After all my negative Rush posts...

I went on a tangent today looking for Rush tickets, out of curiosity to see what's available. I found a nice ticket, 3rd row, in front of Alex for $400. Thought of the setlist and had my doubts.

20 minutes later I stumbled upon a ticket in the first tier at cost, reviewed the setlist again and decided to take the plunge, since the 80's (and before) is my kind of Rush. I admit to feeling a little giddy since the last I saw them was in '94.

Perhaps I will see Neil around when riding my copper Hayabusa.. biggrin.gif

Anyone going to the Bristow Va show?

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 23 2010, 05:40 PM)
I went on a tangent today looking for Rush tickets, out of curiosity to see what's available. I found a nice ticket, 3rd row, in front of Alex for $400. Thought of the setlist and had my doubts.

20 minutes later I stumbled upon a ticket in the first tier at cost, reviewed the setlist again and decided to take the plunge, since the 80's (and before) is my kind of Rush. I admit to feeling a little giddy since the last I saw them was in '94.

I'll be at the Bristow show yes.gif

Well! Glad to see you've had a change of heart and are actually kind of looking forward to it.

Seriously - a number of people who were initially disappointed in the setlist (and hey - there are a shitload of songs I'd have loved to see on it as well) have returned to say they were pleasantly surprised after actually hearing it live.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 23 2010, 03:40 PM)

Glad you pulled the trigger! Nice score!!!

Signed,

"Double Agent" tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 26 2010, 11:45 AM)
QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jul 23 2010, 07:48 PM)
Except for Faithless, I absolutely loved the set live.  I was on the fence about a few other songs, but they won me over!

This gives me hope. smile.gif

It's true. Mood killer . Go get a beer laugh.gif

Thanks everyone! Will do a review afterwards.

Fanboy Daniel- I've been a Rush fan since '78--most of us original guys have been facepalming ourselves with this new direction that Rush has decided on. The fact is I will always love Rush...these guys are like family to me and so many others as well.

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 26 2010, 02:00 PM)
Gee, what a surprise. schla03.gif

If I had a buck for everyone who bitched about the set list and screamed that they weren't going only to turn around and get tickets, I'd have me and my wife's seats paid for.

Actually you'd have about 4 bucks...get over it.

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jul 27 2010, 10:42 AM)
Gee, what a surprise.  schla03.gif

If I had a buck for everyone who bitched about the set list and screamed that they weren't going only to turn around and get tickets, I'd have me and my wife's seats paid for.

It was an exaggeration to make a point. But I think you probably knew that. Nobody is that dense after all... right?

But "get over it"? Get over what?

Have fun, I saw them there a few times... used to be Nissan Pavillion, correct? I've since moved outta the DC area. I like the venue, much better acoustics than the Marcus Ampitheater in Milwaukee.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 27 2010, 10:12 AM)
I've been a Rush fan since '78--most of us original guys have been facepalming ourselves with this new direction that Rush has decided on.

Just about every other release by Rush is a "new direction." To which one are you referring? Signals?

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 27 2010, 11:33 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jul 27 2010, 10:12 AM)
I've been a Rush fan since '78--most of us original guys have been facepalming ourselves with this new direction that Rush has decided on.

Just about every other release by Rush is a "new direction." To which one are you referring? Signals?

well i think they lost their way a few times, or maybe just experimenting.

the first 1/2 of any bands career or someone's job will always be fresh with ideas and you're hungry. than the well starts to dry up.

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jul 27 2010, 12:42 PM)
Gee, what a surprise.  schla03.gif

Where do I send my dollar? Oh wait...I never said I wasn't going, just bitched about the set list.

LMAO!!! "Where's my 2 dollars??!!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/happyroll.gif