Sign help

iluvgeddy05

I want to make a sign for the shows and am between these:

"I have a RASH and the only prescription is more RUSH!" (if I could, do it in the actual debut's lettering)

"26.2" <-- actual distance of a Marathon, for Marathon.

or "Want to run first "MARATHON" in 2011" which...is partially true haha.

Thoughts? Still bringing the LUVGEDDY plate even though I won't be close to the stage.

I could bet the guy in that picture wearing an "Australia"t-shirt is not an aussie. I've lived in Oz for 4 years, and absolutely NOBODY has heard of Rush...

Anyway, speaking of marathon, I ran one last year and listened to Rush songs from start to finish...it took me 5 hours and 41 minutes, but I made it to the finish line alive. Heard my favorites from their debut to Counterparts. I'm running another one this Sunday in Rio, but this time I'm mixing the songlist a little bit, adding some Maiden here, some Dream Theater there, and will try to make it in 4 hours...

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jul 16 2010, 12:31 PM)
I could bet the guy in that picture wearing an "Australia"t-shirt is not an aussie. I've lived in Oz for 4 years, and absolutely NOBODY has heard of Rush...

Oh, but he IS an Aussie. yes.gif

That's Different Strings, and he's a member here. Very cool story about how he ended up in that picture, too.

I've met him and can vouch for his Aussie-ness. biggrin.gif

Anyway, speaking of marathon, I ran one last year and listened to Rush songs from start to finish...it took me 5 hours and 41 minutes, but I made it to the finish line alive. Heard my favorites from their debut to Counterparts. I'm running another one this Sunday in Rio, but this time I'm mixing the songlist a little bit, adding some Maiden here, some Dream Theater there, and will try to make it in 4 hours...

Not only is he directly from the Land Down Unduh, he flew all the way to NYS to see his first Rush show with me -- as I won front row tickets and gave the other one to him knowing 1). He's a good guy and 2) he is a HUGE fan in a country where Rush does not travel to.

I can vouch for the accent too wink.gif

He brought many authentic Aussie paraphenalia with him and gave stuff to Neil. As a result, he got a pair of signed drum sticks directly from the roadie.

Bottom line: Haddon is a great guy so don't be pre-juding, fool!!

Edited by iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 16 2010, 12:36 PM)

That's Different Strings, and he's a member here. Very cool story about how he ended up in that picture, too.

Just read your Alex pic story from S&A, GG - very cool!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 16 2010, 02:22 PM)

Not only is he directly from the Land Down Unduh, he flew all the way to NYS to see his first Rush show with me -- as I won front row tickets and gave the other one to him knowing 1). He's a good guy and 2) he is a HUGE fan in a country where Rush does not travel to.

He brought many authentic Aussie paraphenalia with him and gave stuff to Neil. As a result, he got a pair of signed drum sticks directly from the roadie.

I've met him, too. He's Australian all the way. Such a nice guy, too smile.gif

I've met him too. He's the coolest thing to come out of Australia since Crocodile Dundee!! laugh.gif

EDIT: As a matter of fact, he's in this pic below -->

Edited by Natch

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jul 16 2010, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 16 2010, 12:36 PM)

Just read your Alex pic story from S&A, GG - very cool!

Thanks man. A highlight of my Rush fandom, to be sure. smile.gif

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Jul 16 2010, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 16 2010, 01:44 PM)
Make a sign that says "Chicks." with an arrow pointing to you and any female friends.  Stand in front of Alex.  Repeat. smile.gif

I like this one! biggrin.gif

Yes but I am solo for the show.. sad.gif lol

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 16 2010, 02:49 PM)

As have I and many other forum members... me thinks you have spoken out of line, and crow is best eaten warm, my would be friend.

QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 17 2010, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 16 2010, 02:49 PM)

As have I and many other forum members... me thinks you have spoken out of line, and crow is best eaten warm, my would be friend.

Welcome to TRF RodrigoAltaf and I am as aussie as you can get and this pic was at my first EVER RUSH show in 08 with ILUVGEDDY05. I thought that I may never see my idols here in this country so I hopped it over to Canada and NYC. I am off to LA for two shows this tour as well in about 3 weeks now and cannot wait. This forum is fantastic and everyone looks after each other so be nice and you won't cop any shit. So are you gonna have a dog's eye this arvo lol/ 2.gif Gooday mate.

Edited by different strings

QUOTE (different strings @ Jul 17 2010, 09:21 AM)
This forum is fantastic and everyone looks after each other so be nice and you won't cop any shit.

Can this statement be given when people sign up for TRF? 1022.gif

bekloppt.gif DS!!!

Wow, dudes...I didn't mean to offend in my post. And sorry to pre-judge, my aussie friend, but you must admit that Rush is virtually unknown Down Under...I've been all over the place in Oz, and everywhere I've asked, nobody seemed to have even heard OF them, let alone heard any of their songs. Either way, this is one of the occasions when I'm hapy to be wrong. I don't think they'll ever play there though, so it makes sense that you crossed the Atlantic to see them.

By the way, I finished my marathon last Sunday in 04 hours and 22 minutes...not the best I could do, but I had to hold back, I was too afraid of breaking down before reaching the finish line. During the course I heard Working them Angels (great track to start a race!!!), Cut to the Chase, Marathon, Leave that thing Alone, Tom Sawyer and a bunch of others. I ran the Perth Marathon last year, and now my goal is to run one in each continent. Of course, Rush will be in my mp3 player in all these runs...