• Yes
    • No
    • Its Alright
    • EUUURRRRGGHH!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cygnus-1001001 @ Jun 30 2010, 12:35 PM)
I think its one of the worst Rush songs! Really no redeeming qualities and it looks like you all agree! What a weird choice!

Happy with Time Stand Still, Presto and Marathon though smile.gif

So any one like this song??

After my vote...

Yes (like it) 22

No/euurgh: 12

Apparently not everyone agrees tongue.gif

My perfect world would have chosen CTTC or Cold Fire, but SIO rocks too.

Also digging Marathon and Presto 653.gif

Edited by Pause Rewind Replay

It's a great tune. Not in my Rush top 10 but it's definitely a rocking tune. Remember the boys were in a transition during this album.

I think it kicks ass. 1022.gif

QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jun 30 2010, 12:37 PM)
I can't think of any Rush song that I "hate", but this one is one of a few that I could stand to do without in concert.

But I'll be standing and listening all the way through it, of course. smile.gif

Agreed, I can't truly say I hate anything they've ever put out...but I could do without Stick It Out being played. There are even better songs on CP they couldv'e went with instead (Nobody's Hero, Animate, COLD FIRE!!!) or heck just throw in Jacob's Ladder!!!

But hey, I'll take whatever they throw at me!!!

I think it's a great song and I like it a lot but there are so many other songs that I would rather hear in it's place.

I thought it was a VERY peculiar selection. If a source told me that a song from 'Counterparts' would be played on this tour, I would have bet the house on 'Animate'. 'Stick It Out'? No way.

When I first saw it on the setlist, I thought it was a hoax. It's all good though.

Yes, I like it. Granted, it is my least favorite song from Counterparts, but that is one of my favorite Rush CDs. Having said that, it is definitely a bit of a head-scratcher to have been brought back, as I would have preferred just about anything else from CP, but I am sure it will rock.

Just curious because no one mentioned it, but what about "Alien Shore"?

I voted yes on "Stick it out", but it was one of the tracks I liked first on the album when I bought when it came out. "Between Sun and Moon" is one of my favs from the album, and "Speed of Love" is pretty good too.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 30 2010, 12:34 PM)
This song rocks. Really sick riff. And Alex's solo just goes off and then when he goes back into the riff after the solo is a really cool transition. Really heavy song.

I'm baffled by all the haters of this one...same as Leave that Thing Alone confused13.gif

Ditto man... I love it. 1287.gif trink39.gif

"Rush,...it's all good!"

Look, at this point in their careers, I feel that as long as they are willing to show up and play, I am not going to complain! Play the crappiest Rush songs, covers, I don't care! I will shell out my hard-earned Benjamins and I will be there! Singing my heart out and pumping my fist! 1022.gif

Is Stick it Out my favorite Rush tune? No, not even close! But, it is what it is, and they chose to play that song for some reason. I'm cool with that...and even, dare I say, EXCITED about it!

Actually, I am more excited about The Camera Eye, Vital Signs, and Presto than any other song in the set list! I am SO, SO, SO HAPPY they are playing Presto!! I think I might cry! cool.gif

QUOTE (Checkster2112 @ Jul 1 2010, 01:22 AM)
Its a decent song IMO but I just don't understand why that would be what they chose out of an album full of great tunes. I'd have killed for Animate.

Those were exactly my same thoughts earlier in this thread. I agree.

I think its one of the worst Rush songs! Really no redeeming qualities and it looks like you all agree! What a weird choice!

heavy song from an important time for rush's sound...WTF?

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 1 2010, 08:31 AM)

Yeah I agree....but their are 5 others from that album they could have done over that tune.

Animate

CTTC

Alien Shore

Cold Fire

Double Agent

Those are all rockers.

It's alright. And I am sure sounds great.

Just saying though.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 1 2010, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 1 2010, 08:31 AM)

Yeah I agree....but their are 5 others from that album they could have done over that tune.

Animate

CTTC

Alien Shore

Cold Fire

Double Agent

Those are all rockers.

It's alright. And I am sure sounds great.

Just saying though.

Straight up replacing Stick It Out with Double Agent wouldn't quite work since it's so early in the set.

When I saw Double Agent on the CP tour the stage show was very intensive: Pyro, prisims, lasers, you name it. So inside or at night? Of course! During the day? They'd have to change the props and etc. a lot.