SPOILERS - Pre Production Pics

sundog

Looks the opener is dead on. Using the other hints you could probably come up with 28 songs just like that. Really question is how many S&A songs and will they repeat certain tracks like Ghost/The Trees.

Not much suspense left.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (quickfree @ Jun 20 2010, 06:39 PM)
Looks the opener is dead on. Using the other hints you could probably come up with 28 songs just like that. Really question is how many S&A songs and will they repeat certain tracks like Ghost/The Trees.

Not much suspense left.

Do we think thats what the ^1^ means? laugh.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 20 2010, 07:42 PM)

Not much suspense left.

I'd more than love to be proven wrong and this won't exactly be the first time. wink.gif

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 20 2010, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 20 2010, 06:17 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 20 2010, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jun 20 2010, 10:56 AM)
http://arrowsmith-images.info/Arrowsmith-I...Machine.html#31

There's a setlist spoiler that makes me kinda happy smile.gif

Why? I don't follow.

I was left asking the same question. Its just the roof of the rehearsal... well, I was going to say room, but its more of a space.

Ah. I get it now. Its not a new song to the setlist, and that lighting is basically the same as it is on Snakes and Arrows Live, and R30.

Its Between the Wheels.

That lighting image was also used in Far Cry over the crowd as well.

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Jun 20 2010, 09:55 PM)

Why? I don't follow.

I was left asking the same question. Its just the roof of the rehearsal... well, I was going to say room, but its more of a space.

Ah. I get it now. Its not a new song to the setlist, and that lighting is basically the same as it is on Snakes and Arrows Live, and R30.

Its Between the Wheels.

I think it was also used in Animate. and seeing how light shows change each tour, I don't think a light pattern can be used to accurately predict a song.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 19 2010, 11:00 PM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 19 2010, 10:46 PM)
QUOTE (Echoes @ Jun 19 2010, 07:26 PM)
Does anyone notice the "1" next to the lyrics to TSOR? That's pretty much insinuating that it's the opener. Another thing to note is that it seems MP will be straight through and not split up.

Yes, even more reason and proof that the posted rumored setlist is complete BS!

Well, even IF this TSOR deal is what it appears to be, you still can't blame the other guy for posting his findings and calling it BS. He had nothing to gain from lying, and was just posting what he was told... but that was a month ago, things may have changed - who knows?

However, I personally would like to hear TSOR as an opener over "the other song" (spoiler purposes). It has more energy and a faster pace to get me going right at the start

I don't think the set list that was floating around was in any particular order. I think it was probably a list compiled together of the various songs in the show and for all we know used as a production marker. Rush has stated COUNTLESS times that they bring 5 hours worth of material to go through in rehearsals and they narrow it down to near 3 hours each time.

Are we to believe that Rush had their set list cemented in stone 4 or 5 weeks ago in rehearsals? Production rehearsals WITH the band just began last week. I think if anything there has been changes made in and out since the list was e-mailed to who ever. Rush always mentions songs they do in rehearsals for days and days that just don't make the final cut...i.e. A Farewell To Kings, The Camera Eye, Faithless, Nocturne, Cut To The Chase.

Anyone ever listen to the rehearsal for the CP tour with Distant Early Warning in the set list? That was recorded the night before the tour began and they didn't ever roll that song out once yet brought out Bravado. They have also switched out The Analog Kid and Vital Signs with The Tress and Subdivisions on the RTB tour.

Geddy just said last week in an interview the set list is going to be "drastically" different from the last tour. Am I to really believe the rumor then that Rush is going to play 6 songs from Snakes and Arrows?

Doubtful.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 20 2010, 10:03 PM)

Why? I don't follow.

Its Between the Wheels.

I think it was also used in Animate. and seeing how light shows change each tour, I don't think a light pattern can be used to accurately predict a song.

Rush has used copied lighting effects for multiple songs. Speaking of Animate, anyone there opening night for R30? What happened to the words on the screen for Animate from that night? They never appeared on the tour again!

I also don't get where the video footage went for Force Ten on that tour and Subdivisions last tour. Blank screens for those songs don't make much sense.

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Jun 20 2010, 10:06 PM)

Why? I don't follow.

Its Between the Wheels.

Rush has used copied lighting effects for multiple songs. Speaking of Animate, anyone there opening night for R30? What happened to the words on the screen for Animate from that night? They never appeared on the tour again!

I also don't get where the video footage went for Force Ten on that tour and Subdivisions last tour. Blank screens for those songs don't make much sense.

I remember the words missing on the screen during Animate. I just thought they got rid of it for R30. They had it on opening night?

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 20 2010, 10:29 PM)
QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Jun 20 2010, 10:06 PM)

Why? I don't follow.

Its Between the Wheels.

I remember the words missing on the screen during Animate. I just thought they got rid of it for R30. They had it on opening night?

Here you go...found it...starts at 4:33 into the video...this is the only show on the tour they did video for Animate.

And the only video of this show that I know of.

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Jun 20 2010, 10:03 PM)

I don't think the set list that was floating around was in any particular order. I think it was probably a list compiled together of the various songs in the show and for all we know used as a production marker. Rush has stated COUNTLESS times that they bring 5 hours worth of material to go through in rehearsals and they narrow it down to near 3 hours each time.

Are we to believe that Rush had their set list cemented in stone 4 or 5 weeks ago in rehearsals? Production rehearsals WITH the band just began last week. I think if anything there has been changes made in and out since the list was e-mailed to who ever. Rush always mentions songs they do in rehearsals for days and days that just don't make the final cut...i.e. A Farewell To Kings, The Camera Eye, Faithless, Nocturne, Cut To The Chase.

Geddy just said last week in an interview the set list is going to be "drastically" different from the last tour. Am I to really believe the rumor then that Rush is going to play 6 songs from Snakes and Arrows?

The setlist that was posted was broken down to 1st set, 2nd set and encore. I would agree with you if it had not been posted that way...but it was.

Yes, I think that the setlist has been firm for well over a month if not more. Production rehearsals are just usually not a place to make major changes.

I think Geddy's interpretaion of "drastically different" may be different to you or me.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 21 2010, 01:19 AM)

I think Geddy's interpretaion of "drastically different" may be different to you or me.

EXACTLY.

In fact, how many times can you honestly say in your lifetime where you've heard bands go on tour time after time, with each time it being cited as "big" or "huge" or "different", with each succeeding tour.

Does it really end up being THAT mindblowing in the end? Sometimes iot does - not to discount that fact - but oftentimes it's "just another tour'

Point is, Geddy may just be saying this as an attractiive attribute for their upcoming tour, which commences in about a week's time.

I understand your excitement if you're a major Rush, but it just seems that some of you people tend to nitpick at choice of words taht were said in the past. It's like me working a long work shift and saying I earned 200 dollars for the day when, really, I earned a take-home pay of about 180. It's an overexaggeration.

However, five S&A songs are too much! I've stated that before lol

Edited by Hemispheres89

Rush has stated COUNTLESS times that they bring 5 hours worth of material to go through in rehearsals and they narrow it down to near 3 hours each time.

Are we to believe that Rush had their set list cemented in stone 4 or 5 weeks ago in rehearsals?  mera Eye, Faithless, Nocturne, Cut To The Chase. 
It's actually been set for well over 2 months now and NO, they don't go into FULL rehearsals (band & crew) with 5 hours of music. They go into FULL rehearsals with a the complete set list and may make a few very minor changes to it, but it certainly doesn't involve whittling down 5 hours of music into 3 hours. That would be a logistical & programming nightmare.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 21 2010, 01:30 AM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 21 2010, 01:19 AM)

EXACTLY.

In fact, how many times can you honestly say in your lifetime where you've heard bands go on tour time after time, with each time it being cited as "big" or "huge" or "different", with each succeeding tour.

Does it really end up being THAT mindblowing in the end? Sometimes iot does - not to discount that fact - but oftentimes it's "just another tour'

Point is, Geddy may just be saying this as an attractiive attribute for their upcoming tour, which commences in about a week's time.

I understand your excitement if you're a major Rush, but it just seems that some of you people tend to nitpick at choice of words taht were said in the past. It's like me working a long work shift and saying I earned 200 dollars for the day when, really, I earned a take-home pay of about 180. It's an overexaggeration.

However, five S&A songs are too much! I've stated that before lol

4 songs are too many imo new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 21 2010, 07:19 AM)

The setlist that was posted was broken down to 1st set, 2nd set and encore. I would agree with you if it had not been posted that way...but it was.

Yes, I think that the setlist has been firm for well over a month if not more. Production rehearsals are just usually not a place to make major changes.

Yes. By that, he could be talking about the order, rather than new content.

QUOTE (Echoes @ Jun 19 2010, 07:26 PM)
Does anyone notice the "1" next to the lyrics to TSOR? That's pretty much insinuating that it's the opener. Another thing to note is that it seems MP will be straight through and not split up.

This is what I took it to mean when it was announced that Moving Pictures was to be played "In it's entirety".

1022.gif

Not much suspense left.

No.

It means first verse.

QUOTE (hazlnut @ Jun 22 2010, 03:57 PM)

Not much suspense left.

No.

It means first verse.

Then wouldn't the "1" be next to the first verse, instead of the song title?

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 22 2010, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (hazlnut @ Jun 22 2010, 03:57 PM)

Not much suspense left.

No.

It means first verse.

Then wouldn't the "1" be next to the first verse, instead of the song title?

Excellent point.

I think it means 1st song...just as FOH Lights and Score Out said weeks ago.