"Spoiler!" Spoiled children!

losingit2k

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 10:53 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 10:49 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 10:41 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 08:07 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 07:57 AM)
For as much as they have the balls to charge for this tour, you would hope the setlist would be a little more adventurous. 90% of it is stuff theyve played on the last few tours. Sorry but thats lame.

with all these lists floating around, and especially the latest one, if this is what they are going with, i will not be dipping deep into my pockets. i work too hard for my money. lets just wait it out and see what unfolds.

Well if it is real, im not that bothered by it. This is just a warm up tour, its not in support of a new album. I think the setlist is a very safe one, but this isnt really a full tour.

sure it's a safe one, but doing a safe one is boring in my book. maybe not for someone who has only seen them once or twice, but for all the rest of us, how can you not be disappointed?

I dont know, its easier for some people just to get excited to see them play anything. Some dont really care what they play. For them they just excited and they go regardless of what they play.

Im a little more picky. I know these guys wont be around much longer, so I just want to see stuff I havent seen them play yet, but they dont do that too often, they'll pull out maybe 1 or 2 songs theyve never played, then a few they havent done in a while, and the rest are all standard issue songs for them.

I just wish the setlists were much more varied than they are. I could literally walk to the PNC show in NJ, but I was waiting to see the setlist before buying tix. I dont know if its really worth it, Ill probably just wait for the real clockwork tour.

i was thinking the same thing. i wanted more variety and i am waiting to see the official setlist before thinking about buying a ticket, if i buy one.

if i do go, i might skip saratoga and go to the pnc. it's a little closer but i'm wondering if they have buses to and from nyc.

Yes they do, but you have to find out where the closest bus station is to PNC.

One of my biggest regrets in life was not going to see Stevie Ray Vaughn when he played in my town. 2 days later he died in a helicopter crash.

For those of you who are thinking of trashing your tickets because you don't like the set list, consider what I just said. I had an older brother who was close to their ages pass away this year. The boys are really getting up there old.gif, so you need to appreciate the opportunity to see them.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 09:48 AM)
QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jun 29 2010, 10:33 AM)
Some people  get so attached to the idea of their "perfect" setlist that any disappointment sparks a extreme overreaction of whining, crying, bitching, and general tantrum throwing.

And some of the "I hate everything after album X" fans  attached their own interpretation to the "Time Machine" title and had hissy fits at the mention of any song from the last 20 years

I'm sure that when I see the full verified setlist, there will be some songs that make me go "meh '.. and they're not going to ruin the far greater number of songs that will have me  653.gif

It was just as ridiculous when the '08 setlist leaked, and people were having seizures over Rush playing too many Snakes and Arrows songs.. on the Snakes and Arrows tour  eyesre4.gif

yea but 5 in a row from s & a was brutal and a total of, what was it 8 or 9 from s & a??

It was only "brutal" for those who couldn't tell the difference between their ass and a hole in the ground. For the rest of us, which make up the vast majority of Rush fans, it was awesome.

Regarding the original post, this is the internet. You see all types of idiots and ne'er do wells posting about how the band doesn't cater to their every whim. Just ignore them.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jun 29 2010, 10:33 AM)
Some people  get so attached to the idea of their "perfect" setlist that any disappointment sparks a extreme overreaction of whining, crying, bitching, and general tantrum throwing.

And some of the "I hate everything after album X" fans  attached their own interpretation to the "Time Machine" title and had hissy fits at the mention of any song from the last 20 years

I'm sure that when I see the full verified setlist, there will be some songs that make me go "meh '.. and they're not going to ruin the far greater number of songs that will have me  653.gif

It was just as ridiculous when the '08 setlist leaked, and people were having seizures over Rush playing too many Snakes and Arrows songs.. on the Snakes and Arrows tour  eyesre4.gif

yea but 5 in a row from s & a was brutal and a total of, what was it 8 or 9 from s & a??

It was 9. 9 was overkill

QUOTE (ominbnd @ Jun 29 2010, 12:18 PM)
I got my perfect set list, which is never gonna' happen, but who cares what they play as long as they keep playing.

This, this, this.

Guys! We are blessed to be fans of such a great group. Bands like this don't come around often. You might get one or two every generation. In the 60's we had the Beatles & The Stones. In the 70's The Who and Led Zepplin and in th 80's We have U2 and Rush! Be glad that fate has not stepped in and taken one of the members of the latter two bands. Specially Rush! Look, Rush could have dissolved after the unfortunate losses Neil had to endure in the 90's. We should be thankful for his perseverance. We are still enjoying the product somewhat of the three original members. You take anyone of these pieces away and it's no longer Rush! Lets face it, they are getting up there in age and Neil really puts himself in much peril evertime he travels on his Motorcycle. At any moment some drunk idiot can run a light or some absent minded dweeb can loose control while making a cellular call and Neil would be lost forever. Heaven forbid this from ever happening buts its the reality of everyday life. Regardless, it's what makes touring bearable for Neil and keeps him coming back.

Guys, They didn't even had to go out and tour this year. Yet here we are on the verge of another opening night and all you can think about is what a crappy setlist? I guess Geddy wears his Blah, Blah, Blah shirt for you!

Stop whining and Enjoy the brief moments that Rush enrichess our lives with. They won't come so often in the future!

2.gif trink39.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 29 2010, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (The Gorsk @ Jun 29 2010, 09:20 AM)
I hope the members of Rush don't ever look at these posts and say, why should we go out and play for these whiny little bitches.

goodpost.gif

z7shysterical.gif

because we are putting money in their pockets. actually i shouldn't say we because i haven't bought a ticket yet.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 29 2010, 03:39 PM)
U2 and Rush

Oh shi-

Well I would have said Metallica and Rush. But I consider Metallica more of a 90's band. Maybe I'm wrong on the U2 thing, I'm just pissed.

Feel free to replace U2 with what ever band you feel fits the slot! AC-DC, Metallica, Van Halen, Genesis, Madonna-> LOL. Whom ever! I think the point was made.

Be gald we still have RUSH!

2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 29 2010, 12:51 PM)
Well I would have said Metallica and Rush. But I consider Metallica more of a 90's band. Maybe I'm wrong on the U2 thing, I'm just pissed.

Feel free to replace U2 with what ever band you feel fits the slot! AC-DC, Metallica, Van Halen, Genesis, Madonna-> LOL. Whom ever! I think the point was made.

2.gif

Metallica is even worse of a choice, don't choose any other band to go alongside with them... Just RUSH... Only them

I'm always grateful for anything from Rush! They are the soundtrack to my life and it would just not be bearable without them.

I just retruned from a trip to Niagara Falls! by the way, I live in Miami and I drove all the way to Canada! Anyway as I was crossing the rainbow bridge over the Niagara River....and suddenly Far Cry come on! I could not have been happier! It was if God was happy I had made it and paid me back in RUSH! It was cool being in Canada and everyone celebrating my Rush Shirts and engaging me with RUSH trivia and news! Canada and Canadians are cool!

2.gif trink39.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 29 2010, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 29 2010, 12:51 PM)

2.gif

Metallica is even worse of a choice, don't choose any other band to go alongside with them... Just RUSH... Only them

Pretty much every group he listed is more popular than Rush just so you know.

And your opinion isnt fact.