in HD."

While Deep Space Nine and Voyager are unlikely to generate the kind of revenue to justify a Remastered redo effort (and Enterprise is already available in HD), we believe a high-definition film scan of The Next Generation is very likely in the cards for the entire series run, along with the requisite digitally-upgraded effects. Of course, in addition to syndication and streaming, the end result of all this might be a Next Generation: Remastered Blu-ray release down the line. So if all goes well, you could be spinning Picard and Data on disc in glorious HD by this time next year.

That's great! Hopefully they won't use cardboard for the packing of TNG remastered. That full series box set of TNG is so poorly made it's not even funny.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 10 2011, 06:34 PM)
A CHALLENGER APPEARS!!!!

STAR WARS.

I would hardly call that a challenger (3 good movies, 3 terrible moves), but there is a Star Wars thread somewhere in the first 5 pages or so of this part of the board.

Edited by usb_connector

This old fart just took another baby-step into the 21st century. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Sony 3D Blu-Ray player: BDP-S580 yes.gif ....so, of course, his first two Blu-Ray film purchases were.....(drum roll, please...)...

Star Trek (2009)

Saving Private Ryan

Coming Soon: WALL-E, ALL Rush concerts, etc., etc., ........

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 10 2011, 03:09 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ May 10 2011, 10:00 AM)

Yes he plays an Andorian named Shran. It's a great character, and he does very well in it.

Jeffrey Combs, as in Re Animator Jeffrey Combs?

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ May 12 2011, 08:10 PM)

Yes he plays an Andorian named Shran. It's a great character, and he does very well in it.

Indeed. laugh.gif Very different character, though.

I actually watched "House on Haunted Hill" and the sequel to said movie (both of which were TERRIBLE) for a total of about 30 seconds of seeing Jeffrey Combs. That's right, I watched them JUST FOR JEFFREY COMBS. He didn't say a word. He just stood there with a scalpel at various intervals and looked freakin' creepy. But that's why I love him. |D

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 12 2011, 09:14 PM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ May 12 2011, 08:10 PM)

Indeed. laugh.gif Very different character, though.

I actually watched "House on Haunted Hill" and the sequel to said movie (both of which were TERRIBLE) for a total of about 30 seconds of seeing Jeffrey Combs. That's right, I watched them JUST FOR JEFFREY COMBS. He didn't say a word. He just stood there with a scalpel at various intervals and looked freakin' creepy. But that's why I love him. |D

Thanks Christine!

and...

not to derail thread but..

From beyond > ReAnimator

HP Lovecraft FTMFW

Edited by BeOhBe Bob

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ May 12 2011, 05:10 PM)

The very same.

Also, Jeffrey Combs, as in Weyoun from DS9.

And that guy from The 4400.

He's everywhere!

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 12 2011, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ May 12 2011, 05:10 PM)

The very same.

Also, Jeffrey Combs, as in Weyoun from DS9.

And that guy from The 4400.

He's everywhere!

Ah, Weyoun.. Don't get me started on Weyoun. I have a very strong love/hate relationship with that (those?) Vorta. Made my day when I picked up Rising Son (DS9 novel) and saw a new Weyoun. And he came back in Olympus Descending. biggrin.gif

As far as I'm concerned the Dominion could have done without the Founders, the Jem'Hadar, and all the other Vorta, but it had to have Weyoun. He's just too adorable/creepy to keep away forever. wub.gif

And DOCTOR KEVIN BURKHOFF. I loved The 4400 before I knew anything at all about Star Trek, if you can believe that. Of course I had the biggest crush in the universe on Shawn Farrell (played by Patrick Flueger).. and was subsequently crushed when the series got canceled following the Writer's Strike. :C

But of course David Mack and Greg Cox (two Star Trek novelists! and good ones!) stepped in and wrote a few "4400" novels, which I need to locate and read. |:

The Perfect Mate was on tonight....starring Famke Janssen as Kamala of Krios - the HOTTEST alien babe of all time....

Famke, Famke, Famke..... wub.gif drool1.gif blush4.gif

http://www.thehomestarmy.com/s9y/uploads/Famke-Kamala.jpg