"Spoiler!" Spoiled children!

losingit2k

Many of you are a bunch of spoiled children! I can't beleive the threads I'm reading on the released SetList! I can't believe people are complaining about a setlist that holds The entire Moving Pictures (Yes it includes "The Camera Eye"! La Villa, Working Man and two new songs that kick serious @ss even before the album is released. Lets not mention Faithless and Presto which have never been played.

I remember when S & A tour finished how everyone was shocked they didn't play Faithless. Now here it is and most are disappointed its in the set!

Well the hell with you all! I think any 2-1/2 to 3 hour set by Rush is great! Even if they play The Mickey Mouse March!

Maybe we should just go back to when they had opening acts that usually sucked and sucked away their playing time! Maybe we should just forget the whole thing and allow them to live their lives without touring!

be Glad Rush is still around and stop being a bunch of Cry Babies!

Or Witch Hunt will be played for you! Except they'll call it Bitch hunt! For all the bitching most of you are doing!

Now that said! I really wanted to hear Jacobs Ladder!

rofl3.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 28 2010, 11:07 PM)
Be careful, he used an abundance of exclamation points.. I think he really means it! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Get out your armor and sword. 16ton.gif

ba-dup, psh...

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 28 2010, 11:11 PM)
i just hope the beer is nice and cold.

It better be, i have 4 Beer breaks this time laugh.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 28 2010, 10:57 PM)
Many of you are a bunch of spoiled children! I can't beleive the threads I'm reading on the released SetList! I can't believe people are complaining about a setlist that holds The entire Moving Pictures (Yes it includes "The Camera Eye"! La Villa, Working Man and two new songs that kick serious @ss even before the album is released. Lets not mention Faithless and Presto which have never been played.

I remember when S & A tour finished how everyone was shocked they didn't play Faithless. Now here it is and most are disappointed its in the set!

Well the hell with you all! I think any 2-1/2 to 3 hour set by Rush is great! Even if they play The Mickey Mouse March!
Maybe we should just go back to when they had opening acts that usually sucked and sucked away their playing time! Maybe we should just forget the whole thing and allow them to live their lives without touring!

Or Witch Hunt will be played for you! Except they'll call it Bitch hunt! For all the bitching most of you are doing!

rofl3.gif

The posted setlist SUCKS!! I'm a fan of close to 35 years so I have every right to post my opinion about the so-called set-list.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 07:57 AM)
For as much as they have the balls to charge for this tour, you would hope the setlist would be a little more adventurous. 90% of it is stuff theyve played on the last few tours. Sorry but thats lame.

with all these lists floating around, and especially the latest one, if this is what they are going with, i will not be dipping deep into my pockets. i work too hard for my money. lets just wait it out and see what unfolds.

rofl3.gif

With that said I agree with the last line of your post.

That's all I have been asking for in the last 25 plus years of seeing Rush live....that one holy grail song.

Here is the thing you had two camps....the Camera Eye camp and the Jacobs Ladder camp.

TCE is being rolled out. And that is awesome and will be a major highlight.

So if they really are not playing JL (all questions will be answered tonight) then I fully feel they will play it for the Clockwork Angels tour of 2011.

There you go. Otherwise it is a fine setlist with a ton of great stuff as always.

They made one huge misstep and that's Stick it Out. Just a g-d awful choice for the "Time Machine" Tour.

Anyway that is all. Here is to a great tour!!!

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 29 2010, 08:14 AM)

rofl3.gif

With that said I agree with the last line of your post.

That's all I have been asking for in the last 25 plus years of seeing Rush live....that one holy grail song.

Here is the thing you had two camps....the Camera Eye camp and the Jacobs Ladder camp.

TCE is being rolled out. And that is awesome and will be a major highlight.

So if they really are not playing JL (all questions will be answered tonight) then I fully feel they will play it for the Clockwork Angels tour of 2011.

There you go. Otherwise it is a fine setlist with a ton of great stuff as always.

They made one huge misstep and that's Stick it Out. Just a g-d awful choice for the "Time Machine" Tour.

Anyway that is all. Here is to a great tour!!!

cut to the chase should have been the choice.

also, how do you not play something for nothing since forever?

i understand geddy's voice couldn't hold it, but have alex sing along at certain points so ged wouldn't have to scream loud. it would definitely work.

If anybody is too disapointed, I'm sure you can e-bay your tickets, for 50% of what you paid pretty quick.

At least that way it is not a complete loss for you, and you've got enough to see ShreK 3, and eat popcorn sad.gif instead of listening to the greatest band on earth... 2.gif 1022.gif

I cherish the chance to see and hear them play anything.

The set list is interesting, not all my favorites either, but you can not please everybody all the time. But RUSH will sure try to please... hardest working men in the business. 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 08:07 AM)
For as much as they have the balls to charge for this tour, you would hope the setlist would be a little more adventurous. 90% of it is stuff theyve played on the last few tours. Sorry but thats lame.

with all these lists floating around, and especially the latest one, if this is what they are going with, i will not be dipping deep into my pockets. i work too hard for my money. lets just wait it out and see what unfolds.

Well if it is real, im not that bothered by it. This is just a warm up tour, its not in support of a new album. I think the setlist is a very safe one, but this isnt really a full tour.

I totally agree with losingit2k. So many of the great bands from that era are no longer touring or they have become tribute bands of themselves. Like one of my all time faves, Yes. They were the first band I ever saw in concert. Sure, it's cool to see them do their classics and if you close your eyes Benoit sounds like Jon A. but he certainly is not. I am just thankful that I can still see Rush play live, and the original lineup is intact. I hope the members of Rush don't ever look at these posts and say, why should we go out and play for these whiny little bitches. I hope to be able to catch at least one show, even thought they are not stopping in AZ. this time.

Peace...

Some people get so attached to the idea of their "perfect" setlist that any disappointment sparks a extreme overreaction of whining, crying, bitching, and general tantrum throwing.

And some of the "I hate everything after album X" fans attached their own interpretation to the "Time Machine" title and had hissy fits at the mention of any song from the last 20 years

I'm sure that when I see the full verified setlist, there will be some songs that make me go "meh '.. and they're not going to ruin the far greater number of songs that will have me 653.gif

It was just as ridiculous when the '08 setlist leaked, and people were having seizures over Rush playing too many Snakes and Arrows songs.. on the Snakes and Arrows tour eyesre4.gif

Edited by Pause Rewind Replay

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 08:56 AM)

Well if it is real, im not that bothered by it. This is just a warm up tour, its not in support of a new album. I think the setlist is a very safe one, but this isnt really a full tour.

sure it's a safe one, but doing a safe one is boring in my book. maybe not for someone who has only seen them once or twice, but for all the rest of us, how can you not be disappointed?

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jun 29 2010, 11:33 AM)
Some people get so attached to the idea of their "perfect" setlist that any disappointment sparks a extreme overreaction of whining, crying, bitching, and general tantrum throwing.

Bam.

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jun 29 2010, 10:33 AM)

And some of the "I hate everything after album X" fans attached their own interpretation to the "Time Machine" title and had hissy fits at the mention of any song from the last 20 years

I'm sure that when I see the full verified setlist, there will be some songs that make me go "meh '.. and they're not going to ruin the far greater number of songs that will have me 653.gif

It was just as ridiculous when the '08 setlist leaked, and people were having seizures over Rush playing too many Snakes and Arrows songs.. on the Snakes and Arrows tour eyesre4.gif

yea but 5 in a row from s & a was brutal and a total of, what was it 8 or 9 from s & a??

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 10:41 AM)

sure it's a safe one, but doing a safe one is boring in my book. maybe not for someone who has only seen them once or twice, but for all the rest of us, how can you not be disappointed?

I dont know, its easier for some people just to get excited to see them play anything. Some dont really care what they play. For them they just excited and they go regardless of what they play.

Im a little more picky. I know these guys wont be around much longer, so I just want to see stuff I havent seen them play yet, but they dont do that too often, they'll pull out maybe 1 or 2 songs theyve never played, then a few they havent done in a while, and the rest are all standard issue songs for them.

I just wish the setlists were much more varied than they are. I could literally walk to the PNC show in NJ, but I was waiting to see the setlist before buying tix. I dont know if its really worth it, Ill probably just wait for the real clockwork tour.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 10:49 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 10:41 AM)

I dont know, its easier for some people just to get excited to see them play anything. Some dont really care what they play. For them they just excited and they go regardless of what they play.

Im a little more picky. I know these guys wont be around much longer, so I just want to see stuff I havent seen them play yet, but they dont do that too often, they'll pull out maybe 1 or 2 songs theyve never played, then a few they havent done in a while, and the rest are all standard issue songs for them.

I just wish the setlists were much more varied than they are. I could literally walk to the PNC show in NJ, but I was waiting to see the setlist before buying tix. I dont know if its really worth it, Ill probably just wait for the real clockwork tour.

i was thinking the same thing. i wanted more variety and i am waiting to see the official setlist before thinking about buying a ticket, if i buy one.

if i do go, i might skip saratoga and go to the pnc. it's a little closer but i'm wondering if they have buses to and from nyc.

I'm going and will enjoy every note, beat, whathaveyou.

Some fans forget that other bands don't touch what Rush has going on. Trust me, I just saw a show a few weeks ago and every song played was a radio hit. Every. Single. Song. Many other bands give you a LOT of bull for the same price as a Rush show. Take your pick..

Be thankful for what you're getting!