Did the forum go apeshit?

Xanadoood

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 2 2010, 11:55 PM)
What the hell is going on?.. laugh.gif

Yeah, all Rush forums go apeshit when new material is released.

So shut up! angry.gif

wink.gif smile.gif

Yes.

There were also some false early reports from people who said "I have it" before its release, which suddenly brought a lot of traffic to the site and the sub-forum from seemingly nowhere. laugh.gif

I'm not liking this shit too much at all. I wonder how crazy it was pre-Snakes.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 2 2010, 11:00 PM)
Yes doood!! It's true!! A lot of TRF's are like an insane school of hungry piranha waiting for some new Rush album to fall into the bloody river of Wet Dreams.

laugh.gif Yeah man, its not even about the new album, but all the little topics coming up...people talking about cheesesteaks, religion, calling members dicks...some fun shit going on. Very entertaining.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 3 2010, 12:07 AM)
Yes doood!!  It's true!!  A lot of TRF's are like an insane school of hungry piranha waiting for some new Rush album to fall into the bloody river of Wet Dreams.

laugh.gif Yeah man, its not even about the new album, but all the little topics coming up...people talking about cheesesteaks, religion, calling members dicks...some fun shit going on. Very entertaining.

I wish they'd shut up with the religion (and politics) until they join Sense O'Clock News.

You folks should have been around when Vapor Trails came out. You think this time it's bad? Oh my, there were threats of violence and the whole topic of clipping, etc.... laugh.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 2 2010, 11:14 PM)
You folks should have been around when Vapor Trails came out. You think this time it's bad? Oh my, there were threats of violence and the whole topic of clipping, etc.... laugh.gif

This place was absolutely INSANE when Caress came out. What ... the web wasn't invented yet? Nevermind.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Jun 3 2010, 12:22 AM)

This place was absolutely INSANE when Caress came out. What ... the web wasn't invented yet? Nevermind.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 2 2010, 09:07 PM)
Yes doood!!  It's true!!  A lot of TRF's are like an insane school of hungry piranha waiting for some new Rush album to fall into the bloody river of Wet Dreams.

Indeed buddy! Some fun shit is going on!!! Entertainment Tonight!

Cheers!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 2 2010, 10:46 PM)
I joined the Forum about 2 months before Snakes was released..... It was busy in that time........and it got insane when it was released.

Hey Owl!

On an off topic note, I just wanted to say that I love your Ronnie James Dio Tribute Sig.

Classy man.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 2 2010, 09:07 PM)

This is the most active I've seen this forum, excluding the Olympics hoax and the multiple posts.. I am enjoying it! Lots of voices

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Jun 2 2010, 10:22 PM)

I remember when Rutsey left and Peart came in - people were like who is this f*cking clown - NO ONE can replace Rutsey! Even when he proved himself as a drummer and lyricist, some people were like By-Tor and the f*cking Snowdog? What is this shit? People were all like hey baby it's a quarter to eight, I feel I'm in the mood to kick your ass! It was ugly.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 3 2010, 08:29 AM)

I remember when Rutsey left and Peart came in - people were like who is this f*cking clown - NO ONE can replace Rutsey! Even when he proved himself as a drummer and lyricist, some people were like By-Tor and the f*cking Snowdog? What is this shit? People were all like hey baby it's a quarter to eight, I feel I'm in the mood to kick your ass! It was ugly.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Jun 3 2010, 12:22 AM)

I could only imagine the debates going on when COS was released:

Old Rush good - new Rush bad. Why couldn't they do Fly By Night vol 2??

This Neil guy can't hold a candle to John.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 3 2010, 07:29 AM)

If the net had been around then it would've been EXACTLY that...! tongue.gif

New Rush bad...old Rush good, even then. Then somewhere along the line new became classic and it all bled together...

old.gif We'll miss all this manure when they go back home drinking wine/eating/riding bikes/changing diapers/watching baseball/writing books for insomniacs......

I find the tantrums very funny. Some here are fishing and are catching BIG ONES!!

Keep it up.

That is all.

I remember when Gary played that GREAT Yes song on his show ... ok, that's a lie 'cause it never happened.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Jun 3 2010, 06:06 AM)

I remember when Gary played that GREAT Yes song on his show ... ok, that's a lie 'cause it never happened.

The more you put down Jon Anderson's voice, the more we all know you secretly have a huge mancrush on him. tongue.gif

I remember being on message boards when I was in college when T4E came out. Those early piece of crap message boards, and I remember Rush fans bitching about that album too. Thats just the way it goes, seems like there's still a lot of ppl that cant handle this internet thing, where ppl go to voice their opinions.

Not everyone loves the same things, and this is an outlet. With every single album and song released, there will always be ppl that hate it. Ive met Rush fans that dont like MP, they actually exist believe it or not.

Archived