Great RUSH Covers

briremo

I'd love to see some links to some covers by other bands and artists that do a nice honor by playing RUSH.

I happen to think

of La Villa Stangiato by Steve Morse is top notch. A little heavier than the boys version but it kicks ass!

Catherine Wheel - The Spirit of Radio

When i hear this i always think about pre-concert waiting to see Rush come out.Neil has it on his house music play-list...

the singer Rob Dickinson is Bruce Dickinson's younger cousin.

Certainly the greatest Rush cover I've ever seen. Heartwarming and heart-stirring. A great voice breathing new life into timeless lyrics. This rendition has attracted the notice of the boys themselves, according to the artist's website:

"The guys have all seen this and think it's terrific. Kudos to Jacob and best of luck. Great voice." - Geddy Lee

I'm sure we've all seen this, but it never gets old for me.

QUOTE (Joshua @ Jun 18 2010, 08:43 AM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4vd9OVLO7Q

Certainly the greatest Rush cover I've ever seen. Heartwarming and heart-stirring. A great voice breathing new life into timeless lyrics. This rendition has attracted the notice of the boys themselves, according to the artist's website:
"The guys have all seen this and think it's terrific. Kudos to Jacob and best of luck. Great voice." - Geddy Lee

Agreed, big fan of this guy. Best Rush cover ive ever seen. Nothing makes me cringe more than seeing someone try to cover rush like rush did it. I dont get that, I can just go watch rush play rush songs.

But seeing someone do something new with it is really refreshing and very rare, especially to do it so good that the boys took notice. I highly doubt they would ever send a message to some cover band covering their songs.

QUOTE (briremo @ Jun 17 2010, 10:33 PM)
I'd love to see some links to some covers by other bands and artists that do a nice honor by playing RUSH.

I happen to think this version of La Villa Stangiato by Steve Morse is top notch. A little heavier than the boys version but it kicks ass!

Lots of great players in addition to Morse on that one.

I read a while ago that Magna Carta had just released a third Rush Tribute disc.

speaking of la villa, here is Greg Howes version.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 18 2010, 02:03 PM)

Agreed, big fan of this guy. Best Rush cover ive ever seen. Nothing makes me cringe more than seeing someone try to cover rush like rush did it. I dont get that, I can just go watch rush play rush songs.

But seeing someone do something new with it is really refreshing and very rare, especially to do it so good that the boys took notice. I highly doubt they would ever send a message to some cover band covering their songs.

+1

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 18 2010, 04:41 PM)
I think Jacob Moon played Subdivisions better than Alex does!

This gets my vote for biggest attention seeking post of June, 2010. Don't you get any attention at home? Do you really need to look for it here, that badly?

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 18 2010, 03:41 PM)

Balderdash.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 18 2010, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 18 2010, 04:41 PM)

This gets my vote for biggest attention seeking post of June, 2010. Don't you get any attention at home? Do you really need to look for it here, that badly?

Nothing attention seeking about it. I think he performs the small solo better than Alex does. It seems to have more heart in it.

I basically feel the same about covering songs by any artist. A new spin > a carbon copy IMO.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 18 2010, 04:31 PM)

I basically feel the same about covering songs by any artist. A new spin > a carbon copy IMO.

Definitely. I get why if you're playing at a bar and the people want to hear Rush songs, well in that situation then yeah, you want to sound like Rush, but if you're going to post videos on youtube, then I dont want to hear Rush clones, we already have tons of live videos of the real band up there.

I dont care about who can play bass as good as geddy, or drums as good as neil, many musicians can do that, I have a bit more respect for someone that can take a 27 year old song, and somehow make it sound modern again by changing everything in it except for the basic melodies, and get the attention of the band on top of it.

Really happy for that guy, he deserves it. Wish I thought of it damnit! =)

It just goes to show the timeless nature of good song writing. Subdivisions may sound very dated now, but you get a guy with a really good natural voice and some ability on a guitar and look what you can do with old songs.

yes.gif goodpost.gif I personally am not one for cover songs as a general rule, but I thought this was just fantastic! Great job by Jacob Moon!!

Archived