What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Just learned this morning that my mom's house near Paradise, California, still stands. Her neighborhood was untouched by the fires.

She will probably move out to Ohio with us. Sure, her house may have survived, but the city didn't. No point living in an apocalyptic wasteland way up in the mountains, at age 80, alone.

• Like 1

Just learned this morning that my mom's house near Paradise, California, still stands. Her neighborhood was untouched by the fires.

She will probably move out to Ohio with us. Sure, her house may have survived, but the city didn't. No point living in an apocalyptic wasteland way up in the mountains, at age 80, alone.

I'm really glad she is ok! The photos of the fire look so awful. It's hard to imagine everything being gone.

• Like 2

The frilly latte I got at Starbucks en route to work this morning.

And also my entire general state in life. Very good financial status, becoming a better engineer, and frequently going on adventures with and without my smokin' hot girlfriend. :LOL: :)

"Life is good"

• Like 3

Got my lab ticket for my A1C test tomorrow morning, and grocery shopping for next couple of weeks, and also my mince pies are going to be delivered today! YUM!

bKZYx09.png

• Like 1

Got my lab ticket for my A1C test tomorrow morning, and grocery shopping for next couple of weeks, and also my mince pies are going to be delivered today! YUM!

bKZYx09.png

Yes, the pies just arrived, And BOY WERE THEY GOOD! Walker's is definitely good at what they do! The sell the shortbread fingers at my grocery store, along with other Walkers shortbread varieties....Thanks, BC, for your interest!

qZ2cAX3.gif

• Like 1

Follow-up with primary physican, in fair shape. Cholesterol and triglyceride down to 126 and 100, but A1C at 5.9 . Being retired wreaking havoc on the diet! Also need to get back on the supplements as hemoglobin and Vitamin D levels way down. Everything else ok, Doc says I need to exercise more. Looks like more dog walks in the picture.
  • Like 2

It's still being made ...

... sitting here after cleaning le?/la? te da maison for sale in my one and only Chargers jersey, sipping on cheap and dirty blended scotch whiskey and listening to Jimmy Buffett until the cows come home.

I don't give a goshdarnblanketyheck if they lose.

• Like 1

In yet another act of incredible generosity from JD, this arrived yesterday...

t0inj7y.jpg?1

Two miniature Peart sets (S & A, R30), a jar of sand from Lakeside Park, and a shard from the windows at LeStudio. My son is an aspiring drummer and JD thought they might inspire him. He was right! I can't thank you enough for these treasures, JD!

• Like 5

I received two Albums today. Procol Harum's first, And a BEST of The Easybeats. Both albums I've wanted for a LOOOOONG time, but the versions I got were EXTRA Filled! The rest is in the New Purchases part of the Music forum...

qZ2cAX3.gif

• Like 2

I'm binge watching CSI Vegas, the original, CSI, and I just saw Nana Visitor (Kira in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) in the episode I'm watching now....LOL

h81xjKm.png